Windows 10: falling a sleep

Discus and support falling a sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My computer keeps falling a sleep why? I have it set on NEVER but I have to sign in every 5 minutes.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by patriciaswann1, Nov 18, 2018.

1. falling a sleep

My computer keeps falling a sleep why? I have it set on NEVER but I have to sign in every 5 minutes.

:)

patriciaswann1, Nov 18, 2018

2. Windows 10 Falls Asleep Despite "Never" Sleep Settings

Hi Tarantino,

Regarding your concern, it is most likely to be caused by a scheduled task. We suggest that you check your
    Task Scheduler for unwanted scheduled tasks. Kindly do the following steps below before 10PM:

• Type task scheduler on the search bar.
    • Click on Task Scheduler.
    • Under Actions, click on Display All Running Tasks.
    • Once All Running Tasks pops up, kindly check for a scheduled sleep that is set to trigger every 10PM.
    • Select the scheduled sleep, then press End Task.

Once you're done with the steps above, kindly check if your computer will still go to sleep at 10PM.

Let us know if you need further assistance with your concern.

Joshua Her1, Nov 18, 2018
  3. Display will not sleep.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you solve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select the time limit for the system to go to sleep from the drop down list.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 18, 2018
  4. falling a sleep

Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Nov 18, 2018
Thema:

falling a sleep

1. falling a sleep - Similar Threads - falling sleep

2. BSOD POWER_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT after laptop falls asleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD POWER_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT after laptop falls asleep: A user is reporting a BSOD when she wakes up her laptop from Sleep, but ONLY when she's connected to her docking station. She says this isn't a problem at home or elsewhere. We've swapped docks, cables, her laptop, RAM, and even tried plugging the dock into another power...
  3. BSOD POWER_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT after laptop falls asleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD POWER_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT after laptop falls asleep: A user is reporting a BSOD when she wakes up her laptop from Sleep, but ONLY when she's connected to her docking station. She says this isn't a problem at home or elsewhere. We've swapped docks, cables, her laptop, RAM, and even tried plugging the dock into another power...
  4. Laptop refuses to wake from sleep , when it falls asleep when connected to a monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop refuses to wake from sleep , when it falls asleep when connected to a monitor: After upgrading both of my laptops to win 11, they do this weird glitch that renders them useless unless manually restarted.When connected to an external monitor, if they go into sleep mode, they never wake up or respond to any touch input. They have to be manually reset...
  5. Laptop refuses to wake from sleep , when it falls asleep when connected to a monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop refuses to wake from sleep , when it falls asleep when connected to a monitor: After upgrading both of my laptops to win 11, they do this weird glitch that renders them useless unless manually restarted.When connected to an external monitor, if they go into sleep mode, they never wake up or respond to any touch input. They have to be manually reset...
  6. Windows 10 Falls Asleep Despite "Never" Sleep Settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Falls Asleep Despite "Never" Sleep Settings: The ONLY WAY TO FIX THE PROBLEM IS TO UN-INSTALL THE OPTIONAL SEPTEMBER UPDATE WHICH CAUSED IT. DOING JUST THAT FIXES IT IMMEDIATEL;Y EVEN BEFORE ANY REBOOT....
  7. Transcend 1TB USB drive falls a sleep in Windows

Transcend 1TB USB drive falls a sleep in Windows: I have USB3.0 hard drive Transcend. I installed some software to it. When I execute that soft, it runs some calculations in memory RAM, but it stores some cache data every 15-30 min back to its folder on the USB drive. I notice If I don't touch the comp for a long period of...
  8. My PC keeps falling in and out of sleep every 4 mins - why?????

My PC keeps falling in and out of sleep every 4 mins - why?????: I am fully up to date with window 10 updates Over the last 2- 3 days I have noticed that my PC goes to sleep for 4 mins, then wakes up for 1 min and then goes back to sleep for 4 mins and this cycles throughout the day and night. I have absolutely no idea why this should...
  9. task only wake up the computer when it fall into sleep automatically

in Windows 10 Support
    task only wake up the computer when it fall into sleep automatically: When I put the computer to sleep the task don't wake up. The task only manages to wake up the computer when the computer goes to sleep alone. Any idea how to solve that? ps: I have enabled in Power option: Power Options / Change Plan Settings / Change advanced power...
  10. Sleep Issue. Falls asleep at random.

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep Issue. Falls asleep at random.: So, it's set to NEVER sleep (unless I tell it to), but persistently falls asleep randomly - sometimes it will run for hours, other times it will sleep if you turn your back on it for 5 minutes. It gets rather annoying after a very short time. Any ideas? Thanks. ....