Windows 10: failure configuring windows updates, and reverts to win 8

Discus and support failure configuring windows updates, and reverts to win 8 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Cliff S I have been running win 8 for a longtime, and ran win 8.1 for months without any problems, then got a virus, and could not get rid of it, so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by acmanten, Jun 30, 2015.

1. acmanten Win User

failure configuring windows updates, and reverts to win 8

Cliff S
    I have been running win 8 for a longtime, and ran win 8.1 for months without any problems, then got a virus, and could not get rid of it, so went back to win 8. Now when I try to reload win 8.1 it says "failure configuring windows updates, and reverts to win 8. What can I do ? or is it possible to load win 10 with what I have now. ????

:)

acmanten, Jun 30, 2015
  2. Kapil Arya MVP, Jun 30, 2015
  3. Can I activate windows 10 with my windows 8 product key?

I have a Windows 8 (9200 build), lately i downloaded all the updates so that I could install 10, but I repeatedly got

"Failure configuring Windows updates. Reverting changes. Do not turn off your computer" so I am on the verge of following this article
    to fix it . But I am lately fed up of it and I just want to get win 10, so can I simply download and use my key there? will that work?

Vinay Banakar, Jun 30, 2015
Thema:

failure configuring windows updates, and reverts to win 8

1. failure configuring windows updates, and reverts to win 8 - Similar Threads - failure configuring updates

2. Windows 8 [build 9200] stuck on failure configuring Windows Updates and reverting changes...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 8 [build 9200] stuck on failure configuring Windows Updates and reverting changes...: Hi,I have recently installed Windows 8 Pro x64 on a desktop and it worked fine for about 2 weeks. In this 2 weeks, I have resisted installing Windows updates as am not interested in installing them. But today, I thought of updating, and so installed all the updates and...
  3. Windows 8 [build 9200] stuck on failure configuring Windows Updates and reverting changes...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 8 [build 9200] stuck on failure configuring Windows Updates and reverting changes...: Hi,I have recently installed Windows 8 Pro x64 on a desktop and it worked fine for about 2 weeks. In this 2 weeks, I have resisted installing Windows updates as am not interested in installing them. But today, I thought of updating, and so installed all the updates and...
  4. Failure configuring windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failure configuring windows update: I tried getting on my acer laptop this morning and it's been an hour and a half and my blue screen still says failure configuring windows updates reverting changes do not turn off computer. Tried a reboot with f8 and can't get into rebooting screen...
  5. Failure configuring windows update

Failure configuring windows update: I tried getting on my acer laptop this morning and it's been an hour and a half and my blue screen still says failure configuring windows updates reverting changes do not turn off computer. Tried a reboot with f8 and can't get into rebooting screen...
  6. Update from Win 8 to Win 8.1

Update from Win 8 to Win 8.1: I have downloaded Win 8.1 and in an attempt to install it on my system currently running on Win 8, it's taking more than 8 hours and it's still stuck at 0% complete.Therefore something is not right.I have a strong internet connection.Please someone help!...
  7. Update from Win 8 to Win 8.1

Update from Win 8 to Win 8.1: I have downloaded Win 8.1 from Microsoft site and on unzipping to install and upgrade my Win 8, it's taking like forever for the installation to progress past 0% complete.Please what do I do?...
  8. Windows 8 update failure to configure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 8 update failure to configure: I have windows 8 installed currently. The windows update keeps failing to complete and gets stuck in a loop of attempting to install, fails, undoes changes and tries agaiin. It does this a few times and will then allow access into windows without updating. I have tried to...
  9. Windows 8 update failure to configure

Windows 8 update failure to configure: I have windows 8 installed currently. The windows update keeps failing to complete and gets stuck in a loop of attempting to install, fails, undoes changes and tries agaiin. It does this a few times and will then allow access into windows without updating. I have tried to...
  10. Failure to update Windows Defender on Window 8

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Failure to update Windows Defender on Window 8: Using Window 8, cannot update windows defender, when click on update, got error message: 0x8007139f https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/failure-to-update-windows-defender-on-window-8/ebaab0f7-23cf-46a6-a6b2-c795d21546eb