Windows 10: Failure to open a file under Admin

Discus and support Failure to open a file under Admin in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a couple of log ins on my PC win 10 .. a standard user and I use Admin.,, for Administrative Services and use Admin to click in and password... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ttodd0450, Oct 26, 2019.

1. ttodd0450 Win User

Failure to open a file under Admin

I have a couple of log ins on my PC win 10 .. a standard user and I use Admin.,, for Administrative Services and use Admin to click in and password enabled to be able to open and run a downloaded file..,, keeps malware down a bit .. anyway that's the background,... here is the question.

I found a 2 folders under one my separate drives for Backups .. and each folder reveals singular number files . .and opening these reveals a lot of other files I have no knowledge of what it ,. and is a lot of .dll files ..
    then there is a smaller folder in each that says 'update' .. and I then get the standard ‘ you don’t have administrative privileges to open ..

I then log off and log into Admin and I still can’t open with those messages for standard user ..

Why ?

PC 1903 /vs 18362

:)

ttodd0450, Oct 26, 2019
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Bree Win User
    running DOS as ADMIN

I suggested that in post #4 but @bromberg doesn't seem to have tried it yet...

4. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Failure to open a file under Admin - Similar Threads - Failure open file

2. PC failure under load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC failure under load: After running various system tests and doing a total of 15 or more hours of researching the issue I am 99% certain it's my PSU. My main list of reasons, 1: when my pc freezes the fans begin spinning uncontrollably due to faulty power modulation 2: There are no event logs when...
  3. PC failure under load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC failure under load: After running various system tests and doing a total of 15 or more hours of researching the issue I am 99% certain it's my PSU. My main list of reasons, 1: when my pc freezes the fans begin spinning uncontrollably due to faulty power modulation 2: There are no event logs when...
  4. PC failure under load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. All of my downloads open under the Document's file and open in a file under that, I don't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All of my downloads open under the Document's file and open in a file under that, I don't...: Anytime I download something instead of going to my recent downloads or downloads file it goes to a folder under my Documents file. I've tried reseting the original file location to fix this but nothing is working....
  6. All of my downloads open under the Document's file and open in a file under that, I don't...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All of my downloads open under the Document's file and open in a file under that, I don't...: Anytime I download something instead of going to my recent downloads or downloads file it goes to a folder under my Documents file. I've tried reseting the original file location to fix this but nothing is working....
  7. System failure - admin password is not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System failure - admin password is not working.: Hello, My laptop suddenly had a system failure and I am unable to automatically repair it. I've tried to restart it several times with negative results. I've tried to open the command prompt and reset the PC, however, it tells me the password is incorrect. I normally use a 4...
  8. Windows Security Dashboard wont open under admin account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security Dashboard wont open under admin account: When setting up Windows I enable the admin account for elevation purposes, and run my standard account as a 'user'.I've just noticed when I log in to the admin account the Security Dashboard icon shows a yellow exclamation not present when logged as a user and when clicked...
  9. admin password failure

in Windows 10 Customization
    admin password failure: Hi I have locked myself out of computer. I am administrator and it will not accept log in password. Please help Mike Dawson https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-password-failure/85aa9d62-6b8d-4ab4-a9e2-46b4f1ce8c08
  10. Fingerprint failure on admin profile

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fingerprint failure on admin profile: The fingerprint sensor on my Dell XPS 15 9500 doesn't work on my admin profile. However, the sensor works on another profile I created. On the primary (admin) account I get "Something went wrong. Try again later" for every sign-in option. I've updated the drivers, deleted...