Windows 10: fake phone calls purporting to be from microsoft support

Discus and support fake phone calls purporting to be from microsoft support in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am constant harassed by phone call saying they are Microsoft tech and need to change mi ips #. Microsoft need to stop these phone calls and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AUDREY R. SWANSON, Jul 19, 2019.

1. fake phone calls purporting to be from microsoft support

I am constant harassed by phone call saying they are Microsoft tech and need to change mi ips #.

Microsoft need to stop these phone calls and harassements.

Audrey

:)

AUDREY R. SWANSON, Jul 19, 2019
  2. Borg 386 Win User

Beware this fake Windows BSOD from tech support scammers' malware

Microsoft: Beware this fake Windows BSOD from tech support scammers' malware | ZDNet

fake phone calls purporting to be from microsoft support [​IMG]

Borg 386, Jul 19, 2019
  3. Phone call from some purporting to be a Microsoft technician

Unsolicited phone calls, browser pop-ups and
    emails (aka
    Tech Support Scamming
    ) from "so-called Support Techs" advising
    "your computer is infected with malware",
    “All Your Files Are Encrypted"
    and other
    fake "alert messages"
    has become an increasing common and prolific scam tactic over the past several years. The scams may involve web pages with screenshots of
    fake anit-virus software displaying warnings of bogus malware infections and fake

BSOD
    which include a tech support phone number to call in order to fix the problem. More nefarious scammers will talk their victims into allowing them remote control access of the computer so they can install a

Remote Access Trojan
    in order to steal passwords and other sensitive personal information which could then be used to access bank accounts or steal a person's identity.

The caller, email or browser warning alert may claim to be affiliated with Microsoft or
    Windows Support. However, there have been reports of scammers claiming to be affiliated with major computer manufacturers such as
    Hewlett Packard, Lenovo and Dell, familiar security vendors like
    Symantec, Panda and McAfee, and even popular
    ISPs.

Microsoft does not contact users via web page messages, phone or email and instruct them to call tech support to fix your computer.

For more information, please read Beware of Phony Emails & Tech Support
    Scams

quietman7 - MVP, Jul 19, 2019
  4. fake phone calls purporting to be from microsoft support

Microsoft support phone calls

Microsoft never give calls to customers , unless you have request from support team .

call received by you is totally fake,

RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS, Jul 19, 2019
Thema:

fake phone calls purporting to be from microsoft support

1. fake phone calls purporting to be from microsoft support - Similar Threads - fake phone calls

2. scam purportedly from Microsoft

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    scam purportedly from Microsoft: so obviously a scam. I can supply e-mail headers on request.-----Original Message-----From: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** [mailto:*** Email address is removed for privacy ***] Sent: Monday, November 29, 2021 2:30 AMTo: artSubject: Account Deactivation Notice do...
  3. fake phone calls purporting to be from microsoft support

fake phone calls purporting to be from microsoft support: It's nice microsoft is cluing us in on this. Too bad they make NO mention of the troll on this and other MS Community boards who send a message purporting to be from microsoft and asking for your IP address and other info. Yea, right....
  4. fake phone calls deom microsoft tec

fake phone calls deom microsoft tec: I am constant harassed by phone call saying they are Microsoft tech and need to change mi ips #. Microsoft need to stop these phone calls and harassements. Audrey...
  5. phone calls from Microsoft?

phone calls from Microsoft?: Am receiving multiple calls stating "Microsoft is stopping my support service, number to call back is 1-312-667-9490." Surely this is not a legitimate call? Am not answering nor returning call....
  6. Microsoft support phone calls

Microsoft support phone calls: I would be interested if anyone else has experienced the following (and been as daft as I was initially). I received a call from 'Microsoft' advising that my PC had a deadly virus and could I clear it. After some chat with an Asian voice I was passed on to possibly a...
  7. Fake phone calls

Fake phone calls: Will Microsoft ever ring me about security https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/fake-phone-calls/ea20ca08-161c-497f-a6f4-21eb3414533c
  8. Fake Microsoft Call or Not?

Fake Microsoft Call or Not?: I have been getting calls saying I have a refund from Microsoft (but I did not buy anything). I have been getting calls from Microsoft saying I have been hacked by other countries. For awhile I actually got "danger notices" in my email where the screen turned red with an...
  9. Phone call from Microsoft

Phone call from Microsoft: I received a call from Microsoft the phone number displayed on my phone was my landline number. When I answered it there was a recording stating my IP address had been confiscated in several countries and Microsoft needed to change my IP address I needed to press 1 for...
  10. Phone-call from Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Phone-call from Microsoft?: Yesterday I received a phone-call from "Microsoft" about a so-called computer problem. The caller ID was 0011055474272. I disconnected because I assumed it was a scam. I do not believe Microsoft makes personal calls to users or consumers. For this post I chose "Windows...