Windows 10: Failure to open a file under Admin

Discus and support Failure to open a file under Admin in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a couple of log ins on my PC win 10 .. a standard user and I use Admin.,, for Administrative Services and use Admin to click in and password... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ttodd0450, Oct 26, 2019.

1. ttodd0450 Win User

Failure to open a file under Admin

I have a couple of log ins on my PC win 10 .. a standard user and I use Admin.,, for Administrative Services and use Admin to click in and password enabled to be able to open and run a downloaded file..,, keeps malware down a bit .. anyway that's the background,... here is the question.

I found a 2 folders under one my separate drives for Backups .. and each folder reveals singular number files . .and opening these reveals a lot of other files I have no knowledge of what it ,. and is a lot of .dll files ..
    then there is a smaller folder in each that says 'update' .. and I then get the standard ‘ you don’t have administrative privileges to open ..

I then log off and log into Admin and I still can’t open with those messages for standard user ..

Why ?

PC 1903 /vs 18362

:)

ttodd0450, Oct 26, 2019
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Bree Win User
    running DOS as ADMIN

I suggested that in post #4 but @bromberg doesn't seem to have tried it yet...

4. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Failure to open a file under Admin - Similar Threads - Failure open file

2. Failing to open Admin Applications?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Failing to open Admin Applications?: Today I was trying to open task manager to close a nonreponding app. It said, C:\Windows\System32\taskmgr.exe Path not found. So I tried finding it in sys32 and found it. I then tried using CMD as an admin and it didn't work and said could not find shortcut path. I tried...
  3. Windows 10 Batch files not opening without admin privileges

Windows 10 Batch files not opening without admin privileges: Since the past few weeks my PC has been having this issue that whenever I open any batch file (*.bat) it gives me an error message saying "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." I am signed...
  4. Open application without admin?

Open application without admin?: Im trying to open an application I downloaded in my downloads folder, I need to enter an administrator username and password, that I don't have, to run the app. Can someone help me. This needs to be done without logging onto the administrator user. (P.S I'm not trying to hack...
  5. Will installed apps under the admin account be available to all?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will installed apps under the admin account be available to all?: Hello! I'm new to Windows after being a Mac user for the last 20 years. I have used Windows in work, currently I use Windows 7, but everything is locked down and we can only use certain programmes and can't make any changes at all - no internet either! So, I have installed...
  6. Will installed apps under the admin account be available to all?

in Windows 10 Support
    Will installed apps under the admin account be available to all?: Hello! I'm new to Windows after being a Mac user for the last 20 years. I have used Windows in work, currently I use Windows 7, but everything is locked down and we can only use certain programmes and can't make any changes at all - no internet either! So, I have installed...
  7. Windows Admin Center under WIndows 10

Windows Admin Center under WIndows 10: Install Windows Admin Center in WIndows 10 both 1709/1803. When I run it I never get prompted for the certificate for Edge which is mentioned in all the silly help posts. When I run it logged in as admin on Windows 10 it seems to work. When I am logged in as a general...
  8. Open cmd from file explorer with admin rights

in Windows 10 Support
    Open cmd from file explorer with admin rights: I managed to get cmd to always run as admin from start->cmd But running cmd this way always launch it at the windows/system32 directory. I need a way to run cmd in file explorer directly so that the current directory will be at the path I launched it but it is always...
  9. Windows Open Under Active Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Open Under Active Windows: If, for example, I click on a file in Explorer, the file opens under the existing window rather than on top as it normally does. This has been happening for several weeks. I've learned that it's an issue with Windows 7, but none of the fixes I've found online, which are...
  10. Can not open Admin Tools and Defender in Admin account

in Windows 10 Support
    Can not open Admin Tools and Defender in Admin account: Hi I tried to fix error message in Settings - Windows Update where it is saying in red fonts: Your insider preview build settings need attention. Go to Windows Insider Program to fix issue. It showed up right after I visit Windows Insider Program in Settings. I have never...