Windows 10: Failure attaching files

Discus and support Failure attaching files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am not able to attach files from my computer in an e-mail. When I click on the file icon in the email window and select the file, windows explorer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KeshaBaptiste-Roberts, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Failure attaching files

I am not able to attach files from my computer in an e-mail. When I click on the file icon in the email window and select the file, windows explorer just gets stuck. I've tried this within my gmail and my hotmail account. I also have the same problem when trying to upload a file from my computer to a google drive or to my learning management system. I am only having this problem with microsoft word and powerpoint files. I am able upload pdf files. I've tried cleariing browsing data, cleaning up cache

:)

KeshaBaptiste-Roberts, Apr 12, 2021

2. email attachments

Hello Allan,

To attach a document file on an email, you can follow the step given below:

For Windows 10 Mobile:

• Launch to File Explorer app.
    • Press and hold the file that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select Outlook Mail on the suggested applications.

For Windows Phone 8.1:

• Download and install
      Files
      app.
    • Launch Files app.
    • Tap and hold the document that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select the Mail app on the suggested applications.

Feel free to post back if you have other queries.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Apr 12, 2021
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Unable to attach documents to email error The following files couldn't be attached: IMG.pdf. Please try again later

Hi Mikalbe,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• How are you accessing mail e.g. Mail app or Outlook?
    • Is the issue with a particular format of attachments?
    I suggest you to try attaching a different format of file and check if you are able to attach file and send mail. Also install all pending Windows updates and check. If the issue still persists follow the steps below.

App Troubleshooter

I suggest you to run app troubleshooter for issues related to edge and check if it helps.

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Do let us know if you are able to attach files to email. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Apr 12, 2021
  4. GnasherKO Win User

Failure attaching files

BSOD (mostly Kernel_Security_Check Failure) Zipped files attached

Hey guys, haven't replied in a while, sorry was trying some steps a guy from the other forum suggested, here's the link if you want to check it out. BSOD zipped files Requesting Help! - Tech Support Forum . Still getting BSODs, uninstalled all the AMD Display Drivers, since I'm using Nvidia, uninstalled the Nvidia drivers except fro the Display ones and updated all the windows stuff, still nothing helped. I'm attaching the most recent log, it's a different log generating program, but I can't imagine that's an issue. Thanks.

GnasherKO, Apr 12, 2021
Thema:

Failure attaching files

1. Failure attaching files - Similar Threads - Failure attaching files

2. Driver Power State Failure BSOD Caused by ntoskrnl.exe attached DMP file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver Power State Failure BSOD Caused by ntoskrnl.exe attached DMP file: PC was suffering from constant restarts so I replaced the CPU -- which seemed to fix the issue. But I got another BSOD for Driver State Power Error, and when using Blue Screen Viewer it seems to be caused by ntoskrnl.exe. Attaching the .dmp file here -- grateful for any...
  3. Driver Power State Failure BSOD Caused by ntoskrnl.exe attached DMP file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver Power State Failure BSOD Caused by ntoskrnl.exe attached DMP file: PC was suffering from constant restarts so I replaced the CPU -- which seemed to fix the issue. But I got another BSOD for Driver State Power Error, and when using Blue Screen Viewer it seems to be caused by ntoskrnl.exe. Attaching the .dmp file here -- grateful for any...
  4. Attaching and inserting files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Attaching and inserting files: The app for attaching files and pictures to mail is not working in aol. I've used both Firefox and Edge. Using latest version of both browsers and latest update of Windows 10. After left clicking attach or insert files, the popup appears but just says "working on it"...
  5. BSOD hal.dll failure - mini dump attached

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD hal.dll failure - mini dump attached: Over the weekend I got a Valve Index and an AORUS 2080ti Gaming Box which I am hooking up to a Lenovo X1 Extreme Gen2 I was able to "run" the Index on the laptop for very short amounts of time, but needed something more powerful than a GTX1660 I then hooked up the AORUS...
  6. Attaching files

Attaching files: I cannot attach office files to emails. 1 It does not matter if it is outlook online or app, gmail or any other browser type. It does not matter which browser Edge, IE, Chrome, Firefox have all been tried. 2 I can attach other types of files such as pdf's and jpegs. 3...
  7. Attaching office files

Attaching office files: I cannot attach office files to emails. 1 It does not matter if it is outlook online or app, gmail or any other browser type. It does not matter which browser Edge, IE, Chrome, Firefox have all been tried. 2 I can attach other types of files such as pdf's and jpegs. 3...
  8. Attaching a file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Attaching a file: I have a problem with attaching files in an email and an online a/r system. I scan the paperwork, it works fine, is saved to a file, I can retrieve it, so I don't think its my scanner. But when I go to attach it to an email or in a program for online A/R system, it gives...
  9. attaching files to email

in Browsers and Email
    attaching files to email: I have lost the ability to right click on a photo and choose to send it to an email address. The process starts correctly but Outlook doesn't open a new email as it used to. I could do this previously, went on holiday, came back and could no longer do it. so I don't see that...
  10. BSOD (mostly Kernel_Security_Check Failure) Zipped files attached

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD (mostly Kernel_Security_Check Failure) Zipped files attached: Hi guys, so I posted this thread on a few other forums as well but so far no one has been able to help me out. After saving up for some time and suffering life on my terrible laptop I finally managed to get myself my own PC/Desktop. It's anew build so I ordered all the...