Windows 10: Fall Creator's Update and Sound

Discus and support Fall Creator's Update and Sound in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I finally got the 1709 Fall Creator's Update on my Dell Optiplex 330. At first, I thought it was flawless, but then realized that my "Line In" sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Ben Myers, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Ben Myers Win User

Fall Creator's Update and Sound

I finally got the 1709 Fall Creator's Update on my Dell Optiplex 330. At first, I thought it was flawless, but then realized that my "Line In" sound wasn't working, which I use on a regular basis, even though no errors were being shown in Device Manager. Not wanting to reverse the update if it was something I could solve, I double-clicked the sound device in Device Manager, clicked on the "Driver" tab, then clicked "Update Driver", selected "Browse my computer for driver software", then "Let me pick from an list of available drivers from by computer". Only one driver was shown, so I selected it and clicked "Next". Windows warned me that it could not confirm that the driver was compatible with my hardware, but I installed it anyway and the "Line in" began working immediately. Hope this helps someone.

Ben

:)

Ben Myers, Nov 22, 2017

2. Windows 10 Fall Creators Update sound problem

So, yesterday, my Windows 10 PC ran perfectly.

Then "Fall Creator's Update" happened. (01/21/2018)

Then this morning, NO SOUND.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the sound driver(s) (Realtek)

NO SOUND.

I did a Restore to get rid of the "Fall Creator's Update".

Sound works again.

I'm going with the update breaking the sound at some point in "software" -- NOT HARDWARE.

If Microsoft has another plausible scenario, I'd like to hear it.

My mother board is a Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H, with Realtek audio and the latest driver(s).

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers

Bob Franks, Nov 22, 2017
  3. meegjaZT Win User
    Broken sound after Creators Update

These problems are reported with *all* kind of Windows 10 PC's after the Fall update, not only Dell. And with all kind of motherboards (with or without 3rd party soundcard) from MSI, to Asus to ASRock etc.

I build my own system and have the same problems, others with complete Dell, HP or whatever the same complaint or sound related from crackling sound to no sound.

Google gives a LOT of results when searching. A lot of problems started after the Creators update beginning this year. I did not have those problems though. But after the Fall Creators update, I too was a Windows 10 sound victim.

meegjaZT, Nov 22, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Thanks for your post. Some find that with major build updates there's a driver amongst the new set supplied that causes problems, and they have to use an older one, as MS seems to change it's driver database for some PCs from Windows build to Windows build, and sometimes this doesn't work out.

You now need to protect that driver from being replaced again by Windows.
    Hide or Show Windows Updates in Windows 10 Windows Update Activation Tutorials

For example, I had to use a touchpad driver 3 versions older to restore 1 finger and chiral (circular) scrolling - a fairly commonly reported problem when I searched.

dalchina, Nov 22, 2017
Thema:

1. Fall Creator's Update and Sound - Similar Threads - Fall Creator's Update

2. Fall creators update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fall creators update.: How do i stop or block this virus you call the fall creators update, 3 times this year it's uploaded itself onto my computer and every time i've had to revert to the previous build. Each time it installs itself i loose 3-4 hours of work time because i can't use my computer,...
  3. Fall creators update v1809

Fall creators update v1809: I have updated to windows 10 fall creators update v1809 and everything runs smooth until I use sleep mode. When I wake my computer from sleep everything lags extremely to the point where I need to restart, then everything is fine, until I use sleep again. Has anyone...
  4. Sandboxie and Fall Creators Update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sandboxie and Fall Creators Update: I don't know how many Sandboxie users we have here but there's got to be a few. If you are, and have upgraded W10 to FCU, you should install beta 5.21.6. It was released today. Sandboxie doesn't officially support FCU yet, but based on my personal case use, the beta is...
  5. Fall creators update not initializing(?)

Fall creators update not initializing(?): So when i booted my pc this morning, i was greeted with the "hello" screen of the windows update. But then it just stops fading in and giving me black screens amd half-faded in sentences. I decided to give it a while, but after 4 hours it hasn't gotten a step further. The...
  6. Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creators Update: Has anyone installed it yet? If so did it break anything for you? Debating If I should update or not. 95662
  7. Fall Creator Update Query

Fall Creator Update Query: A couple of weeks ago I installed the Fall Creator Update.All installed well,but when I booted up all my Start Menu items were missing,also my about half my Desktop Icons had gone.so I reverted back to build 1703. have Microsoft sorted these things out,i am a bit unsure if I...
  8. fall creator update

fall creator update: Is there a general chart which might give info on when i would get fcu. I went from 7 to 10 just a couple weeks before free 10 stopped. 97324
  9. Fall Creators Update

Fall Creators Update: I just bit the bullet and went to Microsoft site and tried to install it. It hung up stuck on 24% and stayed there for an hour so I pulled the plug and it has gone back to the previous version. Now what? 99881
  10. Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creators Update: I work for a company that has about 200 desktop and laptop running Windows 10 (most are HP's)on our own domain and after the fall creators update, we have experienced Unauthenticated network messages as well as download issues in all browsers (Edge, IE 11, Chrome, Firefox)....