Windows 10: failure of windows features to open or stay open.

Discus and support failure of windows features to open or stay open. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; None of my Windows apps stay open. If I double click an image, windows media opens it, then closes it in a few seconds. Same with Windows browser. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ThomasScanlan, Jan 15, 2020.

1. failure of windows features to open or stay open.

None of my Windows apps stay open. If I double click an image, windows media opens it, then closes it in a few seconds. Same with Windows browser. My computer wont display notifications. The power options do not stay open. What's going on? I've turned off computer, turned it back on, no change. Windows opens but the Windows apps withing it don't function, may not even open.

:)

ThomasScanlan, Jan 15, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 15, 2020
  3. Am_I_Evil Win User
    ATI Winflash Not opening

I cannot get ATI Winflash to open for me at all. I've got the newest version and trying in Windows 10 nothing opens (no errors, no nothing...just nothing opens). Following the steps in the thread at the top of this forum and making the USB bootdrive and trying in DOS it says adapter not found so i still cannot do anything. Anyone have any ideas? I would really like to flash my card (XFX RX 570).

Am_I_Evil, Jan 15, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

failure of windows features to open or stay open.

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. failure of windows features to open or stay open. :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

failure of windows features to open or stay open.

1. failure of windows features to open or stay open. - Similar Threads - failure features open

2. System tab in Settings will not open or stay open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System tab in Settings will not open or stay open.: Hello,I am running Windows 10 and I cannot open the System tab in the Settings menu. I've tried running a sfc/ scannow command in the command prompt, but my computer is also not recognizing me as the Administrator. I don't know how to move forward....
  3. System tab in Settings will not open or stay open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System tab in Settings will not open or stay open.: Hello,I am running Windows 10 and I cannot open the System tab in the Settings menu. I've tried running a sfc/ scannow command in the command prompt, but my computer is also not recognizing me as the Administrator. I don't know how to move forward....
  4. System tab in Settings will not open or stay open.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Photos not staying open

Photos not staying open: I cannot get my photos to remain open in windows 10. This has only just started. I click to open and after few seconds it reverts back.This applies to all photos be it on hard drive, onedrive or dropboxI did a windows upgrade yesterday. Could this have something to do with...
  6. Photos not staying open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Photos not staying open: I cannot get my photos to remain open in windows 10. This has only just started. I click to open and after few seconds it reverts back.This applies to all photos be it on hard drive, onedrive or dropboxI did a windows upgrade yesterday. Could this have something to do with...
  7. "Settings" window won't stay open

in Windows 10 Support
    "Settings" window won't stay open: The "Settings" window will only stay open for a few seconds - then closes before I can access anything. Help? 161542
  8. when i open a window from the taskbar it will not stay open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    when i open a window from the taskbar it will not stay open: when i open a window from the taskbar it will not stay open it goes away and I have to click on it again to keep it open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-open-a-window-from-the-taskbar-it-will-not/74b05e90-be27-4720-acef-6ab7620ee650"
  9. website stay open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    website stay open: why do my websites return after i turn my computer off and on thought, they close automatically THANK YOU TIMMY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/website-stay-open/384715ac-ae77-4ecc-b892-61c8607853e7
  10. Facebook App Will not Stay Open

Facebook App Will not Stay Open: On wife's laptop, Win 10 Home, Facebook App worked for her until today. Now the app opens for 5sec then closes. She is still on 10240build. Uninstall/reinstall no fix. Went to store tried updates there no updates. Rebooted computer after reinstall no fix. New laptop less than...