Windows 10: Failure after AVG removal

Discus and support Failure after AVG removal in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I used the AVG removal tool and now my computer is stuck in safe mode. It asks for my administrator pass word which I do not have. Using the command... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BillCarter3, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Failure after AVG removal

I used the AVG removal tool and now my computer is stuck in safe mode. It asks for my administrator pass word which I do not have.

Using the command line I can see my C: drive.

Bill

:)

BillCarter3, Oct 10, 2018
  2. neilpzz Win User

AVG REMOVEABLE

Right click on Start and select Program and Features. Find AVG in the list of installed programs, select it and then select uninstall.

neilpzz, Oct 10, 2018
  3. Vesao Win User

Failure after AVG removal

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Oct 10, 2018
Thema:

Failure after AVG removal

1. Failure after AVG removal - Similar Threads - Failure AVG removal

2. Removing antivirus such as AVG

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing antivirus such as AVG: How do you remove AVG antivirusand stop their annoying pop-up ads? There was a tempting free trial offer to try AVG antivirus; only one of dozens on the market available to download. I was unsatisfied generally and now need to uninstall and remove it completely, mainly...
  3. AVG

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    AVG: I had AVG on my old computer with Windows 7, but had to buy a new computer with Windows 10. I want AVG for this computer too but cannot download it because I didn't get it from Microsoft store. AVG isn't a scam people, it's a good product and I want it on my new computer. Why...
  4. Problem Removing Virus in AVG

Problem Removing Virus in AVG: My AVG scan indicated a infected file. I have attempted to resolve the issue but is is not removing it. It suggests that I move it to the virus chest. What will I have to do to move it to the virus chest? [Original Title: virus]...
  5. help remove avg antivirus

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    help remove avg antivirus: I am trying to update latest windows update but am told to remove avg antivirus . cant find this anywhere in programs or files. any suggestions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-remove-avg-antivirus/14555811-bdb7-480e-b3c3-7a3026d5d305
  6. AVG

AVG: I want to completely remove all AVG apps from my Surface Pro but they won't uninstall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_other-protect_updating-windows_10/avg/7cdb8bff-154c-4303-a986-1ed15fe4b295
  7. Unable to remove AVG Antivirus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to remove AVG Antivirus: I have a problem with AVG antivirus; in fact I think avg is a terrible virus itself. It is in my computer and I can’t get it out. Can some help get rid of that * Moved from Community Participation Center * Original title: I have a problem with AVG antivirus; in fact I...
  8. AVG leftovers

AVG leftovers: Hello, Almost two months since I uninstalled this AVG antivirus using their special removal tool, then searched for leftover files and deleted them manually, did the same in the registry. Recently while using CCleaner, noticed there is still an AVG leftover in the installed...
  9. After uninstalling AVG, no internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After uninstalling AVG, no internet: Here's what happened to a friend's laptop (with windows 10 x64). He had Avg free installed and asked me to remove it and install something else. I uninstalled it restarted and lo and behold, no internet. Wifi was connected though, everything ok in device manager as well. I...
  10. Win10 Creator Fast Track in boot loop after AVG sotware removal

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Creator Fast Track in boot loop after AVG sotware removal: All was running well on latest Fall Creator with exception of an occasional mis-direct on internet sites with what appeared to be a virus. Ran deep scan on defender to no avail. Down-loaded AVG with the same results. Since it was of no value, decided to remove AVG using...