Windows 10: Failure accessing NAS drive

Discus and support Failure accessing NAS drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! I wasn't really sure what section to put this in since it could be security and/or network. The problem is I can see my NAS in file explorer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Handler, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Handler Win User

Failure accessing NAS drive

Hello!

I wasn't really sure what section to put this in since it could be security and/or network. The problem is I can see my NAS in file explorer and I can ping it fine and I can even access it via FTP but if I try to access it I get the following dialog box.

Failure accessing NAS drive [​IMG]

I did a little bit of searching but nothing worked and reverted my changes. This is a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro 64bit. The NAS is about 10 years old, it's nothing fancy and uses a Samba architecture.

Bottom line it'd be sweet if I could access this directly through windows instead of FTPing a file.

Thanks for your help in advance! *Smile

:)

Handler, Jan 16, 2016
  2. rtbewley Win User

System Image Backup Fails on Windows 10 - Error codes 0x80070002, 0x807800C5, 0x80780081, 0x8078004F

Hello.

I am seeing the same problem, but trying to backup to a NAS drive which is plugged directly into my router.

My error is:

There was a failure in preparing the backup image of one of the volumes in the backup set. Details: The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file.

I am using a Seagate 433E6B drive.

thanks

rtbewley, Jan 16, 2016
  3. Cannot see NAS drives after intalling build 10.0.10586

I have seven win 10 machines in my household. After updating 3 of the machines from 10.0.10240 to 10.0.10586 they lost the ability to see all of the NAS drives (2 Dlinks, one Lenovo and one WD My Cloud) in windows explorer. The un-updated machines continue
    to access the NAS drives as before but the updated machines cannot see the NAS drives. Are there any suggestions before I start randomly changing the settings to get NAS access back?

Thanks.

JohnWilcox49, Jan 16, 2016
  4. Failure accessing NAS drive

I had similar issue, can't access it from network but was able to map it from file explorer with the use different credentials option. My drive is connected to my router with USB and set up as Samba.

wreckwriter, Jan 16, 2016
  5. linw Win User
    There are many posts on this. Network discovery is a mess ATM and you will have to wait for MS to fix it.

6. Wullail Win User
    The only thing I had an issue with when this happened to me was the NAS wasn't on the same homegroup as my PC , as soon as I rectified that I could access it just fine.

I have 4 NAS devices on my home network currently and can access them all just fine.

Wullail, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Failure accessing NAS drive

1. Failure accessing NAS drive - Similar Threads - Failure accessing NAS

2. Can't Access my NAS drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Access my NAS drive: I cant connect to my NAS. I had mapped drives that worked fine earlier. now I only get an error message. Long message essentialy to many server connections. What has happend Please advice Regards Anders...
  3. Unable to access NAS drives after v2004 update

Unable to access NAS drives after v2004 update: Hi, I have 2Win 10 Pro machines and 2 WD MyCloudEX2Ultra NAS drives all connected by Ethernet cables, I can access the drives, but as soon as I try to copy files to/from the drives the connection keeps dropping out, the drives are not mapped I am using Network Addressing e.g....
  4. Unable to access NAS Drive secured folder

Unable to access NAS Drive secured folder: Hi, I recently upgraded my Windows 10 to Build 19041. Using NAS EX4100. I added my user "mazhar" in NAS, it is associated with folder "mazhar". User mazhar has full read\write access to folder mazhar. Now after windows upgrade i am able to access Public folder without any...
  5. Can't access NAS drives in Windows 10 Pro

Can't access NAS drives in Windows 10 Pro: This is a strange fault as it happened all of a sudden, I shut down the PC one night when everything was fine, then the following day after bootup I couldn't access the NAS drives although they do show in Windows File Explorer, I just get the error 0x80070035 The network path...
  6. Accessing files over Network NAS drive

Accessing files over Network NAS drive: I bought a new laptop on Feb 1. It had Windows 10 installed when I got it. I set everything up and installed my personal stuff and set the wifi adapter to "private" in the network and sharing options. Everything was fine. I had direct access to my WD MyCloud NAS storage...
  7. Nas drive

Nas drive: Cannot now access my WD live duo after update to 1809 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nas-drive/229f433c-49bb-4c92-9cdd-40da8b3be53b"
  8. Keep mapped NAS drive sleeping if not accessed

Keep mapped NAS drive sleeping if not accessed: Hi everyone, I have mapped my NAS drive into the Windows File Explorer. Everytime when - my PC is started or waked it up from sleep/hibernate mode, - the save dialog is opened (in the web browser to download some file for example), - and in many another cases I can hear spin...
  9. Problem accessing a NAS drive

Problem accessing a NAS drive: I have 2 NAS drives and 3 computers in my home network. The NAS drives and one PC are Ethernet-connected to a router/wireless access point; the other 2 PCs use wireless connections. All 3 PCs can access one NAS drive with no problem. The drives show up in the Network section...
  10. No Access to NAS Drive

No Access to NAS Drive: Hi Folk, I can see that this seems to be a common problem on here! I have a Lacie cloudbox NAS drive. On WIn7 pro it worked just fine. Windows say the drive in the network group and I could access it like a normal folder. After I did the Win10 upgrade and it initially...