Windows 10: Fails to delete windows 10 Data file backup

Discus and support Fails to delete windows 10 Data file backup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Getting below error while deleting windows data file backup period. Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Backup and Restore Windows 7 > Manage Space >... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ANSOpb, Nov 10, 2020.

1. ANSOpb Win User

Fails to delete windows 10 Data file backup

Getting below error while deleting windows data file backup period. Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Backup and Restore Windows 7 > Manage Space > View Backups > select backup period > Delete

"Not all files and directories were deleted. First Failed file is \\?\Volume{ ...name of drive>\Backup Set 2020-09-20 190000\Catalogs\GlobalCatalog.wbcat "

Please suggest on this.

:)

ANSOpb, Nov 10, 2020

2. Data Backup

RAID is so often misunderstood. It offers only the following:

1./ Faster disk system, and/or
    2./ Additional "redundant" HDDs, so if one HDD fails, a copy of the data is still there. The RAID system automatically recovers.

As Dan said, that is a live copy, NOT BACKUP. If you delete or overwrite a file it's GONE! If the server catches fire, has a brown out, or is stolen, the data is GONE!

You need a physically seperate backup system.

The simplest system is a NAS (basically a cut down server that only does filesharing). You then run a backup overnight when the network isnt busy.

Alternatively, use a USB or Firewire 1TB HDD and connect it to the server and run a backup of key folders.

**NOTE**
    Do read up on good backup practice. It is a good idea to use grandfathering techniques, and for most people, NOT to backup every night, but once or week. Reason: your *new* backup overwrites an old backup. But only after the backup, you realise you need to recover from the old backup. Data lost, unless you grandfather.

It is more likely that a user error will mean that you need to go back to the archive to recover files, than due to hardware failure. Therefore, plan your backup strategy accordingly.

lemonadesoda, Nov 10, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 10, 2020
  4. Fails to delete windows 10 Data file backup

Windows 10 C://system recovery/Repair/Backup files - can I delete them

Hi Mike,

The files that you found in C://System Recovery/Repair/Backup were backup of your data files or system images created in the past. You can safely delete them by running disk cleanup or by manually deleting them.

To remove the files using disk cleanup, please see
    Disk cleanup in Windows 10.

To manually remove the files, follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Under System and Security, click Backup and Restore (Windows 7).
    • Click Manage space to open Manage Windows Backup disk space page.
    • Under Data file backup, click View backups to view all Data File backups.
    • Delete the backups you do not need.
    • On the Manage Windows Backup disk space page, under System image, click
      Change settings.
    • You'll then find the following options:

• Let Windows manage the space used for backup history
    • Keep only the latest system image and minimize space used by backup.

8. Select the second option. This will delete your earlier system images and keep only the latest ones.

9. Click OK.

Let us know if you need further information.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

Fails to delete windows 10 Data file backup

1. Fails to delete windows 10 Data file backup - Similar Threads - Fails delete Data

2. Windows 10 Backup - Delete old data backups automatically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Backup - Delete old data backups automatically: Good morning,we have some computers that create a backup by week, in a external drive since 2-3 months.The problem is that Windows 10 isn't deleting old backups and drive is being full so fast. I want to know if it exists some way to do this task automatically, because now I...
  3. Windows 10 Backup - Delete old data backups automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Backup - Delete old data backups automatically: Good morning,we have some computers that create a backup by week, in a external drive since 2-3 months.The problem is that Windows 10 isn't deleting old backups and drive is being full so fast. I want to know if it exists some way to do this task automatically, because now I...
  4. Windows 10 Backup - Delete old data backups automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. delete backup files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    delete backup files: my windows backup files are taking storage in D drive , how to completey delete it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-backup-files/62c66206-8c6c-4ea1-8f75-fb4fa99d5661
  6. How to Delete Backup Files in Windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Delete Backup Files in Windows: HOW TO DELETE THIS DAMN PROCESS FOREEVER AND ALSO DRIVE......... I MEAN BACK UP DRIVE PERMINENTALY.............[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-backup-files-in-windows/414eb5ef-1d90-4e07-9694-67fcbfa61d2d
  7. Backup in Windows 10 fails

Backup in Windows 10 fails: Using Windows 10 my HP, the Windows backup program won't backup onto an exterior 3TB hard drive. After 2 hours it stops with the error code 0x80070003 and STATUS_WAIT_3....
  8. Windows backup failed - file in use

Windows backup failed - file in use: Hi there. I am trying to backup my main PC through backup and restore in hopes of creating a similar environment on my laptop to carry around with me. I tried this more than once, the first time it hung up at 97%. I cleared up my external drive just a bit and it got past...
  9. deleted data backup

deleted data backup: any software of deleted data recovery https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-data-backup/0b3af99d-cbfa-4eb1-838d-a81807b42250
  10. restore/backup data from failing HD

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    restore/backup data from failing HD: Hello. Yesterday I noticed a severe and sudden slow-down of my PC. Task manager showed one of the HDs being at 100% usage. SMART showed no errors (yet), so I ran chkdisk over night. Took ages so I bought a new disk to copy my files over. To get around the 100% usage, I did...