Windows 10: Fake McAfee Notification Alert

Discus and support Fake McAfee Notification Alert in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My OS is Windows 10 my browser is Google Chrome but after getting thsi POP UP while on google chrome I got it while off line with all browsers closed... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RobertFranch, Jun 25, 2021.

1. Fake McAfee Notification Alert

My OS is Windows 10 my browser is Google Chrome but after getting thsi POP UP while on google chrome I got it while off line with all browsers closed on my desk top . beginning this morning I get a POP UP every hour so fror30-60 seconds or so in the lower left hand corner of my screen This message can pop up wither im on line OR OFF LINE ON MY DESK TOP so the mal ware is loaded on my computor and I can not close the pop up by clicking out side of the box . It comes and goes at will out sdie of my control; . remaining there for a minute or so each time saying :" McAFee ALERT : YOUR COMPUTOR

:)

RobertFranch, Jun 25, 2021
  2. Fabler2 Win User

Fake Virus Alert Popups with Edge browser

Check that the tab it starts with is unpinned. When that site opens click the lock icon in address bar and block notifications. Just some suggestions.

Fake McAfee Notification Alert [​IMG]

Fabler2, Jun 25, 2021
  3. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Jun 25, 2021
  4. Fake McAfee Notification Alert

Fake Virus Alert Popups with Edge browser

Sorry mate. Ive just been rereading all the posts in this thread and Ive just realised that I must have misread your advice last week. You were suggesting closing from Tab at the top of the Edge browser screen and not the close box on the Fake Virus Alert window..sorry for my confusion! Also Ive now seen that you can right click on any of the other open Tabs at the very top of the Edge screen and I see there are two other options- Close other Tabs and Close Tabs to the right. Im wondering if your suggestion of closing the Fake Virus Alert from its Tab by clicking on its X or any of these options might do exactly the same thing as closing down the Edge process using Task Manager achieves.
    The main thing is that you aren't supposed to click on any of the boxes in the Fake Popup window when it appears as doing so can activate malware but you still have to completely close its window down somehow.

sportsfan148, Jun 25, 2021
Thema:

Fake McAfee Notification Alert

1. Fake McAfee Notification Alert - Similar Threads - Fake McAfee Notification

2. Mcafee Notifications.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Mcafee Notifications.: So, I don't like the mcafee antivirus, so I installed a different antivirus. My mcafee free trial expired about a year ago, but it still has annoying popups every hour that get in the way of whatever I'm doing and tell me I have no protection and need to buy their...
  3. Fake McAfee Popups

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fake McAfee Popups: I just started getting fake McAfee popups yesterday. I have a one year old HP laptop running Windows 11 Pro with this hardware: IntelR CoreTM i5-1035G1 CPU @ 1.00GHz 1.20 GHz and 8 Gb of Ram. I looked at Microsoft Edge settings, extensions, etcetera, etcetera. I looked at...
  4. Fake McAfee Popups

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fake McAfee Popups: I just started getting fake McAfee popups yesterday. I have a one year old HP laptop running Windows 11 Pro with this hardware: IntelR CoreTM i5-1035G1 CPU @ 1.00GHz 1.20 GHz and 8 Gb of Ram. I looked at Microsoft Edge settings, extensions, etcetera, etcetera. I looked at...
  5. trojan virus alert by McAfee

trojan virus alert by McAfee: * I just bought a new PC. McAfee was preinstalled on trial basis. I have been getting trojan virus alert by McAfee. It is also asking me to pay and renew McAfee subscription in order to remove the virus. Is this a scam? * I want to use Window Defender but it keeps saying I...
  6. Stop McAfee notifications

Stop McAfee notifications: My daughters ultrabook has Windows 10 on it. She does not have McAfee installed. Yet recently she started getting lots of notifications from McAfee, about 5 or 6 a minute. She temporarily solved the problem by just turning off notifications, but I am hoping to fix the problem...
  7. Fake Virus Alert Popups with Edge browser

Fake Virus Alert Popups with Edge browser: How do you guys get rid of those nuisance Fake Virus Alert Popups with the Edge browser? Usually you can just press Ctrl + Alt + Delete, then select Task Manager and end the Edge process. But Ive noticed that when you start Edge up again from the taskbar it automatically...
  8. Fake Virus Alert Popups with Edge browser

in Windows 10 Support
    Fake Virus Alert Popups with Edge browser: How do you guys get rid of those nuisance Fake Virus Alert Popups with the Edge browser? Usually you can just press Ctrl + Alt + Delete, then select Task Manager and end the Edge process. But Ive noticed that when you start Edge up again from the taskbar it automatically...
  9. What Notification to Alert...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What Notification to Alert...: Hello Community Members... I have Windows 10 Home Edition 64 bit... When I get a notification in the Action Centre for a email I click it and it opens the Mail App... I have the Outlook App pinned to the Task Bar and would like: When I click the email...
  10. *Alert* Fake Cheap 2TB Flash Drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    *Alert* Fake Cheap 2TB Flash Drives: Don't even think of buying a 2TB flash drive for under $2,000. There are cheap fake 2TB thumb drives being offered on the internet with spoofed controllers. Watch theis video from Gamers Nexus and here what Steve Burke say's. Kix3JKn08OU Published on Feb 25, 2017...