Windows 10: Fake dual display on 1 screen

Discus and support Fake dual display on 1 screen in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am looking to take 1 monitor and make windows think it is actually 2 separate monitors. I need to run 2 programs in full screen mode and as of now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dennis691, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Fake dual display on 1 screen

I am looking to take 1 monitor and make windows think it is actually 2 separate monitors. I need to run 2 programs in full screen mode and as of now the only way to accomplish this is with 2 monitors. I would love to be able to use 1 wide screen monitor and trick windows into thinking there the left side of the screen is monitor 1 and the right side is monitor 2.

anyone know how?

submitted by /u/dennis691
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dennis691, Jan 19, 2021

2. Issue with black screen, dual display, ATI Integrated GPU

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to go to device manager and disable the display drivers, check whether the issue persists or not.

• Press Windows + X keys and click
      Device manager.
    • Click to expand Display adapters, right click the second adapter and click
      Disable.
    • Restart the computer and check whether the issue persists or not.
    • Repeat the same steps to disable the first display adapter and check if it helps.

If you find the issue is with anyone of the display adapters then, I suggest you to update the display drivers from the manufactures website for Windows 10 and check if it helps.

Method 2: I suggest you to follow the steps form the below article for
    “Black Screen” issues and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Jan 19, 2021
  3. Taskbar displaying in an incorrect position when using scaling on a dual monitor setup

Hi Jav,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the display on dual monitor. Do not worry will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the make and model of your device?

This issue might have occurred due to display drivers. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the display drivers and check if the issue persists.

Steps to Update Graphics Driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Also, check if the issue persists on 100% screen resolution as well.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 19, 2021
  4. Fake dual display on 1 screen

Lucas Zampieri, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

Fake dual display on 1 screen

1. Fake dual display on 1 screen - Similar Threads - Fake dual display

2. Display number added by 1 for both dual monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display number added by 1 for both dual monitor: I'm using Windows 10 and using ControlMyMonitor tool, I found that "\\.\DISPLAY1\Monitor0" bacome "\\.\DISPLAY2\Monitor0" and "\\.\DISPLAY2\Monitor0" became "\\.\DISPLAY3\Monitor0", I mean display number has been added by 1 for each. But in Windows settings, identify in...
  3. Display number added by 1 for both dual monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display number added by 1 for both dual monitor: I'm using Windows 10 and using ControlMyMonitor tool, I found that "\\.\DISPLAY1\Monitor0" bacome "\\.\DISPLAY2\Monitor0" and "\\.\DISPLAY2\Monitor0" became "\\.\DISPLAY3\Monitor0", I mean display number has been added by 1 for each. But in Windows settings, identify in...
  4. Display number added by 1 for both dual monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Dual Display: Window of Display 2 on Display 1?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Display: Window of Display 2 on Display 1?: My setup: PC is connected to a 22" monitor display 1 on a desk. Second monitor display 2 is a large screen television in the waiting room not visible from desk that runs an application that routes customers to specific service windows. Is there a way to see a small windowed...
  6. Dual Display: Window of Display 2 on Display 1?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Display: Window of Display 2 on Display 1?: My setup: PC is connected to a 22" monitor display 1 on a desk. Second monitor display 2 is a large screen television in the waiting room not visible from desk that runs an application that routes customers to specific service windows. Is there a way to see a small windowed...
  7. Dual Display: Window of Display 2 on Display 1?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Dual display moving open windows to screen 1 after PC is locked

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dual display moving open windows to screen 1 after PC is locked: Hi Everyone, After my PC got upgraded to win 10 20H2, I am facing this weird issue with displays. When I lock my Pc and come back and unlock my all the open windows from Screen 2 are moved over to screen 1 by itself and screen 1 becomes clutter. Sometimes I have seen...
  9. Fake 3rd Display?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fake 3rd Display?: I am a teacher working with a laptop, a projector, and a tv connected via Chromecast. My current setup is Computer connected to projector for 2nd display and simulcasting that display over to the Chromecast TV, so it displays on multiple screens in the room; however, there...
  10. Dual screen displays

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual screen displays: I am running Windows 10 and have dual screens. When I booted up this morning, main desktop displayed correctly but 2nd screen was upside down. I rebooted, which corrected 2nd screen problem, but main screen is now blank. The second screen now only detects 1 computer and will...