Windows 10: FAKE AD LEADS TO MALWARE SITE

Discus and support FAKE AD LEADS TO MALWARE SITE in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; In a Bing search, I came across an online ad which lists our company name, our web address and other info about our company. Click on the ad and you... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by FranklinProperty, Sep 30, 2019.

1. FAKE AD LEADS TO MALWARE SITE

In a Bing search, I came across an online ad which lists our company name, our web address and other info about our company. Click on the ad and you will be redirected to somewhere else. We did not place any online ads.

To whom would I direct an inquiry?

:)

FranklinProperty, Sep 30, 2019
  2. Borg 386 Win User

Beware this fake Windows BSOD from tech support scammers' malware

Microsoft: Beware this fake Windows BSOD from tech support scammers' malware | ZDNet

FAKE AD LEADS TO MALWARE SITE [​IMG]

Borg 386, Sep 30, 2019
  3. specific fake update

In addition to the prior reply...

Suggestion to get a good advertisement blocker. I, personally, use Firefox as a browser and uBlock Origin for blocking ads etc and have never seen such fake alerts/warnings...

See
    this
    post with a list of helpful links...

Regarding your question " I do't use windows defender for anything. Is it for malware?":

Windows Defender is in Windows 8/8.1/10 an Anti-Virus program.

See
    this
    post for more information.

Jsssssssss, Sep 30, 2019
  4. Borg 386 Win User

FAKE AD LEADS TO MALWARE SITE

Windows Meltdown-Spectre: Watch out fake patches that spread malware

Windows Meltdown-Spectre: Watch out for fake patches that spread malware

Windows Meltdown-Spectre: Watch out for fake patches that spread malware | ZDNet

This fake Spectre/Meltdown patch will infect your PC with malware - TechRepublic

Borg 386, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

FAKE AD LEADS TO MALWARE SITE

1. FAKE AD LEADS TO MALWARE SITE - Similar Threads - FAKE LEADS MALWARE

2. mobile hotspot leads to "site can't be reached"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mobile hotspot leads to "site can't be reached": using windows 10 with latest updates new laptop . getting a lot of "site can't be reached" while using mobile hotspot. when i disconnect the internet and connect again, the problem resolves but it keeps happening. can someone assist?...
  3. mobile hotspot leads to "site can't be reached"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mobile hotspot leads to "site can't be reached": using windows 10 with latest updates new laptop . getting a lot of "site can't be reached" while using mobile hotspot. when i disconnect the internet and connect again, the problem resolves but it keeps happening. can someone assist?...
  4. mobile hotspot leads to "site can't be reached"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. block fake virus site

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    block fake virus site: I keep getting fake "you have a virus" messages from top-captcsharesolver.com. How do I block this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/block-fake-virus-site/6cba62ca-cf63-4a3e-a55a-571e7aeba35c
  6. Is this a fake scammer site? or Microsoft?

Is this a fake scammer site? or Microsoft?: I searched error code 30088-4 and saw information on https://**** and thought I was on Microsoft. I let them remotely access but then kicked them off. There were no popups but they did look at registry I think. My Windows 10 is up to date and I have virus protection and...
  7. Fake malware notice(?)

Fake malware notice(?): I got this notice when I turned on my PC, i checked microsoft’s technical support phone number list and didnt see the number listed below, so im pretty sure this is fake, but how can I make sure my PC is truly safe? If i got this message how can I know for sure that I dont...
  8. Fake Microsoft malware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fake Microsoft malware: my sister (truly) clicked on a news site that seems to have hijacked her computer. The Microsoft scam and when she didnt click on the button they called her. She cant get into her internet home page. She unplugged, restarted, etc. It boots normally and then the hacked page...
  9. Beware Of The Fake Firefox Needs A Update Site

Beware Of The Fake Firefox Needs A Update Site: As Of 12/29/18 There Has Been A Increase Of Scammer Sites Telling You Need A Critical Firefox Update Mozilla Corporation Does Know About This And Has Added A Protection Feature To Prevent Downloading This Malicious Firefox Update Mozilla Does Not Prompt You To Download A...
  10. pop up ad at end of game in Microsoft Solitaire leading to scam site

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pop up ad at end of game in Microsoft Solitaire leading to scam site: With each game of Solitaire, at the end, I receive a pop up that leads to a scam site for bitcoins. The following links to the Mirror about the website. Tried actually contacting microsoft, but all I'm getting is the useless virtual agent, and not even being sent to talk to a...