Windows 10: Faking RAM amount to play a game

Discus and support Faking RAM amount to play a game in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello! I have a computer that has 6GB of RAM (2x2GB + 2x1GB) and no free RAM slot. I wanted to play Forza Horizon 4 that has minimum RAM requirement... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by spapakons, Feb 14, 2020 at 3:37 PM.

1. spapakons Win User

Faking RAM amount to play a game

Hello!

I have a computer that has 6GB of RAM (2x2GB + 2x1GB) and no free RAM slot. I wanted to play Forza Horizon 4 that has minimum RAM requirement 8GB. Every time I load the game I get an annoying warning that I do not have the minimum system requirement for low settings and game may not run properly. I just click on ignore and continue after which the game runs OK without any issues and with very good performance. I satisfy all the other minimum requirements, except that amount or RAM. So does anyone knows if I can disable this annoying message in Forza Horizon 4? The game runs well anyway.

Alternatively, is there any way to fake the amount of RAM for example, a utility that can make RAM to appear as 8GB, even if Windows 10 report only 6GB can be used? Or a utility that can assign some GB from the hard disk or SSD as additional RAM, so the total would be raised from 6GB physical RAM to 8GB or 10GB combined RAM?

I cannot just upgrade the RAM because I would have to replace the two 1GB modules with two 2GB modules. Also my motherboard and BIOS are crap, so mixed RAM modules may no boot. In that case I would have to replace all four modules with identical 2GB modules (RAM is DDR2) and that is not cost-effective. So is there any way to fake RAM or expand RAM using the hard disk or SSD? Any help appreciated. This would help other users facing RAM limitations with many other games.

Thank you in advance.

:)

2. jds63 Win User

directx 12 fake?

Thanks, i have tried that recently no change, as i kept the old driver in these cases. Next step is to try to reinstall this game. Any settings changes do nothing in game. Weird how has not happened throughout half the game till i reach this mission only in game all others before were fine.

Notice back round, especially the trees being doubled plus off colors.

Faking RAM amount to play a game [​IMG]

3. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 14, 2020 at 3:38 PM
  4. Faking RAM amount to play a game

Xbox Play anywhere games

I uninstalled and re-installed the game. The freezing is still happening.

David-Murica, Feb 14, 2020 at 3:38 PM
Thema:

Faking RAM amount to play a game

1. Faking RAM amount to play a game - Similar Threads - Faking RAM amount

2. Chromium using huge amounts of RAM

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Chromium using huge amounts of RAM: I just noticed even having one tab open on chromium(dev version) has me using 0.5 GB ram. There are like 14 processes open. What's the deal here or am I mistaken? submitted by /u/Mamba28 [link] [comments]...
  3. service host using high amount of ram

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    service host using high amount of ram: The ram keeps increases after turning on the computer untill the computer finally shuts down.most of the ram is used my services hosts.please give me a solution. [ATTACH]...
  4. Is 16GB a large enough amount of RAM for a decent gaming experience on an MMO platform?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is 16GB a large enough amount of RAM for a decent gaming experience on an MMO platform?: With a brand new computer, Dell, I am hesitant about its specs. Does anyone have the Dell Inspiron 15 7577 Gaming who might be able to tell me a little something about it? Thank you so much!...
  5. Windows 10 1903 - Large Amounts of Hardware Reserved RAM

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 1903 - Large Amounts of Hardware Reserved RAM: Hi all, Are there any documented cases of the Windows 10 1903 build allocating large amounts of hardware reserved RAM? I have an 8GB HP Envy x360, but it says that 2.1GB RAM is hardware reserved. Having spoken with HP and tried to troubleshoot using msconfig and...
  6. Game play

Game play: I have just bought tomb raider on disc and it wont play on my new laptop. I have windows 10. Have I wasted my money or can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-play/3277ae26-6519-484e-a2ed-1e6e7f57e15b
  7. i have been getting BSOD after playing some games for randome amount of time

i have been getting BSOD after playing some games for randome amount of time: i have use whocrashed to know the cause but to no avail so i used windbg to read the dump .but i didn't understand what to do my specs are win 10 gpu 1060 ga 990 fxa-d3 mother bord this is the memory dump i got...
  8. Odd RAM Amounts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Odd RAM Amounts: I have the impression that 10 uses RAM in a fairly even way, as in more RAM=faster performance. My experience with XP was that it had a "sweet spot", I always ran it with 2GB of RAM. But I'm wondering if the more is faster depending on amount is really true for one thing, but...
  9. BSOD while playing games (added new ram)

BSOD while playing games (added new ram): So I've recently purchased a new memory stick which is identical to what I have been using for the past 2 years. When I first built this pc, i've been only using a single 4GB stick (Apotop 4gb 1600Mhz) and recently I've decided to upgrade to 8GB by adding another stick. After...
  10. How do I increase my amount of dedicated video RAM?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How do I increase my amount of dedicated video RAM?: I have a HP slimline desktop 260-p009. I tried going into the BIOS but couldn't find anything there. Not sure what to do. I have 128.0 MB of dedicated ram right now. Specs are: Windows 10 Home 64 Intel® Core™ i3-6100T with Intel® HD Graphics 530 (3.2 GHz, 3 MB cache, 2...