Windows 10: Failure to access browser

Discus and support Failure to access browser in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Recently I have been having problems with one of the games on Facebook I sent message to the game and as usual got an automated reply, followed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JenniferGibson5, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Failure to access browser

Recently I have been having problems with one of the games on Facebook I sent message to the game and as usual got an automated reply, followed instructions as to what steps to take. This did not resolve the problems ie my suspects in the game had grown to gigantic size making it a problem to identify the murderer.

Explored other options with no luck so a last chance and I used system restore !!!!!! logged back in to use my normal browser Opera, because all my websites are clear on speed dial and found it would not open neither would Chrome.

So went to settings to uninstall to reinstall and found I could not do that either! Eventually managed to do so with Chrome and carried one but am finding it difficult to use as I have to keep shutting it down and reopening I am a pensioner and this is the extent of my Knowledge can anyone help please.

Also what Adblocker would you recommend for Chrome the ads slow down some of my sites like trying to get water from a stone.

Thanking you in advance but not too technical please

:)

JenniferGibson5, Jan 12, 2020
  2. John Vil Win User

Failure to access Web browser (I am using Edge)

Hi,

For us to isolate what's causing this issue and provide you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, we would like to ask a few information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• what version of Windows are you using? To check, type winver on
      Cortana's search field and press Enter.
    • Are you able to access websites using different browsers?
    • Are you having issues launching any other programs besides Edge?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?

We're looking forward for your response.

John Vil, Jan 12, 2020
  3. trying to access a work site and password not accepted, optum doesn't know how to correct, log in failure

Hello Taffy,

Provide us additional information to understand this issue and assist you better:

• What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Which browser are you using to access the work website on your device?
    • Have you tried to access it on different web browsers?

If you are using Internet Explorer try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to add the website under trusted sites in Internet Explorer and check if it helps.

Follow:

• Open Internet Explorer
    • Click Tools/ Settings at the right top corner of the window.
    • Click Internet Options
    • Click the Security tab
    • Click Trusted sites
    • Click Sites
    • Click on Add this website to the zone to add the site.

Step 2: If the issue still persists, I suggest you to access the website in
    InPrivate mode and check.

InPrivate Browsing enables you to surf the web without leaving a trail in Internet Explorer. This helps prevent anyone else who might be using your computer from seeing what sites you visited and what you looked at on the web. You can start InPrivate
    Browsing from the New Tab page or the Safety button.

Steps to open the browser in InPrivate mode:

Open Internet Explorer, press Shift+Ctrl+P
    to open the browser in InPrivate mode and try to access the website.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 12, 2020
  4. Failure to access browser

Browsers won't access google

Hello,

To troubleshoot you concern, we suggest that you disable your browser's proxy settings. You may refer to the steps below:

Microsoft Edge

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click Menu (...).
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on View Advanced Settings.
    • Open Proxy Settings.
    • Turn off Use a proxy server.

Internet Explorer

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Click on Internet Options.
    • Click on Connections.
    • Go to LAN Settings.
    • All check boxes should be unchecked.

Update us on the result.

Thank you.

Stephanie Sal, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

Failure to access browser

1. Failure to access browser - Similar Threads - Failure access browser

2. failure to access web sites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    failure to access web sites: My Toshiba laptop refuses to access certain but not all sites. It does not matter which browser I use. My OS is Win 10. As an example: For Amazon and Ebay, the message is " Cannot find site." Yet, it does access e.g. Apple and some other sites without difficulty. I checked...
  3. failure to access web sites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    failure to access web sites: My Toshiba laptop refuses to access certain but not all sites. It does not matter which browser I use. My OS is Win 10. As an example: For Amazon and Ebay, the message is " Cannot find site." Yet, it does access e.g. Apple and some other sites without difficulty. I checked...
  4. WinUsb_Initialize Failure : Access Denied

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WinUsb_Initialize Failure : Access Denied: Enumerating USB devices with SetupDiGetClassDevs, SetupDiEnumDeviceInterfaces, SetupDiGetDeviceInterfaceDetail.Perform successful CreateFile on DevicePath:HANDLE hUSB = CreateFilelpDevIntfDetailData->DevicePath, 0, FILE_SHARE_READ FILE_SHARE_WRITE, 0, OPEN_EXISTING,...
  5. WinUsb_Initialize Failure : Access Denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WinUsb_Initialize Failure : Access Denied: Enumerating USB devices with SetupDiGetClassDevs, SetupDiEnumDeviceInterfaces, SetupDiGetDeviceInterfaceDetail.Perform successful CreateFile on DevicePath:HANDLE hUSB = CreateFilelpDevIntfDetailData->DevicePath, 0, FILE_SHARE_READ FILE_SHARE_WRITE, 0, OPEN_EXISTING,...
  6. WinUsb_Initialize Failure : Access Denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Controlled Folder Access for browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Controlled Folder Access for browser: Hi I have been using CFA for some time now but have run into a problem saving email attachments to My Documents folders. I access my gmail account on the web using the Brave browser and have noticed that I can only download attached files to my Desktop folder. This seems to...
  8. remote access failure

remote access failure: I have been using a remote access software, typically RemotePC, to access my father's computer to help him with bookwork. For the last month, I can't make a connection. Thinking it was a problem with remotepc, I downloaded Splashtop, but that does not work either. Both are...
  9. Onedrive not accessible with web browser

Onedrive not accessible with web browser: when I try to log in to onedrive I get the following message using Chrome This site can’t provide a secure connection onedrive.live.com uses an unsupported protocol. ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH and this message useing edge Cannot securely connect to this page...
  10. Failure accessing NAS drive

Failure accessing NAS drive: Hello! I wasn't really sure what section to put this in since it could be security and/or network. The problem is I can see my NAS in file explorer and I can ping it fine and I can even access it via FTP but if I try to access it I get the following dialog box. [img]...