Windows 10: FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_CACHE

Discus and support FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_CACHE in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've got a load of HD-DVDs which I'm backing up while my ageing LG HD-DVD/Blu-Ray combi drive still works. I was using Handbrake, so x264 at the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SpecChum, Sep 4, 2015.

1. SpecChum Win User

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_CACHE

I've got a load of HD-DVDs which I'm backing up while my ageing LG HD-DVD/Blu-Ray combi drive still works.

I was using Handbrake, so x264 at the time. I am quite heavily overclocked at 4.6Ghz so I suspect I may need to increase the voltage slightly, but system was well and truly soak tested at the time the overclock was finalised last year. Both Prime95 and memtest ran overnight without errors, also tested with x264 before without error but this was with Windows 8.1.

Zip file attached as requested:
    Attachment 35896

:)

SpecChum, Sep 4, 2015

2. Windows 10 Inconsistent Blue Screen Error

*******************************************************************************

* Bugcheck Analysis *

*******************************************************************************

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)

A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error

source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the

WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.

Arguments:

Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception

Arg2: ffffd80d81718028, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.

Arg3: 00000000ba000000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

Arg4: 0000000000200129, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

Debugging Details:

------------------

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_GenuineIntel

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: f

STACK_TEXT:

ffff9b01`e97e76f8 fffff800`4f84027f : 00000000`00000124 00000000`00000000 ffffd80d`81718028 00000000`ba000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx

ffff9b01`e97e7700 fffff800`4faa93b4 : ffffd80d`81718028 ffffd80d`810f93d0 ffffd80d`810f93d0 ffffd80d`810f93d0 : hal!HalBugCheckSystem+0xcf

ffff9b01`e97e7740 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!WheaReportHwError+0x258

STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: hardware

IMAGE_NAME: hardware

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_CACHE

Followup: MachineOwner

Have you just changed or added any hardware?

Please try to recover the System Information file.

Gerry C J Cornell, Sep 4, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Driver Power State Failure/pci.sys error

Um, then you obviously do not know how to use it

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x9F_4_iaStorA_IMAGE_pci.sys

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Sep 4, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi SpecChum,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Remove the overclocking and see if that helps.

The error 0x124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (Windows Hardware Error Architecture)
    This means that there are problems with your hardware, unfortunately this error rarely gives enough information for a specific cause. Fortunately, this error is mostly caused by overclocking or faulty drivers.

axe0, Sep 4, 2015
  5. SpecChum Win User
    Thanks for the welcome *Smile

I think I know what it might be actually, I seem to remember I lowered the ring (cache) voltage quite a few months ago. I took it from auto which set it to a ridiculously high amount so I set it manually. I've not had 1 BSOD since, I don't think I've tried x264 since either.

I'll raise that and try the encode again *Smile

SpecChum, Sep 4, 2015
  6. SpecChum Win User
    Will do, nothing unusual in my zipped logs?

SpecChum, Sep 4, 2015
  7. ARC
    Arc Win User
    There is a fair chance that the issue is caused of RAID.
    Code: BugCheck 124, {0, ffffe0014e9de028, ff800000, 124} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for iaStorA.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for iaStorA.sys Probably caused by : GenuineIntel Followup: MachineOwner ---------[/quote] In SevenForums we have experienced it with a great frequency that RAID is problematic. So if RAID is not a must for you, dont go for RAID. Disable RAID in BIOS (which may claim a clean reinstallation of windows; usually changing the storage controller mode does not allow windows to boot up) and see how it goes.

If RAID is a must for you, seh for any possible update to Intel Chipset SATA RAID Controller in MSI India - Computer, Laptop, Notebook, Desktop, Motherboard, Graphics and more

See how it goes. Let us know.

8. axe0 New Member

In SevenForums we have experienced it with a great frequency that RAID is problematic. So if RAID is not a must for you, dont go for RAID. Disable RAID in BIOS (which may claim a clean reinstallation of windows; usually changing the storage controller mode does not allow windows to boot up) and see how it goes.

If RAID is a must for you, search for any possible update to Intel Chipset SATA RAID Controller in MSI India - Computer, Laptop, Notebook, Desktop, Motherboard, Graphics and more

See how it goes. Let us know.[/quote] This was going to be my 2nd thing to check, but thank you for posting it *Smile

axe0, Sep 4, 2015
  9. SpecChum Win User
    RAID certainly is not essential no, in fact if anyone is thinking of RAIDing 2 SSDs together, don't bother; it's unnoticeable outside of synthetic benchmarks.

