Windows 10: Failure to update with error codes

Discus and support Failure to update with error codes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi I am having a bit of trouble for about a week and a half. It initially began with Critical_Process_Died stop code 0x000000EF. I attempted to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SomeCleverName, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Failure to update with error codes

Hi

I am having a bit of trouble for about a week and a half. It initially began with Critical_Process_Died stop code 0x000000EF. I attempted to do a system update when I notice the last update had failed. I did some more digging with a diagnostic trouble shoot but mid scan the threw another stop code: Memory_Management 0x00001a.

After some googling, I booted the system in safe mode and did another diagnostic trouble shoot scan and this time it finished and it suggested a disk clean up. I ran it in safe mode and if I recall the system restarted. Windows, however, was unable complete the disk clean up and stopped the process and just rebooted in safe mode. I go to command prompt to run sfc but it tells me I have a "system repair pending" and need to reboot . I reboot and restart Windows . Run SFC . Same message.

Do it again. Same Message.

Go to system configuration(safe mode) and and disable all the third-party apps. Run SFC. Same message. I am pretty sure I don't know what I am doing at this point. So... I return to the normal state and so far no crashes for a full 24 hours but , I still can't update windows even with ESET firwall turned off and SFC gives me the same message.

Next day I try to update Windows again but, it gives me 0x8000FFFF and after some searching on the system I found the reliability reports. Apparently, the system hasn't been able to update for at least a month. I am afraid the crashes will continue and I am at a loss of what to do next. I would appreciate any help, please.

Thanks.

:)

SomeCleverName, Dec 19, 2018
  2. meloneum Win User

BIOS error codes

So I have motherboard with installed small LED screen, which presents BIOS error codes.

Where can I find a list of those errors. And I don't mean beep codes, but the "number" codes.

Ex after installing sound card, the motherboard startup fails with the code 15.

Example picture of code is here.

meloneum, Dec 19, 2018
  3. Mark_W. Win User
    update error code 801812CB

Hello ShawnWilliams:

Thank you for posting to the forum regarding your update error. At this point, I will provide some basic troubleshooting and request more information. There is no documentation or mention of this specific error by other customers. Please verify the following:

• What is the exact error code and message included?
    • Where do you receive this error, on the PC, on the phone, in the Zune software, etc...?
    • What is the current OS running on your phone, tap settings > about > more info?
    • What is the OS running on your PC?

As for general troubleshooting, try the steps in this article,
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2484484?wa=wsignin1.0
    . As there is no mention of your error code I do suggest you review all the steps in this article. I would start with the steps for error code 801812C1 as this is the closest code I could find to the
    one posted.

If you continue to have this error after trying the above steps, please attempt the update from another PC connected to a different network. If you can we would also suggest you use another sync cable.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Mark W.

Mark_W., Dec 19, 2018
  4. linhlz Win User

Failure to update with error codes

Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

Possibly there can be the problem with Microsoft activation Server, so your Windows 10 is not activated. In this scenario, you need to wait and verify if it is the issue from Microsoft’s side. But if you are getting error code 0x803f7001, you can also try these steps:

1. Open Settings app. Then go to Update and security > Activation screen > Change product.
    2. Type your Windows edition product key and click Next.
    3. You’ll get We couldn’t activate Windows error message.
    4. Retry steps 1-3 then type your 25-characters unique product key.
    5. Wait for the process to complete, Windows 10 is activated.
    Hope something helps this problem

linhlz, Dec 19, 2018
Thema:

Failure to update with error codes

1. Failure to update with error codes - Similar Threads - Failure update error

2. Windows Update Failure Error Code 0x80070643

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Failure Error Code 0x80070643: Hi allYesterday I Got a Error while doing Windows Update "Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64 based systems KB5034441" What's the fix for these?...
  3. Windows Update Failure Error Code 0x80070643

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Failure Error Code 0x80070643: Hi allYesterday I Got a Error while doing Windows Update "Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64 based systems KB5034441" What's the fix for these?...
  4. Windows Update Failure Error Code 0x80070643

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows update failure 21H2 - error code 0x80070490

Windows update failure 21H2 - error code 0x80070490: I was attempting to update from 20H2 to 21H2 and received an error 0x80070490 which ultimately performed a revert.I have tried most discussed solutions which are documented for this error code but without avail. The update was tried with Windows Update and also Manual...
  6. Windows update failure 21H2 - error code 0x80070490

Windows update failure 21H2 - error code 0x80070490: I was attempting to update from 20H2 to 21H2 and received an error 0x80070490 which ultimately performed a revert.I have tried most discussed solutions which are documented for this error code but without avail. The update was tried with Windows Update and also Manual...
  7. Windows Update Failure with error code : 0x80073701

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Failure with error code : 0x80073701: Hi , My Name Is Eyad I Have a problem while using my windows 10 I use windows 10 long time ago since 2018 and last month i had a problem that maked me uncomfortable while using the laptop , it maked me uncomfortable beacause i dont know a way to fix it The problem is in the...
  8. Windows Update Failure with error code : 0x80073701

Windows Update Failure with error code : 0x80073701: Hi , My Name Is Eyad I Have a problem while using my windows 10 I use windows 10 long time ago since 2018 and last month i had a problem that maked me uncomfortable while using the laptop , it maked me uncomfortable beacause i dont know a way to fix it The problem is in the...
  9. Windows Update Failure with error code : 0x80073701

10. Windows update 2004 failure, error code 80004005

Windows update 2004 failure, error code 80004005: Hi, I have a problem when I try to update to 2004 from 1909. I used windows update assistant and everything went well before the restarting the computer at the installing part. I have tried to turn off the WSUS and restart but it does not work. Every time it goes wrong at...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1909 - Error 0x800f0904

2. kb4497935 0x8000ffff