Windows 10: Fall Creator 1709: Dell T5500 intel X5650 won't wake up from standby

Discus and support Fall Creator 1709: Dell T5500 intel X5650 won't wake up from standby in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Seems like at least a few people also have problems with their computer not waking up from standby/S3 sleep after Fall Creator? I did a clean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wildpig1234, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Fall Creator 1709: Dell T5500 intel X5650 won't wake up from standby

Seems like at least a few people also have problems with their computer not waking up from standby/S3 sleep after Fall Creator?

I did a clean install of 1709. Used the driver updated by MS update. It lets me enter sleep properly. but it won't wake from standby properly. fans and everything power back up but screen is blank. can't do anything except hold down power button to reset.

Is MS deliberately shutting out older hardwares like westmere/nehalem? i hope not... There are still a lot of people using x58 1366 platform. x5650 is still very good cpu. mine actually has 2 cpu... and 48gb ram.... for multithread its actually would slighly beat most of the latest 4c/8 threads intel cpus...

I guess I could reinstall 1703 and see if I get the same problem also. I know it was working perfectly with 1607

:)

wildpig1234, Nov 3, 2017
  2. ElmerJohn Win User
    ElmerJohn, Nov 3, 2017
  3. Dell Precision Workstation T5500 will not wake from Sleep Mode

If I allow my Dell Precision Workstation T5500 to enter sleep mode, or place it in sleep mode myself, the PC will not wake unless I hold the power button in to drain all electrons..

Moving the mouse, tapping the keyboard, a "quick" push of the power button results in nothing but a 'zombie' PC....

I assume I should be able to place a Dell Precision Workstation T5500 in Sleep Mode, and wake it?

(This is a PC, not a Laptop)

stephenjnix, Nov 3, 2017
  4. Fall Creator 1709: Dell T5500 intel X5650 won't wake up from standby

Hi wildpig1234. I don't think MS has any grand plan to shut out older devices. I have two computers that were built for XP and they are running fine.

The real issue is the manufacture drivers and how they are interfacing to the newer Windows. Some devices with some older guts work with older drivers. I would be concentrating on your display driver. Here is one thread. I know there was another just recently where an older driver worked.

Blank screen after awakening from standby in Windows and solution

Assuming you find an older driver that works you need to tell Windows to lay off the driver updates. Windows key + R, type sysdm.cpl, click on Hardware tab, Device Installation Settings, click "No".

Ken

Caledon Ken, Nov 3, 2017
  5. so I basically just need to find all the older version and keeps installing all of them? I am using a NVidia fx 1800 with the dell. I know it's old as hell too. the last driver version was from dec 2016. I have a feeling NVidia won't be updating the driver for this card again anytime soon... so I guess I could just keep trying all the older version?

There is definitely something in these latest windows update that's causing what was a working display driver in prior win 10 ver to no longer work properly to get computer out of standby. I hate to disable s3 sleep but might have to.

going to run a test by installing a newer card, gtx 950 and see if it still crash the dell coming out of sleep. at the same time, I am also going to test the fx 1800 on newer 2011 v2 platform

wildpig1234, Nov 3, 2017
  6. looks like the end of westmere/Nehalem is approaching..... Tried gtx 950 and it still won't wake up. when I tried the same fx 1800 on 2011 v1 platform, it woke up fine with win 10 1709.

There seems to be no specific chipset driver for x58/1366. at least not that I've been able to find unless someone can fill me in.

I think I still can use the dell if I don't enable sleep s3. I have an hp z800 which is also x58 but I have a feeling it will be the same....

wildpig1234, Nov 4, 2017
  7. Have you tried the manufactures website. Hopefully someone there has discovered the answer. Good luck.

Everyone might get lucky, there are lots of black screen, no sleep, no wake issues. Use the Feedback Hub, if MS gets enough hits they may address.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Nov 4, 2017
  8. Fall Creator 1709: Dell T5500 intel X5650 won't wake up from standby

pretty deliberate on MS and intel 's action. the fact that this latest win 10 update doesn't support s3 sleep fully for x58 as well as lack of specific chipset driver from intel can only mean one thing: we like you to upgrade from x58/1366 b.c we will no longer fully support it.

