Windows 10: Faking RAM amount to play a game

Discus and support Faking RAM amount to play a game in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello! I have a computer that has 6GB of RAM (2x2GB + 2x1GB) and no free RAM slot. I wanted to play Forza Horizon 4 that has minimum RAM requirement... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by spapakons, Feb 14, 2020.

1. spapakons Win User

Faking RAM amount to play a game

Hello!

I have a computer that has 6GB of RAM (2x2GB + 2x1GB) and no free RAM slot. I wanted to play Forza Horizon 4 that has minimum RAM requirement 8GB. Every time I load the game I get an annoying warning that I do not have the minimum system requirement for low settings and game may not run properly. I just click on ignore and continue after which the game runs OK without any issues and with very good performance. I satisfy all the other minimum requirements, except that amount or RAM. So does anyone knows if I can disable this annoying message in Forza Horizon 4? The game runs well anyway.

Alternatively, is there any way to fake the amount of RAM for example, a utility that can make RAM to appear as 8GB, even if Windows 10 report only 6GB can be used? Or a utility that can assign some GB from the hard disk or SSD as additional RAM, so the total would be raised from 6GB physical RAM to 8GB or 10GB combined RAM?

I cannot just upgrade the RAM because I would have to replace the two 1GB modules with two 2GB modules. Also my motherboard and BIOS are crap, so mixed RAM modules may no boot. In that case I would have to replace all four modules with identical 2GB modules (RAM is DDR2) and that is not cost-effective. So is there any way to fake RAM or expand RAM using the hard disk or SSD? Any help appreciated. This would help other users facing RAM limitations with many other games.

Thank you in advance.

:)

spapakons, Feb 14, 2020
  2. jds63 Win User

directx 12 fake?

Thanks, i have tried that recently no change, as i kept the old driver in these cases. Next step is to try to reinstall this game. Any settings changes do nothing in game. Weird how has not happened throughout half the game till i reach this mission only in game all others before were fine.

Notice back round, especially the trees being doubled plus off colors.

Faking RAM amount to play a game [​IMG]

jds63, Feb 14, 2020
  3. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 14, 2020
  4. Faking RAM amount to play a game

Xbox Play anywhere games

I uninstalled and re-installed the game. The freezing is still happening.

David-Murica, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

Faking RAM amount to play a game

1. Faking RAM amount to play a game - Similar Threads - Faking RAM amount

2. Huge amount of Crashes lately playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Huge amount of Crashes lately playing games: Hi guys, I am facing an issue with my machine at the moment where several titles continue to get errors that crash me back to my desktop or even like it crashes my graphics driver as my screens go black temporarily.I have replaced my RAM, GPU, Boot Drive / Boot OS and...
  3. Huge amount of Crashes lately playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Huge amount of Crashes lately playing games: Hi guys, I am facing an issue with my machine at the moment where several titles continue to get errors that crash me back to my desktop or even like it crashes my graphics driver as my screens go black temporarily.I have replaced my RAM, GPU, Boot Drive / Boot OS and...
  4. Incorrectly showing the amount of RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrectly showing the amount of RAM: Hello to all dear supportersFor some time now, when I work with my laptop, I feel that the laptop has slowed down, and after inquiry, we found out that the RAM of my laptop has changed from 8 gigs to 4 gigs!Every time after turning on the RAM a few times, it becomes 8 again...
  5. Incorrectly showing the amount of RAM

Incorrectly showing the amount of RAM: Hello to all dear supportersFor some time now, when I work with my laptop, I feel that the laptop has slowed down, and after inquiry, we found out that the RAM of my laptop has changed from 8 gigs to 4 gigs!Every time after turning on the RAM a few times, it becomes 8 again...
  6. PC crashes after playing games for random amount of time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes after playing games for random amount of time: I've been playing a game called Valorant and my PC started crashing more often than it used to I've tried everything including windows reset. reseating the RAM sticks updating drivers and windows my specs are. RTX 3060 12gb I5 11600k Z-490 A PRO motherboard16GB of DDR4...
  7. PC crashes after playing games for random amount of time

PC crashes after playing games for random amount of time: I've been playing a game called Valorant and my PC started crashing more often than it used to I've tried everything including windows reset. reseating the RAM sticks updating drivers and windows my specs are. RTX 3060 12gb I5 11600k Z-490 A PRO motherboard16GB of DDR4...
  8. Fake Crucial Ram?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fake Crucial Ram?: So I bought 16gb ram few days from amazon and recently bought 32gb ram as well from amazon as I was thinking using 32gb ram is better for futureproof. When I just opened both of those packages, well not the package but just the envelope so it still has the packaging It...
  9. Chromium using huge amounts of RAM

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Chromium using huge amounts of RAM: I just noticed even having one tab open on chromium(dev version) has me using 0.5 GB ram. There are like 14 processes open. What's the deal here or am I mistaken? submitted by /u/Mamba28 [link] [comments]...
  10. Odd RAM Amounts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Odd RAM Amounts: I have the impression that 10 uses RAM in a fairly even way, as in more RAM=faster performance. My experience with XP was that it had a "sweet spot", I always ran it with 2GB of RAM. But I'm wondering if the more is faster depending on amount is really true for one thing, but...