Windows 10: Failure to enumerate objects in the container Access denied

Discus and support Failure to enumerate objects in the container Access denied in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a win10 pro domain computer and some files (among several hundred thousand) on an external usb drive and on a file server give me the above... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Satchmo35, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Satchmo35 Win User

Failure to enumerate objects in the container Access denied

I have a win10 pro domain computer and some files (among several hundred thousand) on an external usb drive and on a file server give me the above message when I try to change the ntfs perms.

I've followed directions from previous posts i.e. changing owner, also removed the 'block' from some as they came from different computers and still get the "Failure to enumerate objects in the container Access denied"

Any other ideas?

tia

Ross

:)

Satchmo35, Aug 18, 2019

2. failed to enumerate objects in container, access is denied

I've gone through the steps that are supposed to allow me to delete a folder but when I get to this step:

Failure to enumerate objects in the container Access denied [​IMG]

The box at the top does not appear on my screen just the one at the bottom. Clicking the bottom box and continuing does not give me the permission I need to delete the folder. What else can I try? Thanks.

larrydonline, Aug 18, 2019
  3. SteveO41 Win User

I've recently upgraded my Windows XP to Windows 10. I saved many files on an external hardrive. Windows 10 works great but when I try to access folders on the external hardrive it gives me a (you don't currently have permission to access this folder) message.

I've followed directions from previous posts i.e. security tab , security settings, change owner blah blah... clicked on the replace owner on subcontainers... and replace all child like objects...

and still get the "Failure to enumerate objects in the container Access denied"

is there another solution to this problem?

Thanks. I appreciate all input.

SteveO41, Aug 18, 2019
  4. mcpolamb Win User

Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access denied. Permissions Issue with Windows 10

When I get to step 3 is when the "Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access denied" message and can not go on from there. Help!

mcpolamb, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Failure to enumerate objects in the container Access denied - Similar Threads - Failure enumerate objects

2. Access denied.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access denied.: I get this message when I attempt to connect to certain websites: Access Denied You don't have permission to access the requested URL on this server. I am the only user on the computer. I did recently install UltraVPN. Is that the problem and what can I do about it...
  3. "Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied." However, I am the owner...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied." However, I am the owner...: I have an external hard drive, F:\. The folders on this drive were originally created on a different PC a long time ago. I am trying to change the owner of all folders (and subfolders) to be my new account. I go to F:\ > Properties > Security > Advanced. I've changed the...
  4. Access is denied

in Windows 10 Customization
    Access is denied: Hi. I am an administrator of Windows 10 Enterprise version 1607. When I tried to execute msu file from command prompt that run as an administrator, it said "Access is denied". However when I tried to do the same thing to the same file with PowerShell, I can execute it with...
  5. failed to enumerate objects in container, access is denied

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    failed to enumerate objects in container, access is denied: I've gone through the steps that are supposed to allow me to delete a folder but when I get to this step: [img] The box at the top does not appear on my screen just the one at the bottom. Clicking the bottom box and continuing does not give me the permission I need to...
  6. denied access

in Windows 10 Customization
    denied access: I'm trying to open a folder on my personal pc and getting a denied access error saying you will have to go to the security tab to gain access. The folder is on my D: drive and is named WindowsApps. I'm running Win 10. I am the only one using this pc. How do I gain access?...
  7. Access denied

Access denied: How do I let Windows 10 know that when it comes to this computer, I am the owner, the administrator, the decision maker and the boss; and that I don't need anyone's permission to do what I want as long as the system is able to do it and it is legal. 37661
  8. Access is denied

Access is denied: I'm trying to free on space on Drive C: and cannot get into "Documents and Settings" or see what space it's using. Just "not accessible Access is Denied". It looks like it's a shortcut, not a folder. Guess it's a Win 10 thing ? Can I get around this anyhow ?...
  9. Access denied

in Windows 10 Support
    Access denied: As a windows 10 administrator (the only one) I keep getting access denied when I try to open the application data folder. My Win 10 was an upgrade from win 7. This is as frustrating as h--l! Can anyone sort it for me. Make sure you describe whatever I have to do in...
  10. Access is denied

in Windows 10 Support
    Access is denied: [img] Hi when I go to This pc-Local Disc c-Users-admin there are a lot of short cuts that bring up an error message [img] can these be deleted or can someone explain what they are. Cheers............ 27263

Users found this page by searching for:

1. failure to enumerate objects in container