Windows 10: Fake Windows Updates - Ransome Ware

Discus and support Fake Windows Updates - Ransome Ware in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,Please show me some examples of what faked Windows updates look like from hackers so that I can be aware as well as what to do when I spot one.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DMG5, Jan 22, 2022.

1. DMG5 Win User

Fake Windows Updates - Ransome Ware

Hello,Please show me some examples of what faked Windows updates look like from hackers so that I can be aware as well as what to do when I spot one. Is there someone to contact? Is the request to update below legit? Thank you, ************************************************************************************************************************

:)

2. clc.clc Win User

ransom ware wannacry

which update protects against ransom ware wannacry?

clc.clc, Jan 22, 2022
  3. louwerbe Win User
    ransom ware

I got hit by ransom ware "osiris" any solution out there?

louwerbe, Jan 22, 2022
  4. gjmort63 Win User

Ransom ware and other Pop ups

Since long before the the talk of Ransom ware went public, i was getting repetitive pop ups threatening to lock my computer, i found a simple reboot cleared my screen and i could continue for a random period of time.

Not sure if this is THE ransom ware, it doesnt seem that complex, it is just annoying!!

Windows Defender does not dete it, i AM using windows 10 which i thought was impervious.

Strangely these things seem to happen when i am connecting to servers such as iiNet or Net Gear !!

I am contemplating reinstalling windows 10...........opinions please ??

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category***

gjmort63, Jan 22, 2022
Thema:

1. Fake Windows Updates - Ransome Ware - Similar Threads - Fake Updates Ransome

2. Fake Windows Updates - Ransome Ware

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fake Windows Updates - Ransome Ware: Hello,Please show me some examples of what faked Windows updates look like from hackers so that I can be aware as well as what to do when I spot one. Is there someone to contact? Is the request to update below legit? Thank you,...
  3. Fake Windows Updates - Ransome Ware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fake Windows Updates - Ransome Ware: Hello,Please show me some examples of what faked Windows updates look like from hackers so that I can be aware as well as what to do when I spot one. Is there someone to contact? Is the request to update below legit? Thank you,...
  4. Ransom ware and locked screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Ransom ware and locked screen: We have had our Windows 10 pc sign in screen locked due to ransom ware. Besides paying the $$$ how can we get to the desktop to install my Malwarebytes software. Anyone run into this recently?Thanks Eric...
  5. HELPPPP ransom ware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    HELPPPP ransom ware: Please help anyone know what this is? or what ransom ware this is called? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/helpppp-ransom-ware/e4eb6941-3589-4091-9769-9a914feba018"
  6. RANSOM WARE

RANSOM WARE: I got this today after installing a note pad. Any direction would be appreciated All your files are Encrypted! For data recovery needs decryptor. How to buy decryptor: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- | 1....
  7. Ransom Ware

Ransom Ware: I have a family member with a pc running MSW 10. She turned the pc on today and you hear a voice claming his from Microsoft and so as to save the internet you must contact him at a phone number with a credit card. Turning the pc off dos not fix it. HELP!...
  8. ransome ware

ransome ware: i have had 2 threatening emails stating they know my password which they give, but not the complete one.they say they have hacked my emails and other files and they want payment in dollars to stop it. should this have been picked up by defender?...
  9. Ransom ware decryptors

Ransom ware decryptors: all decryptors now in one place The No More Ransom Project 84615
  10. Free anti ransome ware

Free anti ransome ware: Free from Acronis Acronis: Ransomware protection! Get yer free ransomware protection! • The Register 103196