Windows 10: Fake Product Key - Can't change or enter my original product key

Discus and support Fake Product Key - Can't change or enter my original product key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My system was attacked by malware and then I have made a clean installation of Windows 10. but after that when I'm entering my original product key by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by vijayjain82, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Fake Product Key - Can't change or enter my original product key

My system was attacked by malware and then I have made a clean installation of Windows 10. but after that when I'm entering my original product key by using the option change product key, i'm getting the following error

----------------------------------------------

Unable to activate windows

We can't reach a critical windows service. Make sure you are connected to the internet, wait a few minutes, and try activating again. (0x80070424)

Learn more about windows activation.

----------------------------------------------

The Product Key which is mentioned is not the one which came with the system. Its a hacked id.

Please help.

:)

vijayjain82, Oct 31, 2018

2. Product key changes automatically

My original product key changes automatically to a fake product key after restarting.

ArkaSrinjoySinha, Oct 31, 2018
  3. i know the product id but forget the product key

Hello,

There is still a way to search for your product key. Kindly follow the steps below for you to know your product key:

• Press Windows key + X
    • Click Command Prompt (admin)
    • Enter the following command: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
    • Then hit Enter
    The product key will be revealed, copy the product key then enter it.

Give us an update on what happens.

Anthony Cato, Oct 31, 2018
  4. Fake Product Key - Can't change or enter my original product key

product key

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please follow the below steps to resolve this issue:

Steps:

• Press and hold Windows key + R.
    • Type ‘slui 3’.
    • Enter your old product key and try to change product key
    • Use the new product and check if you are able to activate.
    For more information please follow the link given below, this information is provided by Andre Da Costa.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_install/how-to-activate-and-resolve-common-product-key/33f31475-93b3-4d1c-812f-4b21fbd807a7

Please get back to us if you are still facing this problem.

Hope the information helps to fix the issue, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

Fake Product Key - Can't change or enter my original product key

1. Fake Product Key - Can't change or enter my original product key - Similar Threads - Fake Product Key

2. Unable to enter/change product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to enter/change product key: Hello, I am trying to enter my product key to activate windows on my newly built PC. When I try to click the link/page to enter/change my product key, I receive an error and the link does not work. It causes my PC to crash and the settings menu freezes. I purchased a product...
  3. Unable to enter/change product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to enter/change product key: Hello, I am trying to enter my product key to activate windows on my newly built PC. When I try to click the link/page to enter/change my product key, I receive an error and the link does not work. It causes my PC to crash and the settings menu freezes. I purchased a product...
  4. Unable to enter/change product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I entered correct Product key to the option "Change Product Key", but it says that 'The...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I entered correct Product key to the option "Change Product Key", but it says that 'The...: I found my Product key from command prompt admin, but when I try to activate it, it prompts an error that the product key didn't work, Try again. I checked it twice and it was correct, but it isn't activating, help....
  6. I entered correct Product key to the option "Change Product Key", but it says that 'The...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I entered correct Product key to the option "Change Product Key", but it says that 'The...: I found my Product key from command prompt admin, but when I try to activate it, it prompts an error that the product key didn't work, Try again. I checked it twice and it was correct, but it isn't activating, help....
  7. I entered correct Product key to the option "Change Product Key", but it says that 'The...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Change product key back to original

Change product key back to original: Hi all, I my son have recently bought a used pc with win 10 enterprise. Win is activated but we always had problems with updates. when i tried to understand why i discovered that the pc came originally with another product key for win 8.1 and our version is activated with...
  9. Motherboard changed and can't use original product key

Motherboard changed and can't use original product key: How do you contact Microsoft for windows 10 activation issues with a hardware change. Need to talk to a real person. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/motherboard-changed-and-cant-use-original-product/c8fd8452-5124-46e3-b761-70ee28e31186
  10. Enter a Product key

Enter a Product key: I bought a labtop with window10 . I ran windows recovery to modify personal setting . Since then windows asks me to enter a product key . WHAT TO DO ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enter-a-product-key/db2c1a86-6b24-441a-b7b6-10eef32f0ed6"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant enter my product key