Not counting on them to do anything at all.....

wildpig1234, Nov 4, 2017
  9. bro67 Win User
    Did you go in and reinstall the Dell power control program?

bro67, Nov 4, 2017
  10. bro67 Win User
    Microsoft and Intel have zero to do with power settings, nor does the fact that this has zero to do with any of the release packages. You need to go in and check your bios, check the power settings in System, because Microsoft has tweaked those settings out of the box and also reinstall the Dell Power saving service.

bro67, Nov 4, 2017
  11. will try to install that dell power saving thing although not sure if relevant to the t5500.... gone thr bios several times but don't see anything relevant yet

wildpig1234, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Fall Creator 1709: Dell T5500 intel X5650 won't wake up from standby

1. Fall Creator 1709: Dell T5500 intel X5650 won't wake up from standby - Similar Threads - Fall Creator 1709

2. old defender UI broken in Fall Creators Update 1709

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    old defender UI broken in Fall Creators Update 1709: Since the upgrade to Fall Creators update the old style Defender UI MSASCui.exe produces an error if you try to look at Quarantined items on the History tab. Error loading type library/DLL Error code: 0x80029c4a I'm not the only one, apparently. Also reported here......
  3. "Users_old" directory after updating to 1709 Fall Creators

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    "Users_old" directory after updating to 1709 Fall Creators: In Trainwreck of errors related to seemingly-normal Win10 updates - help! Solved - Windows 10 Forums I posted of my confusion, a problem now solved, about an ASUS laptop that came with Windows 10 installed suddenly being unable to download and install updates. "Net" of that...
  4. Fall Creators 1709 Update Issue Possibly

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Fall Creators 1709 Update Issue Possibly: Hi All Not sure if this is a real issue or not, but it shows Other Updates all Failed, is it Related to Avast Free 17.8? or just a Windows 10 Update glitch, or nothing to be concerned about, I can try the update reset if need be 97860
  5. Windows 10 1709 Fall Creators STORE not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 1709 Fall Creators STORE not working: Only Games Tab is working, also my Desktop and Laptop are not working after the update. If I create a new user it works fine..... It happens on both laptop and desktop so it must be a settings or something with upgrade. I don't know.. It tried all DISM command, SFC...
  6. Falls Creators Update 1709 Bug in Start Items

in Windows 10 Support
    Falls Creators Update 1709 Bug in Start Items: This got to be a bug in version 1709 because despite installing all updates and rebooting many times, after I Unpin From Start from the items from the Start Menu Items list, they reappear after I start up again. Microsoft again, messed up big time on this... See...
  7. Fall Creators Update (1709) Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fall Creators Update (1709) Remote Desktop: After upgrading window 10 to the Fall UC, i'm having some problems with remote desktop: two pc both with 1709: Sometimes the login stuck and i only see the login image with the user icon but it does not enter the descktop, some other times it ask for password again, it...
  8. Fall Creator's update (1709) broke the program index

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creator's update (1709) broke the program index: I got the Fall Creator’s update recently, and it somehow broke Windows’ indexing of programs. I'm currently on Winver: 1709 (OS Build 16299.64). Before the problem: Windows 10/drive C: is installed on a 250GB SSD, but most programs are installed on a conventional 640 GB...
  9. Windows 10 Fall Creators (1709) Update Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Fall Creators (1709) Update Issues: I am having issues updating from 1703 to 1709, and I could use some help. I used the native Windows Update tool to download 1709. I restarted my computer when prompted to begin the installation. I got about a quarter of the way through the installation when I got a blue...
  10. Windows Fall Creators Update 1709 Problems Please Help

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Fall Creators Update 1709 Problems Please Help: Hello,I have successfully installed the update But my Acer Aspire F 15 Notebook wont Reboot and shuts of when I use AIMP4 and A Browser at the same time,there are other issues but this is the worst,in generally my pc runs like the wind.*Mad 100134