Windows 10: Failure to update Windows Defender on Window 8

Discus and support Failure to update Windows Defender on Window 8 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Using Window 8, cannot update windows defender, when click on update, got error message: 0x8007139f... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DSZE, May 17, 2020.

1. DSZE Win User

Failure to update Windows Defender on Window 8

Using Window 8, cannot update windows defender, when click on update, got error message: 0x8007139f

:)

2. P4-630 Win User

SEtting up automatic updates for windows defender on windows 8

I have found this on the internet en have set up a task for automatic definitions update for Windows Defender but a window pops up when this starts to run.
    Is there a way to set this without any window popping up so that it just runs in the background?

Now I'm using
    "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe" -SignatureUpdate -MMPC

I'm currrently using it as described here:
    https://forum.raymond.cc/threads/let-your-windows-8-defender-update-itself-automatically.34359/

P4-630, May 17, 2020
  3. Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

"Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."

It was a helpful post. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, May 17, 2020
  4. Failure to update Windows Defender on Window 8

Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

No, the license only applies to the Windows 8 OEM copy the original owner purchased with laptop, it doesn't magically transform into Windows 8.1 Retail one.

OK, so here's the commonly recommended steps that should help you with your problem.

Before you begin, I would recommend you to download both of these files and save them on your USB drive in order to use it later as the only source of third-party packages:
    1. The first step would be to recover the original Windows installation using your hard drive partition (the thing that you've done before, I believe). Follow the steps described here (http://h10010.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c03544793#N258) and see if you missed anything. By the end of this operation, make so that your HP product is not connected to any sort of network.

2. Configure your HP device to boot in "clean" mode as described here (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135). Restart once.

3. Run the first file you've downloaded (http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp67001-67500/sp67259.exe) from your just-recovered Windows copy and follow the steps required.

4. Run the AMD package (http://www2.ati.com/drivers/amd-catalyst-14.4-64bit-win8.1-win8-win7-whql-aug.exe). Choose the "Advanced" installation option in order to be able to opt-out the "AMD/Raprt App" and "HydraVision" packages.

5. Establish an Internet connection. Run "Windows Store" tile from your Start screen, and select "Windows 8.1" package.

6. Once you're done with your migration from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1, you can install all the critical updates offered by Windows Update, which would be driver software, then Windows 8.1 Update package (KB2919442 > KB2919355 > KB2932046 > KB2959977 > KB2937592 > KB2938439 > KB2934018), "August" Update (KB2993651 > KB2975719 > KB2993100 > KB2979582 > KB2990532 > KB2995004) and .NET Framework 4.5.2 (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42642).

Constantine Yevseyev, May 17, 2020
Thema:

Failure to update Windows Defender on Window 8

1. Failure to update Windows Defender on Window 8 - Similar Threads - Failure update Defender

2. windows defender of windows 8.1 or 8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows defender of windows 8.1 or 8: hi! why i am still getting updates of windows defender in that version of windows 8 that is end of support https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-of-windows-81-or-8/83aeb713-2ade-4ca9-a18b-0741d1d18df0
  3. Windows 8 update failure to configure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 8 update failure to configure: I have windows 8 installed currently. The windows update keeps failing to complete and gets stuck in a loop of attempting to install, fails, undoes changes and tries agaiin. It does this a few times and will then allow access into windows without updating. I have tried to...
  4. Windows 8 update failure to configure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 8 update failure to configure: I have windows 8 installed currently. The windows update keeps failing to complete and gets stuck in a loop of attempting to install, fails, undoes changes and tries agaiin. It does this a few times and will then allow access into windows without updating. I have tried to...
  5. windows Defender for Windows 8

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows Defender for Windows 8: windows defender has been disabled on my WINDOWS 8 laptop. I DO NOT WANT TO UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 10. how can i re-install Windows Defender on my WINDOWS 8 laptop? [Moderator Edit: Moved from: Windows \ Windows 8 \ Security & Privacy \ Security and Privacy]...
  6. Windows Defender 8(8/8.1) vs Windows Defender 10

Windows Defender 8(8/8.1) vs Windows Defender 10: Can you please let me know the various endpoint security features offered via windows defender 8 and windows defender 10. I also heard MS is offering ATP support on Windows 8 , so if that is the case, I can buy some time to migrate to windows 10 and still purchase ATP ?...
  7. windows defender for windows 8 is not updating

windows defender for windows 8 is not updating: When i attempt to update windows defender is states it is searching and never gets past a certain point. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-for-windows-8-is-not-updating/bace762e-27d1-4e45-8cf3-2c9652395a76
  8. updated window 8 to window 8.1 via store but window defender is not update after window 8...

updated window 8 to window 8.1 via store but window defender is not update after window 8...: Hi We had updated window 8 to window 8.1 via store but window defender is not updated after window 8 change into window 8.1. but we did not see any error. Please suggest. Thanks Surendra Mohan Gupta...
  9. WIndows Defender Definition Update Failure

WIndows Defender Definition Update Failure: I'm getting a failure updating Windows Defender Antivirus definition 1.259.218.0 (error 0x800070643, protection definitions update failing with error code -2147023293, "fatal error during installation") through Windows Update and by updating within the protection updates...
  10. failure configuring windows updates, and reverts to win 8

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    failure configuring windows updates, and reverts to win 8: Cliff S I have been running win 8 for a longtime, and ran win 8.1 for months without any problems, then got a virus, and could not get rid of it, so went back to win 8. Now when I try to reload win 8.1 it says "failure configuring windows updates, and reverts to win 8. What...