Windows 10: Failure to Sleep

Discus and support Failure to Sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have encountered a few episodes of this nature recently: Computer was awake around 0500 local today when it should have been asleep. I checked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Not Myself, May 5, 2019.

1. Failure to Sleep

I have encountered a few episodes of this nature recently: Computer was awake around 0500 local today when it should have been asleep. I checked powercfg -requests, to see if there were anything preventing sleep; there were not.

I pressed the two keys which should have put the computer to sleep; the monitor went to sleep, but the computer remained awake, and I could do nothing other than forcing a shutdown and restart. That worked, and using the two keys put the computer and the monitor to sleep. Pressing a key on the keyboard woke both things.

Any tests, etc., to run to see if the problem can be found and fixed?

:)

Not Myself, May 5, 2019

2. Display will not sleep.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you solve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select the time limit for the system to go to sleep from the drop down list.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 5, 2019
  3. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, May 5, 2019
  4. Failure to Sleep

Sleep

Hi,

This may happen due to its power plan. A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. For this, we suggest that you reset and restore power plans to its default. kindly follow these steps:

• Open the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press
      Enter
      :
      • powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart your PC to apply the changes.

After that, go to Power & sleep settings
    by typing it into the Windows Search. Check the When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    settings is set to Never.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, May 5, 2019
Thema:

Failure to Sleep

1. Failure to Sleep - Similar Threads - Failure Sleep

2. Kernel Power failure after sleeping chronic on new Dell Inspiron 15

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernel Power failure after sleeping chronic on new Dell Inspiron 15: I have had this issue from the get-go on my new Dell. Whenever the laptop goes to sleep and it defaults to doing so rapidly to conserve power the system reboots, losing any open data and requiring me to restart all of my apps and reopen my files.When I reach out to them, Dell...
  3. Kernel Power failure after sleeping chronic on new Dell Inspiron 15

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kernel Power failure after sleeping chronic on new Dell Inspiron 15: I have had this issue from the get-go on my new Dell. Whenever the laptop goes to sleep and it defaults to doing so rapidly to conserve power the system reboots, losing any open data and requiring me to restart all of my apps and reopen my files.When I reach out to them, Dell...
  4. Fingerprint sensor intermittent failure at startup/sleep/hibernate "something went wrong on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint sensor intermittent failure at startup/sleep/hibernate "something went wrong on...: Hello,I own a Thinkpad X1 yoga 5th gen by Lenovo and when I try and use the fingerprint scanner at windows logon I intermittently get an error logging in, with the message "something went wrong on our end". This happens almost every time at startup/restart/hibernate, almost...
  5. Fingerprint sensor intermittent failure at startup/sleep/hibernate "something went wrong on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint sensor intermittent failure at startup/sleep/hibernate "something went wrong on...: Hello,I own a Thinkpad X1 yoga 5th gen by Lenovo and when I try and use the fingerprint scanner at windows logon I intermittently get an error logging in, with the message "something went wrong on our end". This happens almost every time at startup/restart/hibernate, almost...
  6. Fingerprint sensor intermittent failure at startup/sleep/hibernate "something went wrong on...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Sleep mode failure.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep mode failure.: On entering sleep mode, background screen lights up requesting password, but with password already containing a long string of characters. If these are deleted normal password entry and startup can be activated. Screen is no longer shutdown....
  8. Failure to sleep solved by in-place upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Failure to sleep solved by in-place upgrade: For as long as I can remember, I've had a power plan that turns off the monitor ten minutes of inactivity and puts the system to sleep after thirty minutes. Recently the system stopped sleeping. After numerous failed attempts to correlate this with some specific windows...
  9. KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE after waking from sleep mode Windows 10 Version 2004

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE after waking from sleep mode Windows 10 Version 2004: I have an Dell M4800 laptop and sometimes when it wakes up from sleep I get a blue screen saying that a problem has occured, its collecting necessary information and gives me the error KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE. After it reaches 100% on collecting the info it seems to get...
  10. driver power state failure every hibernate or sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    driver power state failure every hibernate or sleep: Good day, i have a PC for lees than 2 years and in the last 3 to 4 weeks i cant fix this driver power state failure i did every thing i installed new window (after i backed up all the drive)didnot work i tried it on a different ssd drive and even i go as far as to remove all...