Windows 10: Failure to Sleep

Discus and support Failure to Sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have encountered a few episodes of this nature recently: Computer was awake around 0500 local today when it should have been asleep. I checked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Not Myself, May 5, 2019.

1. Failure to Sleep

I have encountered a few episodes of this nature recently: Computer was awake around 0500 local today when it should have been asleep. I checked powercfg -requests, to see if there were anything preventing sleep; there were not.

I pressed the two keys which should have put the computer to sleep; the monitor went to sleep, but the computer remained awake, and I could do nothing other than forcing a shutdown and restart. That worked, and using the two keys put the computer and the monitor to sleep. Pressing a key on the keyboard woke both things.

Any tests, etc., to run to see if the problem can be found and fixed?

:)

Not Myself, May 5, 2019

2. Display will not sleep.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you solve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select the time limit for the system to go to sleep from the drop down list.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 5, 2019
  3. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, May 5, 2019
  4. Failure to Sleep

Sleep

Hi,

This may happen due to its power plan. A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. For this, we suggest that you reset and restore power plans to its default. kindly follow these steps:

• Open the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press
      Enter
      :
      • powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart your PC to apply the changes.

After that, go to Power & sleep settings
    by typing it into the Windows Search. Check the When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    settings is set to Never.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, May 5, 2019
Thema:

Failure to Sleep

1. Failure to Sleep - Similar Threads - Failure Sleep

2. Boot failure after enabling Windows Sandbox

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot failure after enabling Windows Sandbox: Hi All, After I've turn on Windows Sandbox feature and the PC is rebooting windows is crashing at boot multiple times. Only when I boot again with Safe mode, I get the following message: 'Windows couldn't complete the update/Undoing changes'. At EventViewer: "The...
  3. Blue Screen error while starting Rainbow Six Siege(Kernel Security Check Failure)

Blue Screen error while starting Rainbow Six Siege(Kernel Security Check Failure): Today I started my laptop to play Rainbow Six Siege game.When I started game, my PC's crashing and PC is showing up Blue Screen Error(Kernel Security Check Failure).I have tried many ways to recover and resetted the PC(Removed Everything) but still after reiinstalling game,...
  4. Restart Failure After "Sleep" & "Hibernate" + Ctrl-Alt-Del Not Working.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restart Failure After "Sleep" & "Hibernate" + Ctrl-Alt-Del Not Working.: Restart Failure After "Sleep" & "Hibernate" + Ctrl-Alt-Del Not Working. 1. Problems: a. Inability to auto-restart my Desktop PC from either “Sleep” or “Hibernate” modes”. b. Also the command "Ctrl-Alt-Del" will not work after either "Sleep" and/or "Hibernate". 2....
  5. Login Failures After Log Off/Lock/Sleep

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Login Failures After Log Off/Lock/Sleep: Upgrade to Win10Pro from Win7Pro. System is set to use secure logon with Cntrl-Alt-Del in conjunction with Yubikey. It is also set to require login after going to sleep or hibernate. Attempts to login inevitably fail after locking workstation or waking from sleep/hibernation....
  6. Consistant BSOD after sleep/hibernate(driver power state failure

Consistant BSOD after sleep/hibernate(driver power state failure: I posted here before about this same issue(see this thread). Installing a previous version of my intel HD graphics drivers fixed it for a few days, but in the end it returned. I tried to install those drivers again but it wouldn't work a second time. (The file was...
  7. BSOD when waking up from sleep, KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE

BSOD when waking up from sleep, KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE: Most of the time when I wake up from sleep I get a BSOD with the error: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE. I do not know what is causing this problem. I have a few things plugged into my computer via USB. 70709
  8. BSOD: Driver power state failure, on wake up from sleep - since win 10

BSOD: Driver power state failure, on wake up from sleep - since win 10: hello This is a problem with my Dad's PC, I am default tech support but this is beyond my knowledge. I don't have access to the PC all the time but have been going on with team viewer (thankfully, saves a long drive). BSOD: Driver power state failure This only occurs...
  9. BSOD after sleep/hibernate (driver power state failure)

BSOD after sleep/hibernate (driver power state failure): I've had bluescreens sometime before, but after asking around on this forum I had fixed it. Or at least I thought I did, because they have returned. It happens always within a minute after waking the laptop out of sleep/hibernation. I have checked that I don't have my drivers...
  10. Driver Power State Failure on Sleep, Hibernate, Restart or Shutdown

Driver Power State Failure on Sleep, Hibernate, Restart or Shutdown: Hi, Every time I try to put put my laptop to sleep, hibernate, restart it or shutdown, it stalls for about 10 minutes before giving me a Driver Power State Failure. Having installed "WhoCrashed" and "Windbg", I was able to determine it was related to "ntkrnlmp.exe",...