Windows 10: Fake Virus Alert Popups with Edge browser

Discus and support Fake Virus Alert Popups with Edge browser in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How do you guys get rid of those nuisance Fake Virus Alert Popups with the Edge browser? Usually you can just press Ctrl + Alt + Delete, then select... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sportsfan148, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Fake Virus Alert Popups with Edge browser

How do you guys get rid of those nuisance Fake Virus Alert Popups with the Edge browser?
    Usually you can just press Ctrl + Alt + Delete, then select Task Manager and end the Edge process. But Ive noticed that when you start Edge up again from the taskbar it automatically opens up the last page that was previously opened. If that was one of those Scareware Fake Virus popup alerts, then Im presuming you would be stuck in a loop as it would just open the Fake Virus Alert popup page up again that you are trying to get rid of. I have Edge set to Open Microsoft Edge with the Start Page but in this case that makes no difference whatsoever. As a test Ive just tried closing down a webpage using Task Manager to close Edge with End Task. I rebooted the PC and even then Edge opens up the webpage that was previously force closed using Task Manager

:)

sportsfan148, Apr 29, 2020
  2. DarrylHXG Win User

Windows 10 - Edge Browser Popup - Virus - Can't Terminate It

Fake Virus Alert Popups with Edge browser [​IMG]

Upgraded HP All-in-One i5,8Gb, 1Tb computer from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.

Computer has the "Computer Health Alert" virus. Program in Uninstalls looks to be DailyDiet "Something" (when googled this is one of the variations). Avast, MalwareBytes, Kaspersky Boot 10 CD, CCleaner browser clean and registry clean, with the power
    uninstall did no good. A program listed on this page, ADWCleaner, found the remnants of the virus (some 55 cookies, registry entries, etc.) and had me reboot the computer.

Still when Edge is started the infinite loop popup can only be terminated with task manager.

Google Chrome is not affected.

Next step?

Thanks.

DarrylHXG, Apr 29, 2020
  3. Carlo Fer Win User
    Virus alert from microsoft edge

Hello jodemo,

The alert you received about virus is a common scam. We suggest that you close Microsoft Edge immediately. Make sure not to restore the sessions when you reopen Microsoft Edge.

In addition, we highly recommend you to follow the steps provided by Bruce Hagen MVP on this
    thread link.

Hope this information helps you. Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Carlo Fer, Apr 29, 2020
  4. Le Boule Win User

Fake Virus Alert Popups with Edge browser

browser waring of virus blocking edge

Edge Browser Adware

See post of GreginMich here: Can't close Edge- Message to call a number for help, to get off this web site

If your issue continues see this free multi-step removal guide from Malwaretips.com: Remove Microsoft or Apple Tech Support Scam pop-ups (Free Guide)

You may not need to scan with Zemana or Hitman Pro (note that both are available in trial versions if you do need them). If scanning with AdwCleaner (step 1) and Malwarebytes Free (step 3) does not resolve your issue, you may
    need to reset your browsers as suggested in step 5.

Le Boule, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

Fake Virus Alert Popups with Edge browser

1. Fake Virus Alert Popups with Edge browser - Similar Threads - Fake Virus Alert

2. Fake McAfee Popups

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fake McAfee Popups: I just started getting fake McAfee popups yesterday. I have a one year old HP laptop running Windows 11 Pro with this hardware: IntelR CoreTM i5-1035G1 CPU @ 1.00GHz 1.20 GHz and 8 Gb of Ram. I looked at Microsoft Edge settings, extensions, etcetera, etcetera. I looked at...
  3. Fake McAfee Popups

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fake McAfee Popups: I just started getting fake McAfee popups yesterday. I have a one year old HP laptop running Windows 11 Pro with this hardware: IntelR CoreTM i5-1035G1 CPU @ 1.00GHz 1.20 GHz and 8 Gb of Ram. I looked at Microsoft Edge settings, extensions, etcetera, etcetera. I looked at...
  4. how do i get rid of fake virus alerts on Microsoft edge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do i get rid of fake virus alerts on Microsoft edge: how do i stop fake microsoft edge virus alerts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-fake-virus-alerts-on-microsoft/db44a690-9627-41a0-8c34-e1389d059b5b
  5. A fake virus?

A fake virus?: Yesterday, I created an SFX archive by WinRar, when I unzip it, WinDef told me that SFX archive is some kind of unwanted software: "PUA:Win32/Pearfoos.A!ml"So, is it true that archive is a virus?...
  6. Fake McAfee Notification Alert

Fake McAfee Notification Alert: My OS is Windows 10 my browser is Google Chrome but after getting thsi POP UP while on google chrome I got it while off line with all browsers closed on my desk top . beginning this morning I get a POP UP every hour so fror30-60 seconds or so in the lower left hand corner of...
  7. Fake Virus Alert Popups with Edge browser

Fake Virus Alert Popups with Edge browser: How do you guys get rid of those nuisance Fake Virus Alert Popups with the Edge browser? Usually you can just press Ctrl + Alt + Delete, then select Task Manager and end the Edge process. But Ive noticed that when you start Edge up again from the taskbar it automatically...
  8. Fake Adobe Flash Player popup Installer and Redirect Virus

Fake Adobe Flash Player popup Installer and Redirect Virus: This update took over Defender Antivirus. It says my computer is infected and they are Microsoft and to call a number to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/fake-adobe-flash-player-popup-installer-and/37b200d7-ad19-4b97-b657-5c2ac9d753e5
  9. Mouse popup on desktop or edge browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse popup on desktop or edge browser: [ATTACH][ATTACH]How can I get rid of this annoying windows 10 mouse popup description feature that is displayed when mouse hovers over object? Red arrow pointing to popup in screen shot....
  10. Edge browser security alert - frozen screen

Edge browser security alert - frozen screen: How do we get rid of an interest security alert recording that comes up with our Edge Browser and it can not be closed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-browser-security-alert-frozen-screen/1febbf30-dc32-4e98-b372-93fc5b6abecd"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fake virus popup in edge browser