Windows 10: Failure launch MediaCreationTool1909

Discus and support Failure launch MediaCreationTool1909 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Short story: 1. Programs and devices started to fail. Tablet, Device Manager from search, Discord, Onedrive issues, Microsoft Store fails to launch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JamesBurke_222, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Failure launch MediaCreationTool1909

Short story:
    1. Programs and devices started to fail. Tablet, Device Manager from search, Discord, Onedrive issues, Microsoft Store fails to launch as well.

2. Did a windows update, now have 1909 build 18363.693

2. Got "class not registered" message when trying to reinstall.
    3. Educated myself a bit on this error message and tried:
    A. Launched Component Services and opened DCOM Config no messages, just opened the folder.
    B. Ran SRC /scannow it found errors and was unable to fix some of them.
    C. Ran the DISM ...Scanhealth . It said component store was fixable.
    D. Ran the DISM...Restorehealth> It said operation completed successfully.

Rebooted.
    Still have same issues.

E. Few days later, I just randomly started Component Services and tried the DCOM thing again, this time I got some messages to rewrite.

Rebooted.
    Still have same issues.

F. I figure my best bet at this point is to refresh my install of Windows. So I looked up how to do it. I download the MediaCreationTool.exe file and it too won't launch. I tried on another computer and it will launch.

I'm at my wits end. I'm tried of looking up this stuff and want some help. My thinking now is to make the ISO stick on my wife's computer and using it on my sickly computer to do fresh install. saving data and programs

Questions:
    1. Is there anything else I can other than what I've done above to solve this issue?
    2. I have my original stick with Windows 10 on it, can't I just use that to do an install? keeping in mind I want to save programs and data

:)

JamesBurke_222, Mar 3, 2020

2. Windows 10 reset failures. Computer won't boot now and getting frustrated.

Hi Alfred,

To help you with your concern regarding the reset failure, let me suggest you to do a startup repair. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key
    • Hold Shift key then click Restart
    • You'll be prompted to the Advance Startup Options
    • Select Troubleshoot
    • Advanced options
    • Startup repair

Please let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Mar 3, 2020
  3. Get Started app wont launch

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

To assist you better, I would like to ask what is the error message you get when the app is launched.

Suggest you to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 3, 2020
  4. Failure launch MediaCreationTool1909

Settings won't launch

Hello Jen,

If you're having issue launching Settings from Start menu, we highly suggest performing the troubleshooting steps posted by Rohit Siddegowda in this
    thread. Lots of Community user found his suggestions helpful.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

Failure launch MediaCreationTool1909

1. Failure launch MediaCreationTool1909 - Similar Threads - Failure launch MediaCreationTool1909

2. BSOD and failure to launch games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD and failure to launch games: Hi All, I currently experience the BSOD. It occurs at totally random times, at least once a day. Sometimes while I am busy working on documents, other times while it is idle. The only other defect that I have is when I launch any game, the game freezes 15-20 seconds after it...
  3. BSOD and failure to launch games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD and failure to launch games: Hi All, I currently experience the BSOD. It occurs at totally random times, at least once a day. Sometimes while I am busy working on documents, other times while it is idle. The only other defect that I have is when I launch any game, the game freezes 15-20 seconds after it...
  4. Scheduled Task Launch Failure - 2147944309

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scheduled Task Launch Failure - 2147944309: Hi, There is a scheduled task that executes a script. It was running fine until one day it started to fail with 'Task Scheduler failed to start "Task" task for user "domain account". Additional Data: Error Value: 2147944309.' It failed on a Friday, ran on a Saturday, then...
  5. Scheduled Task Launch Failure - 2147944309

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scheduled Task Launch Failure - 2147944309: Hi, There is a scheduled task that executes a script. It was running fine until one day it started to fail with 'Task Scheduler failed to start "Task" task for user "domain account". Additional Data: Error Value: 2147944309.' It failed on a Friday, ran on a Saturday, then...
  6. Launching failure

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Launching failure: Recently, when i turn my computer on.... A bleu screen with text below apear : you need to sign as an administrator to continue but therr aren't any administrator accounts on this pc And i find only the restart icon....so i can't even turn it on Help plz?? [IMG][IMG]...
  7. z brush failure to launch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    z brush failure to launch: I installed z brush and tried to run it but received this message...... how do i fix this problem? as i need this software for class The application has failed to start because its side by side is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line...
  8. Win 7 trying to update to Win 10 failed using the MediaCreationTool1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 7 trying to update to Win 10 failed using the MediaCreationTool1909: Windows edition: Win 7 Pro, Service pack 1 Tried updating to win 10 using media creation tool but failed with this error: We couldn't install Windows 10 0x8007001F 0x20006 The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during REPLICATE_OC operation Please...
  9. Failure to launch old game on W10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failure to launch old game on W10: I recently bought a game I enjoyed playing many moons ago: Football Manager 2007. After installing it, I was unable to launch it. First, it said I needed to log in with administrator privileges and try again - which was weird because I was already working as an admin. After...
  10. Update Failure to Launch

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update Failure to Launch: HP Stream Laptop. Update failed and now all I can get is "Restoring your previous version of Windows...". It's been running like that for 14 hours now. I've tried the F8 boot interrupt with no success. She (the owner) used a usb stick to update but I have no idea what else...