Windows 10: Failure to permanently erase a microSD card

Discus and support Failure to permanently erase a microSD card in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; It is very strange that I erased a microSD card and the contents are restored automatically later. When I insert it into a USB socket, it says the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Scott Xe, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Scott Xe Win User

Failure to permanently erase a microSD card

It is very strange that I erased a microSD card and the contents are restored automatically later. When I insert it into a USB socket, it says the drive needs repair but the repair not successful. Is there any way to do it instead?

:)

Scott Xe, Mar 13, 2020
  2. Suman_B Win User

Formatting MicroSD cards permanently problem

Hi Amir,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that this caused you inconvenience and appreciate your time and effort to format Micro SD Card.

Suggest you to try formatting the Micro SD card using Disk Part commands.

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type
      Command prompt and right click on Command prompt
      open as Admin.
    2. Connect the drive you want clean and format on your computer.
    3. Type the command and press
      Enter: diskpart
    4. Type the command to list all the available drives and press
      Enter: list disk
    5. Select the drive you want to clean. (If you fail to choose the correct number will erase all the data from the wrong drive)
    6. Use the following command to select the drive and press
      Enter: select disk #(F)
    7. Type the following command to clean the drive and press
      Enter: clean
    8. Type in the following command
      format F: /fs:ntfs

You will receive a message stating that “DiskPart succeeded in cleaning the disk”

Data Loss Disclaimer:

While performing these steps there might be a risk of data loss. You may take a back up of the data before performing the steps.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Suman_B, Mar 13, 2020
  3. Music Sync with microsd card

Hello -

I am having all kinds of problems using my microsd card to sync music. I have a Lumia 822. I can sync music to my phone without issue. But, if I try to sync music to my microsd card, I get duplicate listings of songs. And, every time I try to re-sync,
    the song is listed again. This doesn't happen for every song, but for many. I have tried two different microsd cards - one is 32g and the other 64. Same problem for both. Any suggestions?

TIA

howiewolverine, Mar 13, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Thema:

1. Failure to permanently erase a microSD card - Similar Threads - Failure permanently erase

2. Format microSD card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Format microSD card: I tried to format a SanDisk microSD 64 GB card using File explorer without success.The card name could not be changed.The card could not be formatted regardless quick or full.All folders and files could be deleted except some files in 2 folders. However, about two dozen files...
  3. Format microSD card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Format microSD card: I tried to format a SanDisk microSD 64 GB card using File explorer without success.The card name could not be changed.The card could not be formatted regardless quick or full.All folders and files could be deleted except some files in 2 folders. However, about two dozen files...
  4. how to format a MicroSD card?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to format a MicroSD card?: I bought a MicroSD card for my doorbell camera and the unit says the disc needs to be formatted. I knew how to do this 20 years ago, but not anymore :- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-format-a-microsd-card/eea89181-bc42-4033-9b5e-bf45de1d459b
  5. how to format a MicroSD card?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to format a MicroSD card?: I bought a MicroSD card for my doorbell camera and the unit says the disc needs to be formatted. I knew how to do this 20 years ago, but not anymore :- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-format-a-microsd-card/eea89181-bc42-4033-9b5e-bf45de1d459b
  6. how to format a MicroSD card?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. unable read microsd card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable read microsd card: when i insert the microsd card using the adapter i get the following error. I receive this on windows 10 as well as windows 11.The IO operation at logical block address 0x0 for Disk 1 PDO name: \Device\000000ec was retried.Event ID : 153source: disk...
  8. unable read microsd card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    unable read microsd card: when i insert the microsd card using the adapter i get the following error. I receive this on windows 10 as well as windows 11.The IO operation at logical block address 0x0 for Disk 1 PDO name: \Device\000000ec was retried.Event ID : 153source: disk...
  9. Cannot write to microSD card

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot write to microSD card: I needed to spin up a new instance of Raspbian so I ran up balenaEtcher and tried to burn to a brand new Sandisk 16GB card using a Sandisk ImageMate PRO. The operation failed. Grabbed another (not new) microSD which I confirmed was working and tried again with that one....
  10. Formatting MicroSD cards permanently problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Formatting MicroSD cards permanently problem: I have problem formatting my Micro SD cards Using Windows 10 , every time I attempt to format it says the device is fully formatted , then when I use the card into the device , it says there are still files on your Card. I simply can Use the format bottom and will fully...