Windows 10: Fake Trojan Alert—but then there’s more I’m constantly having to prove who I am and my...

Discus and support Fake Trojan Alert—but then there’s more I’m constantly having to prove who I am and my... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I had a screen pop up saying i had Trojan and i should call Microsoft Support...and not to turn off my machine. i turned off my machine but the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DBreathe, Jan 7, 2021.

1. DBreathe Win User

Fake Trojan Alert—but then there’s more I’m constantly having to prove who I am and my...

I had a screen pop up saying i had Trojan and i should call Microsoft Support...and not to turn off my machine.

i turned off my machine but the machine seemed sluggish even after i ran my virus checker and verified there was no virus.

i ended up restoring the hard drive from my backup boot disk but now i’m getting asked to verify my user name and password. When i use the password i set up, it says its wrong and i have to reset it, until i get to the point where i have to try again tomorrow.

i’m thinking i should backup my documents and pictures and go for a full, clean the hard drive restore.
    I’d appreciate some feedback before i do.

:)

DBreathe, Jan 7, 2021
  2. Fabler2 Win User

Fake Virus Alert Popups with Edge browser

Check that the tab it starts with is unpinned. When that site opens click the lock icon in address bar and block notifications. Just some suggestions.

Fake Trojan Alert—but then there’s more I’m constantly having to prove who I am and my... [​IMG]

Fabler2, Jan 7, 2021
  3. Fake Virus Alert Popups with Edge browser

Sorry mate. Ive just been rereading all the posts in this thread and Ive just realised that I must have misread your advice last week. You were suggesting closing from Tab at the top of the Edge browser screen and not the close box on the Fake Virus Alert window..sorry for my confusion! Also Ive now seen that you can right click on any of the other open Tabs at the very top of the Edge screen and I see there are two other options- Close other Tabs and Close Tabs to the right. Im wondering if your suggestion of closing the Fake Virus Alert from its Tab by clicking on its X or any of these options might do exactly the same thing as closing down the Edge process using Task Manager achieves.
    The main thing is that you aren't supposed to click on any of the boxes in the Fake Popup window when it appears as doing so can activate malware but you still have to completely close its window down somehow.

sportsfan148, Jan 7, 2021
  4. Fake Trojan Alert—but then there’s more I’m constantly having to prove who I am and my...

Jsssssssss, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

Fake Trojan Alert—but then there’s more I’m constantly having to prove who I am and my...

1. Fake Trojan Alert—but then there’s more I’m constantly having to prove who I am and my... - Similar Threads - Fake Trojan Alert—but

2. Have a Microsoft alert about infected Trojan. I think it’s fake but can’t get rid of it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have a Microsoft alert about infected Trojan. I think it’s fake but can’t get rid of it: Have a Microsoft support alert about a Trojan.I think it’s fake but I can’t get rid of screens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/have-a-microsoft-alert-about-infected-trojan-i/f49f4dae-4e7b-43fd-9213-37fc9d2f290b
  3. Have a Microsoft alert about infected Trojan. I think it’s fake but can’t get rid of it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Have a Microsoft alert about infected Trojan. I think it’s fake but can’t get rid of it: Have a Microsoft support alert about a Trojan.I think it’s fake but I can’t get rid of screens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/have-a-microsoft-alert-about-infected-trojan-i/f49f4dae-4e7b-43fd-9213-37fc9d2f290b
  4. Trojan Spyware Alert?

Trojan Spyware Alert?: Is this real? My computer froze up and I really need this computer to work. If I don’t, then I’m genuinely screwed. I’ve gotten out on task manager and I’m going to close it out now, but I have a picture to verify and I just need reassurance. The picture won’t upload it keeps...
  5. Trojan Spyware Alert?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trojan Spyware Alert?: Is this real? My computer froze up and I really need this computer to work. If I don’t, then I’m genuinely screwed. I’ve gotten out on task manager and I’m going to close it out now, but I have a picture to verify and I just need reassurance. The picture won’t upload it keeps...
  6. Why do I constantly have to prove I own my account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I constantly have to prove I own my account?: I have a tablet, a laptop with Win 10 and an android phone. I regularly get told trying to do things on my phone that my account it shows my phone number is being used by another or something. I tell it I still own the phone and it gets me to get a code from my email and then...
  7. Why do I constantly have to prove I own my account?

Why do I constantly have to prove I own my account?: I have a tablet, a laptop with Win 10 and an android phone. I regularly get told trying to do things on my phone that my account it shows my phone number is being used by another or something. I tell it I still own the phone and it gets me to get a code from my email and then...
  8. Why do I constantly have to prove I own my account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Trojan alert

Trojan alert: when logging in, received message: "Trojan Spyware Alert: Error Code #0x898778. PC access blocked, Call support at 1-930-200-9432." Call drops immediately after connecting! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/trojan-alert/40d27f34-d6ec-49c0-b915-a3b8809a159f
  10. Trojan Spyware Alert

Trojan Spyware Alert: Trojan Horse WarningIs 1-866-993-1486 a legitimate Microsoft Support phone number? A loud audio and video warning pop up on my screen saying it was a Trojan Spyware Alert & to contact that number. Is this a hacker scam?...