Windows 10: Fairly random BSOD, event 41, kernel-power (newly built PC)

Discus and support Fairly random BSOD, event 41, kernel-power (newly built PC) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I've just built a PC and within a day it has had BSOD a couple of times. The event viewer says event 41, kernel-power, category 63 When I did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sarcastic Goats, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Fairly random BSOD, event 41, kernel-power (newly built PC)

So I've just built a PC and within a day it has had BSOD a couple of times. The event viewer says event 41, kernel-power, category 63

When I did build my computer the RAM was an issue, and was fixed after moving it to a different slot. It's DDR4 in a LGA1151 board, and it's the Crucial Ballistix 1x8GB, and I'm guessing it's something to do with that

But I'll include the debug file anyway to verify this.

Cheers

Attachment 34962

:)

Sarcastic Goats, Aug 30, 2015

2. BSOD after forced shutdown

Thank you

But can kernel power 41 cause bsod, i looked at event viewer, the bugcheck code is 0, if yes will it happen again?

DuckHappy321, Aug 30, 2015
  3. Randomly restarting laptop

Kernel ID 41:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/202850...

Usually, if there is no BSOD, shutting down randomly is due to either overheating or a faulty Battery unit.

I remember some BIOS updates led to Random shutdowns in January. Did you apply a BIOS update in the laptop in Feb?

Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 30, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Fairly random BSOD, event 41, kernel-power (newly built PC)

Hi Sarcastic Goats,

Welcome to the 10forums.

While I'm taking a look at the information
    Please fill in your system specsPlease go to this site and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.How to fill in your system specs:

Fairly random BSOD, event 41, kernel-power (newly built PC) [​IMG]

Fairly random BSOD, event 41, kernel-power (newly built PC) [​IMG]

5. axe0 New Member
    The cause of the crashes is your network card, the driver is old and needs updating
    Check for driver updates here

Code: 3: kd> lmvm athurxstart end module name fffff801`bb400000 fffff801`bb5de000 athurx T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: athurx.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\athurx.sys Image name: athurx.sys Timestamp: Wed Apr 20 12:07:45 2011 (4DAEB071) CheckSum: 001E1C78 ImageSize: 001DE000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

6. [/quote] Is this the LAN or the wireless receiver? It's a TP Link WN722N

Edit: So I'm guessing it's the wireless receiver, apparently it is:
    Chipset: Atheros AR9002U

WI1 chip1: Atheros AR9271

There's a driver for the AR9271 and for the AR9002WB, so which one do I use?

7. axe0 New Member
    Sorry, I thought I had added the device.
    Check in your device manager, maybe there is the information you need.

8. Fairly random BSOD, event 41, kernel-power (newly built PC)

Alright I'll check, thanks

9. It uses AR2971 which isn't available for Windows 10, I'll just use the homeplug (although, again made by TP-link are known for dropping out)

10. axe0 New Member
    No driver for windows 10, but it is still good to update the driver.
    I cannot say for sure, but my guess would be that updating the driver (even though there is no windows 10 driver available) may solve the crash.

11. Will this be different to the TP-link one, because right now it's running the latest driver off the TP-Link website

12. axe0 New Member
    There are 3 known update sites for this driver and 1 of them is the site of TP-Link, so I don't think it'll be a problem.

Thema:

Fairly random BSOD, event 41, kernel-power (newly built PC)

1. Fairly random BSOD, event 41, kernel-power (newly built PC) - Similar Threads - Fairly random BSOD

2. kernel-power event 41 BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    kernel-power event 41 BSODs: To get a couple things out of the way first, I don't know when these problems started neither do I know exactly what could have caused them.I am am pretty much a noob at debugging so providing a bit more explanation with your answers or explaining what would be useful...
  3. kernel-power event 41 BSODs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    kernel-power event 41 BSODs: To get a couple things out of the way first, I don't know when these problems started neither do I know exactly what could have caused them.I am am pretty much a noob at debugging so providing a bit more explanation with your answers or explaining what would be useful...
  4. kernel-power event 41 BSODs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Random Bluescreen Kernel-Power Event 41

Random Bluescreen Kernel-Power Event 41: My system randomly bluescreen even after i update my windows or reinstall my windows. I tried sfc /scannow but there's no violation have been found. I already check windows memory diagnostic too and no issue. Here the minidump...
  6. PC randomly restarts w/o BSOD Kernel Power Event 41

PC randomly restarts w/o BSOD Kernel Power Event 41: As my title states, my PC has been restarting out of blue w/o any BSOD or anything. I've noticed it only happens when I've been playing games for multiple hours and it doesn't happen when I play EXCLUSIVELY games launched through Uplay launcher. It's funny because when I...
  7. Random Kernel-Power 41 BSODs

Random Kernel-Power 41 BSODs: Hello, Since late January 2020, my computer has suffered from about 50 blue screens, all from the error Kernel-Power 41 63. The crash can occur at any time. It has happened within a minute of startup, or several hours into a gaming session which is what the computer is...
  8. BSOD - Event 41 Kernel Power

BSOD - Event 41 Kernel Power: Hi there, I am having trouble with my computer freezing to the point where it does not respond (the mouse is still moving fine though) and where I have BSOD maybe once a week. I could get used to it since it poped only when playing Paradox Studio games, but now it's...
  9. Newly Built PC random BSODs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Newly Built PC random BSODs: I just built this PC and I keep getting random BSODs. I used driver verifier and it showed that there is a issue with the sound driver. I updated it, but I still get the bsods but am not sure if it is for a different reason. . The PC also started randomly stuttering after the...
  10. BSOD kernel power event 41 error random

BSOD kernel power event 41 error random: Hi guys, I'm posting this thread for a friend, hes having some issues with BSOD's. The BSOD event are completely random. He's not doing anything special when hes having the errors. System is not under full load when this happens aswell. My friends computer specs are:...