Windows 10: Failure to Restart Repaired w/ Update KB3081448?

Discus and support Failure to Restart Repaired w/ Update KB3081448? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; New HP 15. Upgraded to Windows Ten 2-3 weeks ago. When updates began being pushed and a restart was required, my laptop would freeze during... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bamashooter, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Failure to Restart Repaired w/ Update KB3081448?

New HP 15.

Upgraded to Windows Ten 2-3 weeks ago.

When updates began being pushed and a restart was required, my laptop would freeze during restart.

I would then power down / up and all is well.

I noticed during restart my wifi lamp would go orange (disconnected) and cycle to blue (connected).

If I powered down / up the same sequence would occur followed by my audio off lamp (orange) illuminating.

Happened every time. Figured it had something to do with an audio driver but I don't have the knowledge to say if it was that or the phase of the moon.

Today I received update KB3081448, went to restart and it actually restarted.

I knew when the speaker button lit I was good.

Just for s&g, I have "restarted" 5 times in about the past 30 minutes successfully.

No idea what the update is or if it's a coincidence however restart now works.

Just throwing this out there for those who may be documenting all this stuff.

:)

bamashooter, Aug 29, 2015
  2. FBackman Win User

New laptop keeps restarting. Win. 10 factory installed. "kernal security check failure".

Two month old HP laptop, new, came w/ Windows 10. Randomly restarts, w message "kernal security check failure".

FBackman, Aug 29, 2015
  3. -MomO- Win User
    After Preparing Automatic Repair, it goes into blank screen without cursor

My Lenovo Ideapad 320-ISK crashed and it goes into blank screen without cursor after the logo. The problem started with failure to update the system and it crashed. When I tries to use the system restore point, it took 5+ hrs and still it's preparing and
    restarted it. The prob is my system won't even recognize my usb even if it's a bootable usb w/ windows 10 in it. It just go to blank screen after the system restore point failed. Can someone help me because I don't want to pay for the repair T___T

-MomO-, Aug 29, 2015
  4. Muffy Win User

Failure to Restart Repaired w/ Update KB3081448?

Initially had same issue when i first went to 7 from XP and then 7 to 10. Good for folks to know. *Thumbs
    To err is human, to really foul things up requires a computer.
    "Senator Soaper says"

Muffy, Aug 30, 2015
  5. I seemed to have gotten that update 2-3 days later than several folks I've seen on assorted forums. The "fix" could be coincidental however I'm not too big on coincidences. BUT, this weekend I reprogrammed one of two of my garage doors. Hit the remote and both doors opened. With my systems, the odds of that happening are 1 out of roughly 3.5 billion. Crazy. I deprogrammed one opener and then reprogrammed my 4-5 remotes again for that door.

bamashooter, Aug 31, 2015
  6. Moments ago I clicked restart and it's happening again. This is my first "restart" since I thought the problem had corrected itself.

bamashooter, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Failure to Restart Repaired w/ Update KB3081448?

1. Failure to Restart Repaired w/ Update KB3081448? - Similar Threads - Failure Restart Repaired

2. automatic repair failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    automatic repair failure: My pc has been popping up with a blue Automatic repair screen. it has two options, shut down or advanced options. When i hit advanced options and try continuing to windows 10 it repeats. If i hit troubleshoot, advanced options sends me to another page. if it hit command...
  3. Restart failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restart failure: It's been a month when I restart my Laptop it always brings me to the page of diagnosis. The new updates get lost during this process and I have stopped the window updater. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restart-failure/24f9b637-39c8-4eb2-b571-96b03e643477
  4. Failure to Repair Windows Update Components

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failure to Repair Windows Update Components: I've had issues trying to get windows to update to the 1803 service pack. After another round of the update installing and restarting my computer, only for it to hang on restart until it undoes the update, I decided to try and troubleshoot the problem to see if I could get it...
  5. Repair failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Repair failure: Hello. After an update of windows, my laptop for some reason failed to complete it so it tried to repair. Repair fails, and what ever option I was choosing in advanced options in troubleshooting, it failed as well. After disabling automatic startup repair from command prompt...
  6. Automatic Repair Failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic Repair Failure: So i just bought this HP laptop about a month ago and i open it up one day to see a blue screen that says “Automatic Repair: Automatic Repair couldn’t repair your pc.” I have tried most of the options to fix the issue and none of them have worked. I have tried shutting down,...
  7. KB3081448 fails with error code 8007000d

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    KB3081448 fails with error code 8007000d: I guess the title says what my problem is. So, I finaly got to install KB3081444 without any issues, and now, this update is doing infinite restarts on Windows Update. I tried: 1. Installing from offline downloaded installer - the same error code. 2. Did DISM, both...
  8. Can't install update KB3081448, get error 0x80242006

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't install update KB3081448, get error 0x80242006: The title basically gives it away. I try to make windows update install the aformentioned update and it just instantly stops and gives me that error code. 20186
  9. SFC Failure - awaiting repair pending a restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC Failure - awaiting repair pending a restart: I‘m attempting to upgrade a 1607 Windows 10 Pro system to 1703. (I’ve successfully done four of my six systems.) The upgrade appears to complete successfully, but there are two significant problems. I can no longer connect to my NAS, or any other computer on my network, and I...
  10. New KB3081449, KB3081452, and KB3081448 Updates for Windows 8-27-2015

in Windows 10 News
    New KB3081449, KB3081452, and KB3081448 Updates for Windows 8-27-2015: The updates are only available for Windows 10 retail (build 10240), and not for the Windows 10 Insider Preview build 10525. [img] Tip How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10 [img] Note KB3081448: This update includes improvements to...
Tags: