Windows 10: Failure to Reboot after installing new SSD

Discus and support Failure to Reboot after installing new SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I recently bought a Dell XPS 13 laptop with a 128gb internal SSD. When I began running out of space, I bought a 500gb internal SSD to replace it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JLin2, Dec 8, 2018.

1. JLin2 Win User

Failure to Reboot after installing new SSD

Hi,

I recently bought a Dell XPS 13 laptop with a 128gb internal SSD. When I began running out of space, I bought a 500gb internal SSD to replace it. I cloned my current SSD onto the new SSD, then installed it into my laptop.

When it started my laptop again, everything was fine. I downloaded EaseUS partition but couldn't figure out how to use it, so I downloaded MiniTool Partition instead, which I found a lot easier to use. I merged my C: drive with the 370gb of "unallocated space" and hit "apply," knowing that my laptop would need to reboot in order for the changes to take affect. I kept my USB drive with a copy of Windows 10 plugged into my computer as it did this.

However, the restart did not complete and this popped up instead.

Failure to Reboot after installing new SSD [​IMG]

I tried pressing enter again, and the Support Assist ran a hardware check and found nothing wrong. When I restarted again, the same screen appeared.

Please help! I don't know what happened, or why. I switched my SSD back to my original one so I can continue to use my laptop but will still eventually need to switch to the larger SSD.

Thanks,

JJ

:)

JLin2, Dec 8, 2018

2. Not able to install new ISO on SSD

Thanks for this. I also had to delete my old Windows partition on my SSD due to existing MBR. Nice step-by-step Mark. *cake

pilsnermonkey, Dec 8, 2018
  3. Josh_922 Win User
    Win10 clean install on Samsung SSD 850 EVO

BLUF: SSD is not listed ubder "Where do you want to install Windows?"

Steps Complete:

1. I've create a Win10 bootable install usb.

2. I connect the new Samsung SSD 850 EVO via SATA.

3. I reboot PC and verify SSD is seen by the motherboard/BIOS

4. Begin Win10 install via usb.

5. Get to "Where do you want to install Windows?" and the SSD is not listed

Problems:

1. Samsung does not offer a driver for the 850 on their website

2. Cannot locate driver elsewhere

Unsuccessful Mitigations Steps Attempt:

A. Format & partition SSD via Windows Disk Management, then retried steps 1-5 above....same result

B. Clone existing HHD onto SSD via "Image for Windows" by TeraByte, then verified SSD contents via Windows Explorer....similar result

Can you please offer some advice on locating a driver for a Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB drive? Or an alternative method?

Thank you

Josh_922, Dec 8, 2018
  4. JonKrisp Win User

Windows 10 install stuck after first reboot/ clean install on a new SSD.

Windows 10 install stuck after first reboot/ clean install on a new SSD. I don't have any peripheral connected (only mouse and keyboard) or any other hdd. I followed the steps from microsoft win 10 clean install, but everytime get stuck after first
    reboot. The first problem was that the install ( from a flash drive) get stuck at the first logo, but I changed my videocard with the onboard one and now its working and the install start.

JonKrisp, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Failure to Reboot after installing new SSD - Similar Threads - Failure Reboot installing

2. BSOD’s after installing new SSD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD’s after installing new SSD?: Hello!I recently installed a new SSD into my Desktop PC due to my original boot SSD running low on storage and now it only boots up to a BSOD.Stop code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFOIt ran perfectly fine for the first week or so, but now it simply won’t let me into my PC.I unplugged...
  3. BSOD’s after installing new SSD?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD’s after installing new SSD?: Hello!I recently installed a new SSD into my Desktop PC due to my original boot SSD running low on storage and now it only boots up to a BSOD.Stop code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFOIt ran perfectly fine for the first week or so, but now it simply won’t let me into my PC.I unplugged...
  4. Windows installation after SSD failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows installation after SSD failure: Hi!PC Details:- Windows 10 Home Edition.- SSD C drive- HDD D drive- NVIDIA RTX 2080- 8 GB RAMIssue details:- After the last windows updates, I noticed that the windows freeze no clicks, nothing can be done. I had to switch off and switch on the PC. - I also noticed that any...
  5. Windows installation after SSD failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows installation after SSD failure: Hi!PC Details:- Windows 10 Home Edition.- SSD C drive- HDD D drive- NVIDIA RTX 2080- 8 GB RAMIssue details:- After the last windows updates, I noticed that the windows freeze no clicks, nothing can be done. I had to switch off and switch on the PC. - I also noticed that any...
  6. Windows installation after SSD failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. BSOD after New ssd installation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD after New ssd installation: Hi Guys. I have an inspiron 5578 laptop from dell. Its hdd had 448 bad sectors, so i decided to install a 2.5 inch sata ssdcrucial mx500 in its place. I've tried installing fresh os, oem image, resetting from recovery drive, but no matter how i install it, i end up getting...
  8. Failure to install Windows 10 on a new SSD

Failure to install Windows 10 on a new SSD: I have problem installing Windows 10 on a new SSD. I formatted the drive with GPT partition style, created necesary partitions as described by technet site: MSR, System, Windows partition and Recovery tools partition. Now the error message when attempting to install to...
  9. SSD SMART Imminent Failure at reboot (only) after Win10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD SMART Imminent Failure at reboot (only) after Win10 upgrade: Hello. I'm using HP 15-n061sr with Windows 10 SL and SSD Plextor PX-128M6Pro. Right after the upgrade from Windows 8.1, I started to experience SMART error on reboot, and only on reboot. I mean that if I just turn the laptop off and on it doesn't happen. It says that...
  10. Windows 10 does not reboot after installed on new Samsung SSD

Windows 10 does not reboot after installed on new Samsung SSD: Hello everyone, I've just bought a new SSD (Samsung EVO 850 250GB) for my Dell XPS 15 (L521x). After I inserted it into my laptop i intalled Windows 10 Home Pro. The installation process happened without any error, the laptop restarted several times (which is normal during...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. problem rebooting after installation of samsung evo hard drive

2. after ssd no reboot pc