Windows 10: Fallout 3 not running

Discus and support Fallout 3 not running in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When i try loading Fallout 3 on windows 10 is loads to the main screen but when i press play it says there is already a instance of fallout 3 running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by connor smith3, May 24, 2024.

1. Fallout 3 not running

When i try loading Fallout 3 on windows 10 is loads to the main screen but when i press play it says there is already a instance of fallout 3 running I’ve reset the laptop and reinstalled it and it keeps saying the same thing

:)

connor smith3, May 24, 2024

2. running Fallout 3 from disk on windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

• What happens when the disk is inserted?
    • Do you receive any error message\code?
    You may refer to the suggestions by BossDweebe in the following thread and check
    if it helps.

Fallout 3 not running on win10

Redirecting

Hope it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, May 24, 2024
  3. Fallout 3 on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to play Fallout 3. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know whether you receive any error message.

This issue may arise due to the compatibility issue.

I suggest you to run the game in compatibility mode and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Run the program in Compatibility mode, please follow the below steps:

1) Right click on the Program

2) Click on Properties

3) Click on Compatibility tab

4) Select Run this program in compatibility mode and select the operating system as Windows 8 or accordingly from the drop down list.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 24, 2024
  4. Fallout 3 not running

fallout 3

Trying to play fallout 3 on steam. I get this error message " the ordinal 43 could not be located in the dynamic link library c:/windows/system32\xlive.dill."

All research I have done on the matter seems to suggest this is an issue with Games for Windows Live. Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, repairing, everything I can find. Please help.

RachelPieterse, May 24, 2024
Thema:

Fallout 3 not running

1. Fallout 3 not running - Similar Threads - Fallout running

2. Fallout 76 from Amazon Prime give me an error 0x803f8001

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fallout 76 from Amazon Prime give me an error 0x803f8001: Hello,After some time I wanted to try Fallout 76.I get the game 2 years ago from Amazon Prime.When game was installed and I try to play it show me an error 0x803f8001First contact with MS support goes very wrong - support say that I should run msconfig and start clean run of...
  3. Fallout 3 not running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fallout 3 not running: When i try loading Fallout 3 on windows 10 is loads to the main screen but when i press play it says there is already a instance of fallout 3 running I’ve reset the laptop and reinstalled it and it keeps saying the same thing...
  4. Is it Possible for All the Fallout Games to Run on Windows 11, Please ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it Possible for All the Fallout Games to Run on Windows 11, Please ?: Dear Sir or Madam at Microsoft,I am First and Foremost a Combat Soldier in the 22nd Special Air Service.Currently I work as a Psychotherapist / Doctor at Weaver Lodge Independant Hospital Winsford Cheshire CW7 3DT.I have Microsoft 365, and use the Word, Onedrive and CloudOne...
  5. Is it Possible for All the Fallout Games to Run on Windows 11, Please ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it Possible for All the Fallout Games to Run on Windows 11, Please ?: Dear Sir or Madam at Microsoft,I am First and Foremost a Combat Soldier in the 22nd Special Air Service.Currently I work as a Psychotherapist / Doctor at Weaver Lodge Independant Hospital Winsford Cheshire CW7 3DT.I have Microsoft 365, and use the Word, Onedrive and CloudOne...
  6. I can't run fallout 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't run fallout 2: I can't run fallout 2 on steam whenever I start the game it freezes to a black screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-run-fallout-2/75613972-3666-4ab6-a498-3f3c6f3aad28
  7. I can't run fallout 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't run fallout 2: I can't run fallout 2 on steam whenever I start the game it freezes to a black screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-run-fallout-2/75613972-3666-4ab6-a498-3f3c6f3aad28
  8. Event ID 1000 when running Fallout 76

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Event ID 1000 when running Fallout 76: Whenever I try to run Fallout 76, the following error event occurs.Faulting application name: Project76_GamePass.exe, version: 1.7.1.19, time stamp: 0x635869c2Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000Exception code: 0xc0000005Fault offset:...
  9. can you move d3d9.dll from System32 and move it to Fallout 3 Files So Fallout 3 can run

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can you move d3d9.dll from System32 and move it to Fallout 3 Files So Fallout 3 can run: Hello, Im Just Wondering if you can move d3d9.dll from System32 and move it to Fallout 3 Files So Fallout 3 can run https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-move-d3d9dll-from-system32-and-move-it-to/00913a31-0bc6-480a-af4d-7ed29b56e98a
  10. I can't run fallout 76

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can't run fallout 76: Hello! I Bought Xbox game pass in Microsoft store to play Fallout 76 Forza 4 and Dishonored 2. When I had installed these games, I found that i can't run Fallout 76 but I could play Dishonored and Forza. I tried to fix it by deleting settings file in My documents/my...