I had every intention of installing back onto a single SSD next time a new install was needed.

Saying that though I dare say if RAID was the culprit I'd be seeing a BSOD of some sort more frequently. This is the only one I've had since I settled on this over clock almost 12 months ago. I game as well so PC is well used.

EDIT: I've increased the ring voltage and encoding again now, same setting. 2.5hrs left, so I'll let you know how it goes.

SpecChum, Sep 4, 2015
  10. SpecChum Win User
    16 mins left on the encode and working fine so far, crashed well before this before, but I've just realised, I did an nvidia driver update just before the BSOD and did I reboot after the update? Nope. D'oh!

Maybe the voltage increase wasn't needed at all.

SpecChum, Sep 5, 2015
  11. axe0 New Member
    Only thing that I would call unusual is missing files.

Keep us posted in case of new bluescreens.

12. SpecChum Win User
    Encode finished, nothing to report *Smile

SpecChum, Sep 5, 2015
  13. SpecChum Win User

Seems the voltage worked, or it could have been the nvidia driver but I suspect the ring voltage.

Missing files? I did delete an old log before running the tool if you mean that? It was from a known BSOD that I caused so I didn't want it in there.

SpecChum, Sep 5, 2015
  14. axe0 New Member
    No, I mean more like about 25% to 50% of the other files, that are created with the tool, missing.

15. SpecChum Win User
    Weird, I never touched the zip file.

SpecChum, Sep 5, 2015
Thema:

1. FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_CACHE - Similar Threads - FAILURE_BUCKET_ID X64_0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_CACHE

2. FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x133_DPC_winnat!PplGenericAllocateFunction

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x133_DPC_winnat!PplGenericAllocateFunction: Hello,I've got a user who is experiencing a lot of system crashes. We have updated the BIOS and all the drivers of his laptop but with no avail. Here's the memory dump relating to his issue. Can anyone give me some suggestions for resolving this issue?...
  3. FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x133_DPC_winnat!PplGenericAllocateFunction

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x133_DPC_winnat!PplGenericAllocateFunction: Hello,I've got a user who is experiencing a lot of system crashes. We have updated the BIOS and all the drivers of his laptop but with no avail. Here's the memory dump relating to his issue. Can anyone give me some suggestions for resolving this issue?...
  4. FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x133_DPC_winnat!PplGenericAllocateFunction

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION c4, MODULE_NAME: igovsd, FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION c4, MODULE_NAME: igovsd, FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:...: Hello, I am trying to figure out why my new machine is blue screening. I am pretty sure it's going to be a driver issue, but I can't figure out which one. I've tried searching for some of these error codes, but I haven't found what I'm looking for yet. Here's a OneNote link...
  6. DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION c4, MODULE_NAME: igovsd, FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:...

DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION c4, MODULE_NAME: igovsd, FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:...: Hello, I am trying to figure out why my new machine is blue screening. I am pretty sure it's going to be a driver issue, but I can't figure out which one. I've tried searching for some of these error codes, but I haven't found what I'm looking for yet. Here's a OneNote link...
  7. BSOD - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b - "FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: IP_MISALIGNED_GenuineIntel.sys" -...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b - "FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: IP_MISALIGNED_GenuineIntel.sys" -...: I am using Windows 10 - 64 biti9 - 13 generationrtx 4080 16 gb graphic card-----------------------------------------------------Dump file:https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Slmf2LJowYZZkBy8r9NQdtYbqcsm9rA5?usp=sharing...
  8. BSOD - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b - "FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: IP_MISALIGNED_GenuineIntel.sys" -...

BSOD - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b - "FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: IP_MISALIGNED_GenuineIntel.sys" -...: I am using Windows 10 - 64 biti9 - 13 generationrtx 4080 16 gb graphic card-----------------------------------------------------Dump file:https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Slmf2LJowYZZkBy8r9NQdtYbqcsm9rA5?usp=sharing...
  9. BSOD - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b - "FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: IP_MISALIGNED_GenuineIntel.sys" -...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: AV_nt!MiWalkVaCheckCommon Assistance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: AV_nt!MiWalkVaCheckCommon Assistance: Was using GoPlayAlong4. System has been crashing randomly but regularly this past couple of weeks.************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories ************** ExtensionRepository : Implicit UseExperimentalFeatureForNugetShare : false...
Tags: