Windows 10: Failure to sleep solved by in-place upgrade

Discus and support Failure to sleep solved by in-place upgrade in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For as long as I can remember, I've had a power plan that turns off the monitor ten minutes of inactivity and puts the system to sleep after thirty... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bob Coleman, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Failure to sleep solved by in-place upgrade

For as long as I can remember, I've had a power plan that turns off the monitor ten minutes of inactivity and puts the system to sleep after thirty minutes. Recently the system stopped sleeping. After numerous failed attempts to correlate this with some specific windows update or recent application update, I decided to resort an in-place update (Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade) which appears to have corrected the problem. In retrospect, I should have tried this much earlier.

This post is just to endorse this problem solving procedure and to express thanks for the referenced tutorial.

:)

Bob Coleman, Dec 14, 2020

2. Display will not sleep.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you solve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select the time limit for the system to go to sleep from the drop down list.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 14, 2020
  3. RickMcKenney, Dec 14, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Failure to sleep solved by in-place upgrade

In-place upgrade - XP to 10 without losing the apps

Wolfgang, you need at least two steps (Vista & Seven) between XP and 10, the Eight can be bypassed:
    • XP can only be in-place upgraded to Vista, not Seven or later
    • Vista can be in-place upgraded to Seven but not Eight or later
    • Seven can be in-place upgraded to 10
    • Ergo: XP to Vista is a must, as well as Vista to Seven but then you can bypass the Eight and jump to 10

Thema:

Failure to sleep solved by in-place upgrade

1. Failure to sleep solved by in-place upgrade - Similar Threads - Failure sleep solved

2. In place upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In place upgrade: Was wondering could in place upgrade be used to resetting like regdit changes and if so then what else can it restore to default? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-place-upgrade/ff153579-7322-4e44-8daa-8c1e0587e6dc
  3. In place upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In place upgrade: Was wondering could in place upgrade be used to resetting like regdit changes and if so then what else can it restore to default? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-place-upgrade/ff153579-7322-4e44-8daa-8c1e0587e6dc
  4. in-place upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    in-place upgrade: in-place upgrade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-place-upgrade/ba32d89f-3c2a-40a0-bbfa-ceb62204675e
  5. in-place upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    in-place upgrade: in-place upgrade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-place-upgrade/ba32d89f-3c2a-40a0-bbfa-ceb62204675e
  6. In-Place Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    In-Place Upgrade: Hi Paul. Understood your In-place process. But what if I have multiple accounts on my PC Admin, my kids, and my wife...etc would I lose any of those accounts if I did this procedure? Do I need to be worried about any loss of any personal data/info/files on my computer?Sam...
  7. In-place upgrade error

In-place upgrade error: Hello everyone, I tried a In-place upgrade by downloading the windows 10 iso, but as soon as the installation process start (after selecting keep personal files and apps) the process fails at 0%. Using Windows 10 version 21H1 build 19043.1081. Error log attached 181888
  8. SAFE_OS failure C1900101-20017 - in place upgrade. Maybe SCSI driver?

SAFE_OS failure C1900101-20017 - in place upgrade. Maybe SCSI driver?: Trying to perform an in-place upgrade Win7-Win10 on a Del Prec. T5600. The process seems to be OK, but when it restarts it presents the troubleshoot screen, and then rolls back to Win7. if I open a command line, diskpart shows no disks but the media creation tool USB drive,...
  9. Windows in place repair upgrade failure

Windows in place repair upgrade failure: This is a part two to my orginal post as the repair upgrade failed and i dont know what to do. It rolls back Original link here[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-in-place-repair-upgrade-failure/e4b9e6e8-df1a-455f-9160-d416d3cba31a
  10. Failure to Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Failure to Sleep: I have encountered a few episodes of this nature recently: Computer was awake around 0500 local today when it should have been asleep. I checked powercfg -requests, to see if there were anything preventing sleep; there were not. I pressed the two keys which should have put...