Windows 10: fake virus infection pop ups

Discus and support fake virus infection pop ups in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am getting many pop-ups saying my PC is infected by a virus. I never click them on. And it happens before I go to the internet. So, I suspect it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ayball, Jan 20, 2022.

1. ayball Win User

fake virus infection pop ups

I am getting many pop-ups saying my PC is infected by a virus. I never click them on. And it happens before I go to the internet. So, I suspect it is some kind of malware. Windows defender scan says no infection. The keystroke is slow, too. What do I have to do?

:)

ayball, Jan 20, 2022

2. replace wallpaper by fake virus protection advertisement

some internet noob was browsing some unsafe tgps on an old classic computer 466mhz celeron.... and using IE..... pop ups everywhere... one of the pop ups ask ok or cancel to scan for virus..... and clicked cancel.... and infected.... wallpaper got replaced by some fake virus protecton advertisement.

scanning with AVG and TCspy in safe mode.

any furthur additional reccomenation or suggestion?

HiddenStupid, Jan 20, 2022
  3. how to find the infected folder that is from the virus in the Window 10?

All these kind of pop ups are fake alerts. Your PC is NOT infected.

Do NOT call the phone-number which is displayed in that fake alert.

It leads to scammers who try to trick you into giving them access to your computer, to steal your passwords etc and to sell you their unneeded services etc.

Please carefully read the following article which explains in detail how to get rid of such pop ups and what to do if you keep on seeing them:

Also see:

Jsssssssss, Jan 20, 2022
  4. fake virus infection pop ups

Pop Up security warning

Good that you didn't click on anything and that you didn't call that number. That what you were seeing are fake alerts which try to trick you into calling some obscure companies who then will try to sell you their unneeded services/products.

Please read the following article which describes in detail various methods how to get out of such pop ups. The article also mentions methods how to prevent these kind of fake alerts.

In case you keep on getting these pop ups, it is recommended to run some scans as described here:

Suggestion to also take the time and to read:

Jsssssssss, Jan 20, 2022
Thema:

fake virus infection pop ups

1. fake virus infection pop ups - Similar Threads - fake virus infection

2. microsoft.yourphone_1.22052.554.0_x64 pop up, is this a virus?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft.yourphone_1.22052.554.0_x64 pop up, is this a virus?: I was watching a football match on my laptop and I got a pop up message "Microsoft.Yourphone" I have attached a screenshot. I didn't run the app and I don't remember installing Microsoft your phone, is this a virus?...
  3. fake virus infection pop ups

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    fake virus infection pop ups: I am getting many pop-ups saying my PC is infected by a virus. I never click them on. And it happens before I go to the internet. So, I suspect it is some kind of malware. Windows defender scan says no infection. The keystroke is slow, too. What do I have to do?...
  4. fake virus infection pop ups

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fake virus infection pop ups: I am getting many pop-ups saying my PC is infected by a virus. I never click them on. And it happens before I go to the internet. So, I suspect it is some kind of malware. Windows defender scan says no infection. The keystroke is slow, too. What do I have to do?...
  5. A fake virus?

A fake virus?: Yesterday, I created an SFX archive by WinRar, when I unzip it, WinDef told me that SFX archive is some kind of unwanted software: "PUA:Win32/Pearfoos.A!ml"So, is it true that archive is a virus?...
  6. Fake Pop-ups.

Fake Pop-ups.: I've been getting pop-ups from a website called youtubecenter.net, and it says I have a virus. I tried scanning my device through Windows Security and it said that I didn't have any. Is there a way I can remove these pop-ups? I've looked at some other posts saying that they...
  7. New Pop-Up: Real or Fake?

New Pop-Up: Real or Fake?: Hello, I've been using an Acer laptop for some time now running Windows 10, and Kaspersky and Google Chrome are some notable applications. Recently I began receiving two pop-ups while on Chrome warning me of not having wifi and telling me my wifi has been restored. Notably, I...
  8. Virus infection

Virus infection: i have encountered a .masodas virus which has infected my PC completely so please help, every file has been affected as .masodas extention. Please don't ask me to pay for the solution...
  9. Virus infection

Virus infection: I recently brought a Acer Predator 17 X. After two weeks i noticed a “-“ flashing ln the top left hand side of t a blank screen that loaded after the Acer logo screen and the Windows10 loading screen. I found a utility on sorceforge that found a virus in the bootrecord that...
  10. fake trojan infection message?

fake trojan infection message?: For some reason, when I try to play videos in an area where my internet connection is weak, my headphones stop receiving sound and I must reload the driver. When I did this tonight my computer booted up and uploaded a very strange message (I should have taken a screen shot)...