Windows 10: Fall 1709 update breaks "net use" cmd to map drive

Discus and support Fall 1709 update breaks "net use" cmd to map drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I used to be able to map an IoT device with a fixed IP address by using "net use X: \192.168.x.xx" and it would work. Long story short, after spending... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dr Nefario, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Fall 1709 update breaks "net use" cmd to map drive

I used to be able to map an IoT device with a fixed IP address by using "net use X: \192.168.x.xx" and it would work. Long story short, after spending several hours on this, the new 1709 Creators Fall Edition seems to require the root label explicitly as "net use X: \192.168.x.xx\DavWWWRoot" which works (device with Toshiba FlashAir SD card). I have tried this in a cmd window and in a batch file on two separate PCs with 1709 Fall Creators Update. Both act the same. All older versions of Windows (XP, 7, 8, early 10) are able to map a drive without specifying the root name after the IP address.
    This behavior breaks scripts that were working before the upgrade.
    Does anybody know if this is intended behavior? Is there a good reason for changing this?

:)

Dr Nefario, Nov 18, 2017
  2. musum Win User

" SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Nov 18, 2017
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

i have installed windows xp sp2

previously i was using windows media center i thought i might b facing this probs due to that but then i changed it to windows xp ! n moreover i have also shown to nokia service center executives but they were not having the latest updates available ......
    my pc suite is showing that new update version of firmware is available but i cudnt download it Fall 1709 update breaks "net use" cmd to map drive :(

oh gawd wat to do ? Fall 1709 update breaks "net use" cmd to map drive :(

i tried in another pc then again i got an error u need to have minimum 256 ram Fall 1709 update breaks "net use" cmd to map drive :(

please cant it b rectified ? there must b any solution to this probs please help me guyz

god bless all of u thanx Fall 1709 update breaks "net use" cmd to map drive :)

musum, Nov 18, 2017
Thema:

Fall 1709 update breaks "net use" cmd to map drive

1. Fall 1709 update breaks "net use" cmd to map drive - Similar Threads - Fall 1709 update

2. map net work drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    map net work drive: network folders don't show up in map net work drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/map-net-work-drive/933f59da-0729-4d62-99d5-d7720cb85673
  3. map net work drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    map net work drive: network folders don't show up in map net work drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/map-net-work-drive/933f59da-0729-4d62-99d5-d7720cb85673
  4. map net work drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Net Use doesn't show mapped drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Net Use doesn't show mapped drives: Hi guys, I have 3 mapped drives which are accessible. However, when I run net use command I'm getting this output. C:\windows\system32>net use New connections will be remembered. There are no entries in the list. Does anybody know why is it so? 178366
  6. Map network drive using cmd

Map network drive using cmd: Hi! The command for folder mapping in cmd is the following: net use Y: \\Hostname\Share and it worked The command for mapping drive D in cmd is the following: net use Y: \\Hostname\D$ and it does not work Do you know why ? 172943
  7. Can't map NAS by IP in File Explorer, but with NET USE in cmd

Can't map NAS by IP in File Explorer, but with NET USE in cmd: Since some days I can't map a NAS Share by IP anymore, but only in the windows 10 file explorer. If I execute a NET USE for the same IP and the same Sharename (using the same username and password), it works fine. Example: \\192.168.1.50\Series I can also map the same NAS by...
  8. Fall Creators 1709 Update Issue Possibly

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Fall Creators 1709 Update Issue Possibly: Hi All Not sure if this is a real issue or not, but it shows Other Updates all Failed, is it Related to Avast Free 17.8? or just a Windows 10 Update glitch, or nothing to be concerned about, I can try the update reset if need be 97860
  9. Fall Creators Update (1709) Remote Desktop

Fall Creators Update (1709) Remote Desktop: After upgrading window 10 to the Fall UC, i'm having some problems with remote desktop: two pc both with 1709: Sometimes the login stuck and i only see the login image with the user icon but it does not enter the descktop, some other times it ask for password again, it...
  10. Bing Maps V8 SDK Fall Update

in Windows 10 News
    Bing Maps V8 SDK Fall Update: The main release branch of the Bing Maps Version 8 web control (V8) has been in a code freeze over the last two months for the holiday season. Over this time the Bing Maps team focused primarily on bug fixes and performance improvements in Bing Maps V8. Here are some of the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. net use 1709