Windows 10: Fake email addresses in my contacts

Discus and support Fake email addresses in my contacts in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I am sending an email and start typing in the name, the suggestions come up. Frequently there is the real name and email, and right under it one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Golfnut5, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Golfnut5 Win User

Fake email addresses in my contacts

When I am sending an email and start typing in the name, the suggestions come up. Frequently there is the real name and email, and right under it one that looks almost the same. I would like to remove these asap but don't have a "contacts" spot any more.

I am unwilling to import anything from anywhere, I just want to get rid of these. Why did you remove the folder of contacts?????

:)

Golfnut5, Jun 11, 2019
  2. OrbitzXT Win User

Yahoo Email Contacts List

At work I have a rather large list of contacts, sometimes I have multiple email addresses within one single contact. For example, lets say I have a contact "Bob", within that contact I have L: emailaddress1@techpowerupisawesome.com and L: emailaddress2@techpowerupisawesome.com. When I begin a new email, if I type "Bob", both of these addresses will appear, but I can only select one. I'd like to select both without having to retype Bob to make the list appear again to click the other.

I'm aware you can click the "To:" button to make the list of contacts appear, but you need to scroll down and find your contact, then shift click to select them all. Scrolling around can be troublesome with the amount of contacts I have. I'm not really interested in making groups for various reasons.

So is what I'm trying to do possible or am I asking too much?

OrbitzXT, Jun 11, 2019
  3. davidhk Win User
    Email contacts missing

1. If you open Mail app and click the + sign for New mail > type first couple of letters of a contact name > will a list of suggested names appear ?

2. Go to All apps > scroll to P > click People. Is the contact list there ?

davidhk, Jun 11, 2019
  4. Bastet Win User

Win10 Mail - where's the address book?

That’s now the People app. Fake email addresses in my contacts :)
    If you know the contact's name or email address & they’re listed in the People app, you can start typing the first few letters of their name or email address and Mail for Windows 10 will suggest matching contacts.

Bastet, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Fake email addresses in my contacts - Similar Threads - Fake email addresses

2. Deleting obsolete contact email addresses

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting obsolete contact email addresses: I have deleted out-of-date email addresses for my contacts in outlook.live.com but they still show up as options in the autocomplete both here and in the Windows app. For example, I now have 6 addresses to wade through on the autocomplete for my husband no delete buttons...
  3. Deleting obsolete contact email addresses

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting obsolete contact email addresses: I have deleted out-of-date email addresses for my contacts in outlook.live.com but they still show up as options in the autocomplete both here and in the Windows app. For example, I now have 6 addresses to wade through on the autocomplete for my husband no delete buttons...
  4. Is this a Fake Email?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is this a Fake Email?: How do I confirm receiving a phishing email supposedly from Microsoft? Is there someone at Microsoft that I can forward the email for confirmation?[Original Title: Fake Email]...
  5. Fake Email

Fake Email: How do I confirm receiving a phishing email supposedly from Microsoft? Is there someone at Microsoft that I can forward the email for confirmation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/fake-email/409c9f2b-891b-46ab-8bf2-0ccb293cb940
  6. fake emails

fake emails: HelloTo who this may concern, I am concerned about an email that was sent in April regarding the updating of your terms of use, and the cancelation of my account.How do I know If I have now been compromised, after clicking on a link regarding all the terms and conditions in...
  7. Fake email

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Fake email: Just received an email. It says HiThank you for your purchase through Microsoft. Here is an overview of your recent purchase:Invoiced to:Email : *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Details:Payment Method: 112612498Invoice ID: WIN48974984-66629Invoice Date: 04 June...
  8. *** Email address is removed for privacy *** is this fake

*** Email address is removed for privacy *** is this fake: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** is this fake mail ,,, why no action taken from last 2 years i got this mail today in hindi language what security is this,, आपको यह ईमेल इसलिए प्राप्त हुआ है, क्योंकि हम Microsoft सेवा अनुबंध को अद्यतन कर रहे हैं, जो आपके...
  9. Fake Email?

Fake Email?: I received an email today and want to know if it is a SCAM? Thanks, Nana JKM [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/fake-email/5d4792c8-baac-442c-a228-816811f74ef0
  10. Contact email address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Contact email address: How can I delete a contact's email address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/contact-email-address/4051609a-e9d4-4651-ab0c-1f83d968e333