Windows 10: Fair warning - The GPU drivers are also on a fresh install after a DDU clean

Discus and support Fair warning - The GPU drivers are also on a fresh install after a DDU clean in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Fair warning - this is going to be a real poop show! I'm looking to end this system BSOD'ing regularly with several different codes - Watchdog... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GEC, Jan 25, 2020.

1. GEC
    GEC Win User

Fair warning - The GPU drivers are also on a fresh install after a DDU clean

Fair warning - this is going to be a real poop show!

I'm looking to end this system BSOD'ing regularly with several different codes - Watchdog timeouts, Memory management, and probably a few others. The likely culprit based on this system's history is drivers or memory. It has a smattering of hardware which has been attached, removed, reattached, and otherwise handled in ways that strain driver integrity.

The only area I would not suspect is GPU - there will be some GPU crashing in the logs due to those being significantly overclocked when running 3DMark tests, which should be ignored. The GPU drivers are also on a fresh install after a DDU clean.

I included both the V2 Log Collector and I went ahead with a log from Driver Verifier which instantly BSOD'd startup until removed.

BSOD - Google Drive

Thanks,

(Win10 E 1903, if it matters.)

:)

2. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Jan 25, 2020
  3. dmccoy Win User
    Nvidia driver problem with 940 MX on Windows 10 x64

Please make a restore point and then perform the following steps to completely remove the older driver and install the new driver. If it still does not work then we can troubleshoot.

Display Driver Uninstall Utility

Important: Pay attention to the warnings DDU gives you. If you end up hosing your system somehow, you're on your own -- They are not responsible for your goofs and will not help you fix it. Honestly this shouldn't ever be an issue but some of you folks run on pretty janky setups.

1. Download the latest version of Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU for short)
    2. Download the latest driver package from your GPU manufacturer.
    NVIDIA
    (Change options as needed).

1. Extract DDU and Run Display Driver Uninstaller.exe.
    2. Follow the prompts to reboot into Safe Mode.
    3. Once in Safe Mode, DDU will launch itself automatically and you can begin the driver removal process
    4. Select the appropriate driver type
    5. click the "Clean and restart" button
    6. After DDU is finished and you're back in normal Windows, things probably look pretty crappy! Install the GPU driver package you downloaded earlier.
    7. Once the driver installation process is complete, reboot one last time.

Now you can test to see if the issue you were experiencing has been resolved.

<https://obsproject.com/forum/resourc...stallation.65/>

dmccoy, Jan 25, 2020
  4. Fair warning - The GPU drivers are also on a fresh install after a DDU clean

BSOD Driver_power_state_failure when installing NVIDIA DRIVER

Have you tried using DDU to uninstall all drivers possible on the GPU then installing fresh new drivers? You can download DDU at

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-dri...

This program will completely clean out your GPU drivers. After that, use the nvidia site to install fresh drivers.

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Zackary Vanosdol, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

Fair warning - The GPU drivers are also on a fresh install after a DDU clean

1. Fair warning - The GPU drivers are also on a fresh install after a DDU clean - Similar Threads - Fair warning GPU

2. Corrupted fresh install and gpu drivers problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Corrupted fresh install and gpu drivers problems: I have a problem with windows getting corrupted on the fresh installation. After fresh windows installation i dont install any other things and go to cmd and check with sfc /verifyonly. It always says that some files are corrupted and its always the same things. After...
  3. Corrupted fresh install and gpu drivers problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted fresh install and gpu drivers problems: I have a problem with windows getting corrupted on the fresh installation. After fresh windows installation i dont install any other things and go to cmd and check with sfc /verifyonly. It always says that some files are corrupted and its always the same things. After...
  4. Corrupted fresh install and gpu drivers problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Memory Management BSODs. Clear on Memory Diagnostic , Memtest86. Clean DDU Drivers. Fresh...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory Management BSODs. Clear on Memory Diagnostic , Memtest86. Clean DDU Drivers. Fresh...: Hello Everyone As per the subject been having the above issue , PC specs are as follows:i5 12400, B660M DS3H AX Gigabyte Motherboard , Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 16x2 CL18 RAM XMP Enabled, Samsung 970 EVO Plus Boot Drive, Kingston SATA SSD, WD HDD. GPU GTX 970 G1 Gaming. PSU:...
  6. Memory Management BSODs. Clear on Memory Diagnostic , Memtest86. Clean DDU Drivers. Fresh...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Memory Management BSODs. Clear on Memory Diagnostic , Memtest86. Clean DDU Drivers. Fresh...: Hello Everyone As per the subject been having the above issue , PC specs are as follows:i5 12400, B660M DS3H AX Gigabyte Motherboard , Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 16x2 CL18 RAM XMP Enabled, Samsung 970 EVO Plus Boot Drive, Kingston SATA SSD, WD HDD. GPU GTX 970 G1 Gaming. PSU:...
  7. Memory Management BSODs. Clear on Memory Diagnostic , Memtest86. Clean DDU Drivers. Fresh...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Missing drivers after clean install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing drivers after clean install: My son's ACER Aspire A515-51G that he uses for school was running very slow and at times wouldn't boot. I tried to use the recovery USB to reset it to factory but it would hang at 30% every time and didn't matter which way I tried from inside Windows, booting from the USB,...
  9. Fair warning regarding 2004 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fair warning regarding 2004 update: I dunno what the devs and testers are getting paid for at microsoft, but updating to the 2004 version of win10 removed office 365 from my pc. Outlook.exe is simply not found, the rest of the apps wont start. Congrats for the great update! submitted by...
  10. Nvidia GPU but laptop also has INTEL GPU drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia GPU but laptop also has INTEL GPU drivers: New Dell laptop with Windows 10Pro. Laptop has an optional NVidia MX250 GPU. I installed that latest NV drivers. I also went into the Dell control manager system where it looked for updates for drivers. It updated A few drivers incl and update to BIOS but It also seemed to...