Windows 10: Failure when trying to update

Discus and support Failure when trying to update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, We have been trying to update both desktop HP and Laptop HP and both get the same error message. 0x80070570 Current version is 1511 (OS Build... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PhillipTarrant, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Failure when trying to update

Hi,

We have been trying to update both desktop HP and Laptop HP and both get the same error message. 0x80070570 Current version is 1511 (OS Build 10586.1176) on both. So, we can't update or install security patches. All help appreciated.

:)

PhillipTarrant, Nov 5, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Failure when trying to update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 5, 2018
  3. Anniversary Update Failure (Solved)

1. Downloaded the Windows Home update.

2. I noticed that it was at 92% of preparing the update, but later found it back at perhaps 5%.

3. Second preparation step finished, gave command to restart the computer and finish the process.

4. First step was to configure the update, which went to 100% in a single step, unlike earlier updates which always restarted the process at around 30%.

5. Computer restarted, and the installation process started working on updating (sorry, I don't recall what the actual text on the screen was.) This was quite slow, with two restarts (as the text indicated would happen.) Around 55% complete, the process speeded up, arriving at around 75% in just a few jumps, rather than percent by percent.

6. Third restart began, which sadly gave an error message that a problem had been encountered.

7 Twice, the process gathered error information and tried to fix whatever had gone wrong.

8. After the second attempt, process went into a restore of previous version of Windows; at least that worked.

This is the first update failure on this machine, dating back to purchasing it last March or thereabouts. Any ideas, suggestions, incantations that I might follow? I don't want to try downloading and going through the same lengthy process again until I have--with luck, of course--anything that might ensure success.

As an aside, I tried twice to download the Anniversary update for my wife's computer; the search for updates stated that the machine was up-to-date, which did not list the Anniversary update.

==
    Having received no replies, I decided to risk trying to install again. This time, the process was much faster than the first attempt; for example, the first stage did not restart, it went directly to 100% and passed matters on to step two. Unfortunately once again the install failed around 72%, but at least it then restored Windows to its previous state.

I was somewhat surprised to find, this morning, that Windows Update does not show that I have a pending update for the Anniversary release. I was further surprised that, when I checked for updates, none were offered. Given that the Anniversary update has not been installed, I wonder why it was not found during the check for updates.

Not Myself, Nov 5, 2018
  4. Failure when trying to update

windows update failure 1703

shall I proceed the following steps. is there any problem with boot os.

After trying the Windows Update Troubleshooter, we suggest you follow the steps below to delete
    $WINDOWS.~BT folder:

• Open the File Explorer and click on This PC.
    • Select Local Disk (CFailure when trying to update :) (or whichever your system hard drive is).
    • Click on the View tab and put a check mark on Hidden Files.
    • Find the folder named $WINDOWS.~BT and delete it.
    • Restart your computer and try to update again to Windows 10 Creators Update.

seetharamanm, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

Failure when trying to update

1. Failure when trying to update - Similar Threads - Failure trying update

2. Fix 0x80070643 - Error Install Failure when trying to install Windows Update

in Windows 10 News
    Fix 0x80070643 - Error Install Failure when trying to install Windows Update: Microsoft released new security updates for its Windows operating system yesterday. Some administrators see the error message 0x80070643 - ERROR_INSTALL_FAILURE when they try to install the update. The update won't install and trying again throws the same error message again....
  3. Error when trying to update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error when trying to update: Hi, when I try to update I get an error 0x80080005. Can you please tell me what I can do to solve this problem ? Regards, Didier. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-when-trying-to-update/ef8a7e71-37f3-4bf2-9080-2733db8ee9f2
  4. Kernel Security Check Failure when trying to play a game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Kernel Security Check Failure when trying to play a game: I am getting Kernel Security Check Failure when trying to play a game from BattlEye Services. For example i tried to play Rainbow Six Siege today but when it launched i got bsod. So i've done all new windows updates and i checked the updates. I don't know what to do. My...
  5. Update failure

Update failure: Windows 10 update in settings is cycling around and not downloading. Have tried the troubleshooter and getting nowhere. I paused for 2 days and tried again with same result. Any suggestions appreciated....
  6. Update failure

Update failure: Last night I've updated my windows to version 1903, but now it's not booting... I can't restore previous point[IMG] Still I can't go further https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-failure/6b4fe391-f7d8-40d6-a853-e0d9a4c7925d
  7. Failure Update

Failure Update: I am stuck on Windows update version 15xx. When I start the computer I reieve a message not to unplug my USB drive or I will lose data on my Windows to Go. I am not using Windows to Go nor am I booting from a USB drive. When I attempt to update - Windows checks if my computer...
  8. Update failure

Update failure: My updates keep failing with an error code 2019-02 Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4023057) -Error 0x80070015 I have tried all the trouble shooters with no luck, this maybe linked to problems down loading from the MS store these also fail any...
  9. BSoD when trying to update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD when trying to update: Whenever I try to download the September update, my disk usage goes to 100% and the system crashes. I can do anything other than update and system never crashes. l have ranchkdsk /r with no problem detected. As for the dump file, I've only goy MEMORY.DMP which is 892MB....
  10. Windows Update Failure - Tried Everything

Windows Update Failure - Tried Everything: Hi Everyone, So I have been having major issues with my PC for several months now. I currently have installed Windows 10 home and for as long as I can remember the Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803 has been failing every time. The update manages to download onto my...