Windows 10: Fall update query

Discus and support Fall update query in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The update was no problem and everything works ok. But after the update there are 3 things which are not really causing problems but just annoying.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by arbee, Oct 17, 2017.

1. arbee Win User

Fall update query

The update was no problem and everything works ok. But after the update there are 3 things which are not really causing problems but just annoying.
    1. When booting the Defender Security Centre pops up.
    2. There is a beep partway through booting. I have change sounds to none but still does it.
    3. Browser window won't stay lined up with corners of the scree on first opening. I can move it to the right hand edge manually but next opening leaves a gap.

:)

arbee, Oct 17, 2017
  2. NeilF784 Win User

Creators Update Windows 10

lacrumb many thanks for your detailed reply.

I read those links. you enclosed.

Just one query . Will the Fall Creators Update include the original Creators Update (with fixes) so would I waste my time by installing the original Creators Update then subsequently he Fall Creators Update?

thanks

Neil.

NeilF784, Oct 17, 2017
  3. getting stuck when opening apps or folders

Fall Creators update will be available on October 17. For more reference about Windows 10 Fall Creators update, click on this
    link.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post your query anytime.

Martin Bar, Oct 17, 2017
  4. Fall update query

Hi arbee.

Please fill in System Specs, include actually machine model number, Windows 10 version and build number at

System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums

First I would check device manager, any yellow exclamation marks. For completeness please expand the sections.

Lets take Windows Fast Startup out of the picture for a test. At Command Prompt (Admin) or Powershell (Admin) type

powercfg -h off

This shuts off hibernation and that shuts off Windows Fast Start Up. To reverse replace the word off with on in command.

When is the last time you checked your system with a second AV scanner? Something like Malwarebytes from Malwarebytes.com

On browser, is it maximized? Are all browser experiencing this? Try a second browser please.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 18, 2017
  5. bro67 Win User
    The resizing is in Settings in Ease, the beep could be due to some housekeeping and the other may be resolved in a future update. It is a new OS and like always, it takes time for the kinks to get ironed out.

bro67, Oct 18, 2017
  6. arbee Win User
    Thanks for the replies, will check out the advice.

arbee, Oct 18, 2017
  7. Hanabishi Win User
    Try to go in Task Manager > Startup and disable "Windows Defender notificatyion icon".

Hanabishi, Oct 18, 2017
  8. arbee Win User

Fall update query

Thanks Hanabashi.
    It wasn't disable "Windows Defender notificatyion icon"
    it was "Windows Defender user interface" that needed disabling.

arbee, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Fall update query

1. Fall update query - Similar Threads - Fall update query

2. Windowss falling update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windowss falling update: Hi, When i try to update the windows, i receive : " Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909 -Error 0x80070002" How can i fix this? I tried o lot of thing from internet, and nothing works. Version of Windows: 1809 OS build: 17763.107 Please help me!...
  3. fall 2019 update

fall 2019 update: fall 2019 update loads but does not update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fall-2019-update/9add115f-3ba2-422b-9d67-38f0e0b4eb51
  4. fall update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    fall update: I still didn't get the fall update has anybody else have the same problem thank you 30237
  5. Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creators Update: Has anyone installed it yet? If so did it break anything for you? Debating If I should update or not. 95662
  6. Fall Creator Update Query

Fall Creator Update Query: A couple of weeks ago I installed the Fall Creator Update.All installed well,but when I booted up all my Start Menu items were missing,also my about half my Desktop Icons had gone.so I reverted back to build 1703. have Microsoft sorted these things out,i am a bit unsure if I...
  7. fall creator update

fall creator update: Is there a general chart which might give info on when i would get fcu. I went from 7 to 10 just a couple weeks before free 10 stopped. 97324
  8. Fall Update

Fall Update: Hi guys. My desktop will not accept the Fall update. The automatic assistant keeps trying and falling over and I have made an ISO on my spare usb drive. No matter what I do it restarts and black screens with no cursor. I have followed so many workarounds and it always ends up...
  9. Fall Creators Update

Fall Creators Update: I just bit the bullet and went to Microsoft site and tried to install it. It hung up stuck on 24% and stayed there for an hour so I pulled the plug and it has gone back to the previous version. Now what? 99881
  10. Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creators Update: I work for a company that has about 200 desktop and laptop running Windows 10 (most are HP's)on our own domain and after the fall creators update, we have experienced Unauthenticated network messages as well as download issues in all browsers (Edge, IE 11, Chrome, Firefox)....