Windows 10: Failing Win10 update, how to obtain info on WHAT is failing?

Discus and support Failing Win10 update, how to obtain info on WHAT is failing? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all! Every time Windows 10 Home decides it is time for a forced upgrade of my OS (currently on the 1709 version) I have the same nightmare. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sshhii, Nov 21, 2018.

1. sshhii Win User

Failing Win10 update, how to obtain info on WHAT is failing?

Hi all! Every time Windows 10 Home decides it is time for a forced upgrade of my OS (currently on the 1709 version) I have the same nightmare. The upgrade eventually fails with the message that some windows component is not compatible. After a lot of work last year I managed to get it to upgrade to 1709. Now I am fighting with my machine with 1803. I have tried it all: clean boot, running command line functions to analyse and fix windows database, renaming my update folder (as a way to have it start fresh), removing all peripherals during the upgrade, upgrading directly from the internet to have a fresh upgrade media. Nothing seems to work. I have now downloaded a third party software that disables Windows Update so I can get some peace from the constant upgrade attempts. But of course I would rather have the updates for security and bug fixes.

So, instead of asking for a how to upgrade, I would here like to ask if someone could walk me through a way to find out exactly what component(s) the upgrade is complaining about, so that I could possibly find a work around or a fix for it. I think it is a huge oversight on Microsoft's part to not make the error messages more descriptive.

Thanks for any help!

:)

sshhii, Nov 21, 2018

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Nov 21, 2018
  3. jds21 Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Nov 21, 2018
  4. chideock Win User

KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Failing Win10 update, how to obtain info on WHAT is failing? - Similar Threads - Failing Win10 update

2. Win10 22H2 Update Failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 22H2 Update Failed: I've done the troubleshooter/command prompt, system file checker and update assistant but am unable to get 22H2 to install on this computer. Have also created a boot USB and tried to install the update from that but it also has failed....
  3. win10 fails cumulative update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win10 fails cumulative update.: My win10 desktop fails the 21H2 cumulative update KB5013942 WITH 0X8000703F1. Tried numerous times after running the update trouble-shooter-fsc-dism. It seems to complete other updates with no problems i.e. May 10, 2022-KB5013624 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and...
  4. win10 fails cumulative update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win10 fails cumulative update.: My win10 desktop fails the 21H2 cumulative update KB5013942 WITH 0X8000703F1. Tried numerous times after running the update trouble-shooter-fsc-dism. It seems to complete other updates with no problems i.e. May 10, 2022-KB5013624 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and...
  5. win10 fails cumulative update.

6. Win10 Update to 2004 failed

Win10 Update to 2004 failed: I have an unusual System: Intel Xeon E5-v2 with windows 10 professional, Asus Board 64 GB Ram, C600 Chipset an ssd for OS, download, documents folder on other drive, Raid 5 LSI Logic controller for datastorage. Win10 BSOD after the latest update. I can't even log on system...
  7. Win10 updates failing

Win10 updates failing: Hi All, After some help, windows update always fails. it will get to 7% and then restart and undue the update noting error code 0x80070002. I have tried deleting the C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution folder Thanks in advance update log can be downloaded from the link...
  8. Win10 update fails

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 update fails: Product: Pavilion Desktop 590-p0xxx Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) Win10 pro 64 1809 build 17763.503 KB5403327 won't install. Every day the PC settings downloads and tries to install this update and fails each time requiring a reboot.. Otherwise the...
  9. Win10 update fails

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 update fails: Product: Pavilion Desktop 590-p0xxx Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) Win10 pro 64 1809 build 17763.503 KB5403327 won't install. Every day the PC settings downloads and tries to install this update and fails each time requiring a reboot.. Otherwise the...
  10. Win10 Updates Failed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 Updates Failed: I just viewed my updates history and see some failed installed updates under the Windows Updates history. How can I re-download and install these failed updates without manually doing it? Also, I just upgraded from Win 10 Pro to Enterprise. By upgrading to Enterprise,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 1809 upgrade walk through