Windows 10: Fake Microsoft Call or Not?

Discus and support Fake Microsoft Call or Not? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have been getting calls saying I have a refund from Microsoft (but I did not buy anything). I have been getting calls from Microsoft saying I have... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Beth(172)_, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Fake Microsoft Call or Not?

I have been getting calls saying I have a refund from Microsoft (but I did not buy anything). I have been getting calls from Microsoft saying I have been hacked by other countries. For awhile I actually got "danger notices" in my email where the screen turned red with an alert sound and it was hard to delete. It said I had been hacked and if I tried to delete the message it would do something terrible and to call Microsoft right away. This one finally quit appearing. Are these legit or not?

:)

Beth(172)_, Feb 21, 2019
  2. Borg 386 Win User

Beware this fake Windows BSOD from tech support scammers' malware

Microsoft: Beware this fake Windows BSOD from tech support scammers' malware | ZDNet

Fake Microsoft Call or Not? [​IMG]

Borg 386, Feb 21, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 21, 2019
  4. jds63 Win User

Fake Microsoft Call or Not?

directx 12 fake?

Thanks, i have tried that recently no change, as i kept the old driver in these cases. Next step is to try to reinstall this game. Any settings changes do nothing in game. Weird how has not happened throughout half the game till i reach this mission only in game all others before were fine.

Notice back round, especially the trees being doubled plus off colors.

Fake Microsoft Call or Not? [​IMG]

jds63, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

Fake Microsoft Call or Not?

1. Fake Microsoft Call or Not? - Similar Threads - Fake Microsoft Call

2. Call from David Parler suscpicious fake Microsoft employee

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Call from David Parler suscpicious fake Microsoft employee: Hi,I received a call from a guy who said is David Parker, and who later passed on the call to a "senior officer" named Chetan Bansal. They were telling me Microsoft received warnings and errors form my computer. Unfortunately I believed them up to the point I found on the...
  3. Call from David Parler suscpicious fake Microsoft employee

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Call from David Parler suscpicious fake Microsoft employee: Hi,I received a call from a guy who said is David Parker, and who later passed on the call to a "senior officer" named Chetan Bansal. They were telling me Microsoft received warnings and errors form my computer. Unfortunately I believed them up to the point I found on the...
  4. Call from David Parler suscpicious fake Microsoft employee

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Recieving a fake call

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recieving a fake call: My grandmother and I live togethor. As I was leaving my school and coming home I called her and told her I was coming home. When I came home, like one hour later, she recieved a call from me. This isn't first time. Call was from messanger but my sister picked up phone as my...
  6. Recieving a fake call

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recieving a fake call: My grandmother and I live togethor. As I was leaving my school and coming home I called her and told her I was coming home. When I came home, like one hour later, she recieved a call from me. This isn't first time. Call was from messanger but my sister picked up phone as my...
  7. fake phone calls purporting to be from microsoft support

fake phone calls purporting to be from microsoft support: It's nice microsoft is cluing us in on this. Too bad they make NO mention of the troll on this and other MS Community boards who send a message purporting to be from microsoft and asking for your IP address and other info. Yea, right....
  8. fake phone calls purporting to be from microsoft support

fake phone calls purporting to be from microsoft support: I am constant harassed by phone call saying they are Microsoft tech and need to change mi ips #. Microsoft need to stop these phone calls and harassements. Audrey...
  9. fake phone calls deom microsoft tec

fake phone calls deom microsoft tec: I am constant harassed by phone call saying they are Microsoft tech and need to change mi ips #. Microsoft need to stop these phone calls and harassements. Audrey...
  10. Fake phone calls

Fake phone calls: Will Microsoft ever ring me about security https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/fake-phone-calls/ea20ca08-161c-497f-a6f4-21eb3414533c