Windows 10: Fake Crucial Ram?

Discus and support Fake Crucial Ram? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I bought 16gb ram few days from amazon and recently bought 32gb ram as well from amazon as I was thinking using 32gb ram is better for futureproof.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by paulyjustin, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Fake Crucial Ram?

So I bought 16gb ram few days from amazon and recently bought 32gb ram as well from amazon as I was thinking using 32gb ram is better for futureproof.

When I just opened both of those packages, well not the package but just the envelope so it still has the packaging

It shows on one end of the ram with these addresses

Both show Germany, Idaho and Singapore as 3 addresses on the front of the package.

Now on the back of it...

The 16gb with two 8gb sticks show Product of Malaysia

The 32gb with two 16gb sticks show Assembled in Mexico

Both have a ton of numbers on it etc.

The thing that confuses me is Assembled in Mexico? They have crucial ram made in Mexico? Is there any chance it is counterfeit? Note i received both packages in 2 separate packages as i got the 16gb earlier but didn't open the envelope for the package until now. So if the 32gb ram showed product of malaysia... i wouldn't think any of it.

Thoughts? Are there fake ram out there? I bought it off amazon.com and shipped from amazon and not a 3rd party.

- - - Updated - - -

The packaging doesn't look opened but then again Im sure someone could fix it up very easily?

Also if this isn't in the right subforum, can a mod move it to the correct one? I think it should be in pc custom builds and overclocking?

:)

paulyjustin, Oct 8, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 8, 2020
  3. To RAM or not to RAM...

Hey genesis what hardware have you bought, you might be able to save on the ram and step up the rest of the hardware a little...

Or you could go out on the town as suggested... *Big Grin Fake Crucial Ram? :D

DrunkenMafia, Oct 8, 2020
  4. Fake Crucial Ram?

Vintage: Acer Aspire One 722 {Ram Questions}

Hi Captain.

While I'm not answering your question on a new AV I would suggest as a possible step, upgrading your ram.

Crucial has ram for your device. $40 (not sure about tax or shipping) Your device seems to have one slot so you would need the 4GB stick. As you are using 32bit OS you can only use of 3GB. Crucial says you have one slot for memory and tear down videos seem to confirm this.

Here is the Crucial Link. Confirm for yourself that this is the right device. (Acer Aspire One 722-0022)

http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compat...e-one-722-0022

Then here are the step by steps to replace.

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Acer+As...lacement/53216

Memory is static sensitive. Not as much of an issue when it is humid but still something to be aware of. If you don't want to buy a ground strap touch something that is grounded before starting the procedure and then don't go looking for things. Stay seated and perform. You should be fine.

External ram ??? Even if you could buy you wouldn't have port with sufficient speed to connect.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 8, 2020
Thema:

Fake Crucial Ram?

1. Fake Crucial Ram? - Similar Threads - Fake Crucial Ram

2. Crucial Storage Executive (CSE) and External Crucial SSDs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crucial Storage Executive (CSE) and External Crucial SSDs: I have two Crucial MX500 SSDs which were installed internally and CSE was useful for checking the health of the SSDs and installing firmware updates. CSE includes five modules that support the SSDs: - System Information Drive Details SMART Firmware Updates Device Self-test I...
  3. Crucial Storage Executive 6.09

Crucial Storage Executive 6.09: Hello. I don't know why but this version isn't displayed properly. Going back to 6.06 169161
  4. Are they fake?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Are they fake?: Hi all, I've got a doubt on an app and an update - the app is Apple Software Updater- I can't clearly remember the name, and the update is Android preview .NET something. My classmate Louis- he's in this website has this app called Apple Software Updater which he doesn't...
  5. Unable to contact Crucial UK

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to contact Crucial UK: Hi Guys, I ordered 2 sticks of ram from Crucial uk in September and have not yet received my order. I have phoned them and when I get through the connection is totally unusable from their end, it is breaking up so bad that I could not get any info over at all. I have seen...
  6. Crucial Storage Executive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Crucial Storage Executive: Hi I have a new system I designed myself. Windows 10, 2004. I been using Crucials Storage Executive since I got a Crucial M.2 SSD. Today the software said upgrade availible to 6.06, and a button to upgrade. (I have 6.05) The upgrade inside the software did ran its thing and...
  7. Fake

Fake: That Geometry Run app is broken. It keeps crashing. I will never download such fake apps. What?! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fake/00b88be5-d70f-498d-b056-b241d25190b5
  8. Faking RAM amount to play a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Faking RAM amount to play a game: Hello! I have a computer that has 6GB of RAM (2x2GB + 2x1GB) and no free RAM slot. I wanted to play Forza Horizon 4 that has minimum RAM requirement 8GB. Every time I load the game I get an annoying warning that I do not have the minimum system requirement for low settings...
  9. I've stumped crucial

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I've stumped crucial: Probably posted this in the wrong section, but deletion not possible. Went to crucial.com to purchase an M2 SSD for my ASUS H110M-C2 motherboard. Got this: Well, this is embarrassing! No system match was found. Somehow, a match for your system has eluded our industry-leading...
  10. I've stumped crucial

in Windows 10 Support
    I've stumped crucial: Probably posted this in the wrong section, but deletion not possible. Went to crucial.com to purchase an M2 SSD for my ASUS H110M-C2 motherboard. Got this: Well, this is embarrassing! No system match was found. Somehow, a match for your system has eluded our industry-leading...