Windows 10: failure got any other suggestions?

Discus and support failure got any other suggestions? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Spent most of yesterday downloading the recommended 10076 and installation on my Dell latitude D 510. Ok not only don't the sound and video drivers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jh45gun, May 21, 2015.

1. jh45gun Win User

failure got any other suggestions?

Spent most of yesterday downloading the recommended 10076 and installation on my Dell latitude D 510. Ok not only don't the sound and video drivers load (Same problem as old system 9926 ) This install did not load the browser so I can't even get online. Any suggestions? The finished version better work better than this.

:)

jh45gun, May 21, 2015
  2. cjritten Win User

Windows 10 Airplane mode keeps turning on

Well, I got through it. The DISM part of the process is not all that basic. I didn't get any reports of corrupt files or other issues. I did this about an hour ago, so not enough time has passed to proclaim success or failure.

cjritten, May 21, 2015
  3. Blue screen of death windows 10

I got a new cup a couple of weeks ago, and have been getting the bsod since. Most of the time it's kernel security check failure, but there is others too. I also got a new mouse

TylerQuinlan, May 21, 2015
  4. failure got any other suggestions?

Please follow this tutorial to provide the current operating environment of your machine.
    http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...tem-specs.html

Thanks, it might give members a clue.

You might also try going to Control Panel -> sound and right click an open area on Playback
    Select both options and post what you see.

failure got any other suggestions? [​IMG]

I'll see what your machine support site offers for drivers, I might come back and ask you to post the reference to the site if I can't determine that I have the correct page.

Slartybart, May 21, 2015
  5. jh45gun Win User
    How can I download it if I cannot open a browser. There is no drivers for audio and Vidio. Has nothing to do with speakers or volume.

jh45gun, May 21, 2015
  6. jh45gun Win User
    Got a medical appointment and test in the morning will check in later

jh45gun, May 21, 2015
  7. jh45gun Win User
    Will check this out this afternoon. Like I said don't know how to download Speccey if I don't have a browser showing.

jh45gun, May 21, 2015
  8. Charlie Win User

jgun
    In the latest builds will have the IE in all programs did you look there for it?

Charlie, May 21, 2015
  9. jh45gun Win User
    Ok thanks. Will check it out when I get home.

jh45gun, May 21, 2015
  10. jh45gun Win User
    It said I had no programs listed.

jh45gun, May 21, 2015
  11. jh45gun Win User
    Playback said no audio drivers listed. . . No Video either. I am resetting the system to see what that does.

jh45gun, May 21, 2015
  12. Sorry 'bout that.

Some people have another machine or a friend where they can download utilities.

Try this then
    Winkey+R
    msinfo32
    file menu > save
    give it a filename and
    you can close System Information after the save

select the .nfo file you just created and right click
    send to Compressed folder

the attach the zip file to a new post.

Yeah, the issue is really old equipment.

Sigmatel driver has been an issue for a few years.
    Sigmatel has been acquired and the audio piece was sold off to IDT (I think)

I tracked this issue a long time ago - not sure if it was ever resolved.

The std has been replaced by Intel HDA

There are some members who are really good with Audio - again I'm not certain even they can help with such antiquated drivers.

Please post a screen shot of the devices showing errors (the general tab and the details tab - select Hardware Ids from the dropdown before grabbing the details tab )

One trick ... if the device is erred in devmgr is to update the drive form there. But if the device is not present ... scratches head.

Slartybart, May 21, 2015
  13. jh45gun Win User

It won't update from there.

jh45gun, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. failure got any other suggestions? - Similar Threads - failure got suggestions

2. Any suggestions?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any suggestions?: Can't accept the agreement when trying to download vscode. The I accept button doesn't seem to work. I've tried several times to re-run it and always the same result. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/any-suggestions/026bf5e4-9c33-436c-a812-931dd041c1a0
  3. Any suggestions?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any suggestions?: Can't accept the agreement when trying to download vscode. The I accept button doesn't seem to work. I've tried several times to re-run it and always the same result. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/any-suggestions/026bf5e4-9c33-436c-a812-931dd041c1a0
  4. IS THERE ANY WAY TO OPEN A WORD PAD FILE IN NOTEPAD? any other suggestions for my life...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IS THERE ANY WAY TO OPEN A WORD PAD FILE IN NOTEPAD? any other suggestions for my life...: Hello, I don't know where to begin. Life threw me a curve ball. I do not know if anyone will understand. I have been using a Dell Inspiron 620 with Windows 7 home premium since 2012. I notice some trouble recently coming out of sleep mode, so I just turned sleep mode off....
  5. IS THERE ANY WAY TO OPEN A WORD PAD FILE IN NOTEPAD? any other suggestions for my life...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IS THERE ANY WAY TO OPEN A WORD PAD FILE IN NOTEPAD? any other suggestions for my life...: Hello, I don't know where to begin. Life threw me a curve ball. I do not know if anyone will understand. I have been using a Dell Inspiron 620 with Windows 7 home premium since 2012. I notice some trouble recently coming out of sleep mode, so I just turned sleep mode off....
  6. IS THERE ANY WAY TO OPEN A WORD PAD FILE IN NOTEPAD? any other suggestions for my life...

7. Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization - Any Other Suggestions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization - Any Other Suggestions: I have a PC I just bought. It's running Windows 10 Pro 64. Itis mine, not a company computer. I amretired. I went to SIMPLY turn on theadvanced clipboard functionality and apparently this is some new jointNSA/NASA/US Military grade function, because when I get there, I get...
  8. LiveKernelEvent141, any suggestions?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    LiveKernelEvent141, any suggestions?: Any advice really would be appreciated. Windows Reliability Monitor: https://imgur.com/a/CtVOd44 Back in September I built a PC, the specs are as follows: i7 8700K RTX 2080ti with a Phanteks Riser Cable Toshiba 1TB m.2 SSD Western Digital 1TB m.2 SSD added recently...
  9. any suggestion for .pdf

any suggestion for .pdf: Not only .pdf file can show next message: File is corrupt or damaged. I used Adobe Acrobat 8.0 during many years. But I have seen such error first time. I should like to find pdf fixer. 81458
  10. HDD failure (again) ... any suggestions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD failure (again) ... any suggestions: I have a 1TB WD Caviar Black. Died it seems, under warranty - but WD will only swap the unit no Data recovery. PC failure to boot up .... (OS is not on this drive) removed this HDD and PC would boot up. Any attempts to put it back in another PC .. crashes that PC as well....