Windows 10: Failure to install windows 10 from a USB recovery drive

Discus and support Failure to install windows 10 from a USB recovery drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Last week i began experiencing persistent blue screens on my PC. After a day or so of this it finally died and brought me to the recovery screen for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NathanLang1, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Failure to install windows 10 from a USB recovery drive

Last week i began experiencing persistent blue screens on my PC. After a day or so of this it finally died and brought me to the recovery screen for Windows. When I try to do automatic repairs it says there was a problem and my PC has to be restarted. I installed a fresh recovery of windows, everything was fine.

The next night however, my computer crashed and brought me back to the recovery screen. Again, i made a new recovery USB and did a clean install of windows. The next day it crashed again leaving me the blue recovery screen. I have unplugged every drive that was in the computer and put a totally separate and clean drive in; as well as took out my graphics card and half of my ram.

Now when trying to use my recovery drive it takes 3 hours of it “installing” just to tell: “There was a problem reseting your PC, no changes were made”. At this point i have no idea what the problem is, i have gone for hours browsing forums and threads trying to find answers but nothing has come up so far. If you can help I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

-Nathan Lang

:)

NathanLang1, Dec 13, 2019
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Dec 13, 2019
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Dec 13, 2019
  4. Failure to install windows 10 from a USB recovery drive

Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Dec 13, 2019
Thema:

Failure to install windows 10 from a USB recovery drive

1. Failure to install windows 10 from a USB recovery drive - Similar Threads - Failure install USB

2. Recovery drive from USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery drive from USB: Hi, Running Win 11 and want to start using some backup for emergencies.For recover drive, the method below is easy to follow, UNTIL item 3 as it comes with a warning before "NEXT" which warns that all files will be erased. If my USB fails, and I do not get the transfer, does...
  3. Recovery drive from USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery drive from USB: Hi, Running Win 11 and want to start using some backup for emergencies.For recover drive, the method below is easy to follow, UNTIL item 3 as it comes with a warning before "NEXT" which warns that all files will be erased. If my USB fails, and I do not get the transfer, does...
  4. Fill RECOVERY D: drive from recovery USB drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fill RECOVERY D: drive from recovery USB drive?: I successfully created a USB recovery drive F: but I accidentally deleted the RECOVERY D drive that now is empty. Is it possible to fill back it from the USB external drive F: I created? How? Thanks. [ATTACH]...
  5. windows 10 recovery usb drive

windows 10 recovery usb drive: I have a dell 5290 2in 1 laptop, it showed a error message of 0xc000000f * I Downloaded windows 10 from a different computer to a USB stick * i then put the usb into the dell computer it went into recovery mode for about 20 minutes then said there was a probelm and no...
  6. Windows Installation Failure from USB

Windows Installation Failure from USB: So I'm at my wits end with this. I've been trying to install Windows 10 on an old tower of mine that sat kinda dormant for a year. It's not too old, but I'm completely baffled as to why it just refuses Windows 10. Okay so, I've tried 4 different USB sticks: 2x 32GB sticks...
  7. Recovery Drive Failure

Recovery Drive Failure: I have been trying for months to get Windows Recovery drive to work in a test. First of all, I cannot create a USB recovery drive with "include system files" checked. Secondly, the drive created without system files does not work. When I mount the USB Recovery Drive, the...
  8. Windows 10 not installing from USB drive

Windows 10 not installing from USB drive: I am trying to dual boot Windows 10 Pro and Pop!_OS 20.04 on the same drive with separate partitions. I have gotten as far as to flash the Windows .iso image onto my USB drive but when I choose to boot from the USB I get a blank screen with just a single blinking underline....
  9. Windows 10 won't install from newly created USB recovery drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 won't install from newly created USB recovery drive: Hello there. I chose to give my PC a complete reset, erasing everything on both my SSDs. But first I created a recovery drive with an USB stick. Problem is, after it has completely erased everything it won't install from the USB stick. This is what happens: 1. Put in USB...
  10. Windows 10 from USB to SSD Installation Failure

Windows 10 from USB to SSD Installation Failure: I just finished building my new pc and am trying to install windows 10 onto the SSD. this is not me upgrading the pc's OS, but just installing one for the first time. I have Windows 10 on a USB drive and whenever I go through the installation process I get an error message...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 recovery drive usb creation failure

2. recovery usb drive crash at 10% to install windows