Windows 10: Failure to Activate Windows 10 Pro after buying the upgrade from Windows 10 Home from...

Discus and support Failure to Activate Windows 10 Pro after buying the upgrade from Windows 10 Home from... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro, purchased from Microsoft Store, wants me to Activate it after the upgrade from Windows 10 Home . The upgrade did not give me a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by KennethRobbins2, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Failure to Activate Windows 10 Pro after buying the upgrade from Windows 10 Home from...

Windows 10 Pro, purchased from Microsoft Store, wants me to Activate it after the upgrade from Windows 10 Home . The upgrade did not give me a new Product Key for Windows 10 Pro. Emailed receipt from Windows Store for Windows 10 Pro purchase did not include new Product Key. The only Product Key I have is Original Product Key for pre-installed Windows 10 Home. Put Original Product Key in activate Windows box. Box then stated invalid Product Key. Microsoft Store states the purchase was Windows 10 Pro but My PC states it is Windows 10 Enterprise. How do I activate the new Windows 10?

:)

KennethRobbins2, Jul 30, 2019
  2. Laurijan Win User

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

I bought Windows 7 Pro OEM key from G2Play.net for 12€ to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro - worked like a charm but be advised if you buy a OEM key you can not download the Win 7 iso from microsoft and have to get it elsewhere.

Laurijan, Jul 30, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Jul 30, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

Failure to Activate Windows 10 Pro after buying the upgrade from Windows 10 Home from...

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 30, 2019
Thema:

Failure to Activate Windows 10 Pro after buying the upgrade from Windows 10 Home from...

1. Failure to Activate Windows 10 Pro after buying the upgrade from Windows 10 Home from... - Similar Threads - Failure Activate Pro

2. Activation Failure after upgrade from Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation Failure after upgrade from Home to Pro: Complex situation:A corporate PC is on its 3rd userIt was originally an OEM machine running Windows 10 HomeIt looks like it was originally set up with a Microsoft account say *** Email address is removed for privacy *** on its 3rd user the same account is still used to sign...
  3. Windows 10 Upgrade from Home to Pro and Activation

Windows 10 Upgrade from Home to Pro and Activation: Hi, If I upgrade my Windows 10 license from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro will Windows 10 Pro be the version that is activated on machines that I install from then on, like Windows 10 Home is now, or will it only be valid for one machine Windows 10 Pro and the rest will...
  4. Unable to Activate Windows 10 Home After Buying From Microsoft.com

Unable to Activate Windows 10 Home After Buying From Microsoft.com: Hello, I bought Windows 10 Home directly from microsoft.com on December 17, 2020, and got a confirmation email. I have a Microsoft account and I bought it with my account. It's showing on my Order History that the purchase was completed. However, I have not received a...
  5. Windows is not activated after upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

Windows is not activated after upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro: I originally purchased a PC with Windows 10 Home on it. I decided to upgrade it. I purchased an official Windows 10 Pro Product Key/License and applied the new key and then restarted. I went to the Settings menu and Windows recognised the key as Windows 10 Pro, however...
  6. Can't activate Windows 10 after upgrade from Home to Pro

Can't activate Windows 10 after upgrade from Home to Pro: I have been using Windows 10 Home Single Language. It was pre-installed on my laptop. Then I upgraded to build 19041.1 from Slow ring. After that I purchased an upgrade to Windows 10 Pro through Microsoft Store. Now the systems tells that it is "Windows 10 Enterprise"...
  7. Activation for Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Home

Activation for Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Home: Hi, I bought an 1 yr old HP laptop from a friend, restored factory settings, and trying to set up. I purchased upgrade from Microsoft for Windows 10 Pro from Home and it won't activate. Receipt contains no product key. When I try to active with Microsoft account, message...
  8. Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro will not activate

Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro will not activate: I purchased the Windows 10 Pro upgrade yesterday through the Microsoft Store and installed. I am now getting an activation error: Windows reported that no product key was found on your defice. Error code: OxC004F213. This error seems to be associated with a hardware...
  9. Can't activate after upgrading from 10 Home to Pro

Can't activate after upgrading from 10 Home to Pro: I have just bought a new Asus VivoBook laptop with Windows 10 Home. I followed the upgrade path and ordered and paid for an upgrade to Pro, but I now get 0x803F7001 error and it won't activate. It also says that I am now on Windows 10 Enterprise. I am in the UK. What can...
  10. Windows 10 no longer activates after upgrade from home to pro

Windows 10 no longer activates after upgrade from home to pro: Hi, I am writing in hope that somebody from Microsoft is able to help me with this. I have tried the regular support channels, and my experience has unfortunately been as bad as it gets. So the problem is that I upgraded my ~2 years old hp spectre laptop from Windows 10...