Windows 10: Fallout 3 goty from microsoft store

Discus and support Fallout 3 goty from microsoft store in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Alright, so, i recently purchased fallout 3, game of the year edition on my computer, i was obviously very exited to play, the when i press new game,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Maxwilliams2124, Aug 24, 2021.

1. Fallout 3 goty from microsoft store

Alright, so, i recently purchased fallout 3, game of the year edition on my computer, i was obviously very exited to play, the when i press new game, it starts loading and pops up with the message "fallout 3 has stopped working", and crashes, i have tried every solution, from nexus mods to changing the .ini folders busethreadedai to 1 instead of 0. And nothing had worked, ive also tried uninstalling multiple times. Now i have the version from the microsoft store, not steam, so the only things in the folder are, saves, FALLOUT.ini, FalloutPrefs.ini and Rendererinfo.txt. i also have the d3d9.dll

:)

Maxwilliams2124, Aug 24, 2021

2. fallout 3

I bought Fallout 3 goty on steam and am having massive difficulty getting it to work right, any advice?

MitchShaffer, Aug 24, 2021
  3. rsf722 Win User
    fallout 3 for windows 10

I am using Windows 10 pro 64 bit and Steam, I was able to get Fallout 3 to work by doing the following.

navigate to the following folder:

For 64 bit: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 3 goty\Fallout3.exe"

For 32 bit: "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 3 goty\Fallout3.exe"

right click and go to properties, compatibility tab and set it to run in compatibility mode for Windows Xp.

You might have to try different versions, some things will run using SP 2 but not SP 1 or 3.

This fix should work for Windows 8 and 8.1 as well.

rsf722, Aug 24, 2021
  4. fusionblu Win User

Fallout 3 goty from microsoft store

Fallout 3 GoTY at super bargain price

LOL, I know some people probably do encounter these glitches, but since putting that update on I have had none of these issues from the game at all and that is after hours of playing the Fallout 3 GoTY Edition that I have for PC.

The problem with the list that Tyrael has shown is a few things:

1. What platform of the game is these listed problems coming from specifically (PC? PS3?)
    2. When was these issues originally reported?
    3. If the game is for PC, what edition it is of the game? (Original No DLC First Release or GoTY Edition on hard copy? Or Original No DLC First Release or GoTY Edition on Steam?)
    4. If the game is on hard copy for PC (either orginal or GoTY Edition), what update it is running on? Is it even running on an update at all?

I know some do get genuine issues with the game, but the list that Tyrael has produced is way too easy to produce since millions has already reported such issues and it is very likely that near enough all these bugs have been fixed with the latest update so unless you play the game under perfect conditions such as the running the PC GoTY Edition on the latest update, on a perfectly working PC (such as with no graphic card driver issues) there is no real way of knowing for sure about whether these glitches still occur.

If someone would like to show a glitch(s) of a Fallout 3 under perfect conditions then I recommend that you show a video showing the game is genuinely under perfect condition and that the game, despite the updates been done and that the hardware is in perfect working order, still continues to have these glitches.

fusionblu, Aug 24, 2021
Thema:

Fallout 3 goty from microsoft store

1. Fallout 3 goty from microsoft store - Similar Threads - Fallout goty microsoft

2. I cannot find/add the compatibility tab for Fallout 3 GOTY edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot find/add the compatibility tab for Fallout 3 GOTY edition: Trying to run Fallout 3 GOTY edition on windows 11. It needs to be run on Windows 7 or vista but I couldn't find the compatibility tab in 'Properties' on the game file C:\Program Files x86\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 3 goty. Also tried adding compatibility tab for all user...
  3. I cannot find/add the compatibility tab for Fallout 3 GOTY edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot find/add the compatibility tab for Fallout 3 GOTY edition: Trying to run Fallout 3 GOTY edition on windows 11. It needs to be run on Windows 7 or vista but I couldn't find the compatibility tab in 'Properties' on the game file C:\Program Files x86\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 3 goty. Also tried adding compatibility tab for all user...
  4. Hitman 3 GOTY pass

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Hitman 3 GOTY pass: Please can anyone help? i purchased Hitman 3 on xbox one having previously purchased Hitman 1&2 including all ither add ons.. One being the Hitman GOTY.. however when i opened up Hitman 3 it says I do not have the content i stalled for the GOTY pass.. When i go to the...
  5. fallout 3

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    fallout 3: Not able to run on steam missing dll files and just not working through steam on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fallout-3/34df14e8-206e-4cf3-ba25-940c0e6b80f5
  6. Fallout 3 GFWLive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fallout 3 GFWLive: I'm trying to play Fallout 3 for the first time on steam and it says to download gfwlive. I download the setup file and begin to download it, halfway through the download it stops and the logs states: Download Error: 0x800c0006 A network error occurred while attempting to...
  7. Fallout 3 GFWLive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fallout 3 GFWLive: I'm trying to play Fallout 3 for the first time on steam and it says to download gfwlive. I download the setup file and begin to download it, halfway through the download it stops and the logs states: Download Error: 0x800c0006 A network error occurred while attempting to...
  8. fallout 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fallout 3: Trying to play fallout 3 on steam. I get this error message " the ordinal 43 could not be located in the dynamic link library c:/windows/system32\xlive.dill." All research I have done on the matter seems to suggest this is an issue with Games for Windows Live. Have tried...
  9. Fallout 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fallout 3: So, the last time I ran F/O-3 was back under XP or 97, now, of course it's Win/10 & it will not run. But a work around talks about A file, gfwlivesetup.exe. But I get an error msg. says combatability issues, just running THAT file. Any Ideas? I like the game Oldie, but a...
  10. fallout 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fallout 3: I bought Fallout 3 goty on steam and am having massive difficulty getting it to work right, any advice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fallout-3/b7932775-7bbd-4e9c-a956-da19abfdb333