Windows 10: Failure to install Windows 10 on a new SSD

Discus and support Failure to install Windows 10 on a new SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have problem installing Windows 10 on a new SSD. I formatted the drive with GPT partition style, created necesary partitions as described by technet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by zebal, Sep 12, 2019.

1. zebal Win User

Failure to install Windows 10 on a new SSD

I have problem installing Windows 10 on a new SSD.

I formatted the drive with GPT partition style, created necesary partitions as described by technet site:
    MSR, System, Windows partition and Recovery tools partition.

Now the error message when attempting to install to Windows partition on SSD is "we couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one".

I followed several advices found on google, such as disabling secure boot, enabling UEFI+Legacy mode (CSM)
    setting up boot priorities, swithcing flash disk to USB 2.0 port etc.
    currently SSD can only be set as non UEFI boot disk in BIOS, probably because there is no system installed on it yet. I don't know.

I'm installing Windows 10 x64 1903 from USB flash drive, I tried to boot from USB in both UEFI and legacy mode, no difference.

How should i proceed?

Current BIOS settings:
    Boot mode: UEFI + Legacy
    Windows 10 WHQL Support: Disabled (needed to enable CSM)
    Secure boot: Disabled
    All PC components recognized by BIOS, Except SSD available only in legacy mode, but not UEFI

my system:
    Mobo: MSI H310M PRO-VDH (ms-7b29)
    Storage: 480GB SSD + 1TB HDD (Active Windows Boot is on 1TB HDD in UEFI mode/ GPT)
    1x16GB Memory CL17 @24000 Mhz Single channel
    CPU Intel 3.6 Ghz 4 cores i3 -8100
    GPU NVIDIA GT-1030 SDDR4

:)

zebal, Sep 12, 2019
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Sep 12, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 12, 2019
  4. r.h.p Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Failure to install Windows 10 on a new SSD - Similar Threads - Failure install SSD

2. Installing Windows 10 on new SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing Windows 10 on new SSD: hello, i am adding a new ssd to my commputer. currently windows 10 is running on my hdd. oem license. can the same oem license support both windows on ssd and hdd?i might wipe down the hdd or remove it down the road.. since windows is in hdd first, does it mean the boot...
  3. Installing Windows 10 on new SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 10 on new SSD: hello, i am adding a new ssd to my commputer. currently windows 10 is running on my hdd. oem license. can the same oem license support both windows on ssd and hdd?i might wipe down the hdd or remove it down the road.. since windows is in hdd first, does it mean the boot...
  4. New SSD installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New SSD installing Windows 10: Hi all, I have just ordered a new SSD, I intend to replace that and reinstall windows 10, but I don't have an activation key.I think that if I install windows and sign into windows it will automatically reactivate, is this true?First I need to download the media creation tool...
  5. Windows 10 Installation on new SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Installation on new SSD: My old HDD died and have lost everything on it recently and have decided to go with a SSD. I've Read that they don't come formatted. My question is will my W10 usb format the new drive during the install of w10 or do I have to pay someone to format the drive first for me...
  6. Installing Windows 10 on a new SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Windows 10 on a new SSD: So I have my laptop for around 2.5 years, it has a standard 1td HDD. I want to replace it with a SSD. However I have no idea how to install win10 on the SSD since my laptop doesn't have a disc drive. Is there any other way I can install windows 10? submitted by...
  7. Installing windows 10 on new SSD

Installing windows 10 on new SSD: my previous HDD failed after 7+ years of use and I am doing a fresh install of windows 10 through a bootbleable USB created from the downloadable ISO image. would i have to purchase a activation key once again? or would my microsoft account still have the digital license from...
  8. Installing Windows 10 on new SSD

Installing Windows 10 on new SSD: Hello. I have a desktop PC with a 1GB HDD. It has Windows 10 (1809) on C: partition and Games, Documents, photos and other data on D: The boot mode is Legacy BIOS. I am going to install a 240 GB SSD as the primary drive and install the current version of Windows 10 on it. I...
  9. Failure to Reboot after installing new SSD

Failure to Reboot after installing new SSD: Hi, I recently bought a Dell XPS 13 laptop with a 128gb internal SSD. When I began running out of space, I bought a 500gb internal SSD to replace it. I cloned my current SSD onto the new SSD, then installed it into my laptop. When it started my laptop again, everything...
  10. New Windows 10 install on new SSD

New Windows 10 install on new SSD: I am installing Windows 10 on a new SSD and have got to a screen that says "Make it Yours." This screen will not let me do anything. (locked up) I restarted the computer and it just goes back to the same screen with the same problem. NEED HELP!!! Thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. trying to install windows on a new ssd and after windows finished and neeeds to restart it just sits on dell logo