Windows 10: Fallout 3

Discus and support Fallout 3 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So, the last time I ran F/O-3 was back under XP or 97, now, of course it's Win/10 & it will not run. But a work around talks about A file,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Scout94, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Scout94 Win User

Fallout 3

So, the last time I ran F/O-3 was back under XP or 97, now, of course it's Win/10 & it will not run. But a work around talks about A file, gfwlivesetup.exe. But I get an error msg. says combatability issues, just running THAT file. Any Ideas? I like the game Oldie, but a goody & would like to play it again.

Thanks for any ideas you have.

:)

Scout94, Sep 12, 2020

2. running Fallout 3 from disk on windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

• What happens when the disk is inserted?
    • Do you receive any error message\code?
    You may refer to the suggestions by BossDweebe in the following thread and check
    if it helps.

Fallout 3 not running on win10

Fallout 3 not running on win10

Hope it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Sep 12, 2020
  3. Fallout 3 on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to play Fallout 3. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know whether you receive any error message.

This issue may arise due to the compatibility issue.

I suggest you to run the game in compatibility mode and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Run the program in Compatibility mode, please follow the below steps:

1) Right click on the Program

2) Click on Properties

3) Click on Compatibility tab

4) Select Run this program in compatibility mode and select the operating system as Windows 8 or accordingly from the drop down list.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 12, 2020
  4. Fallout 3

fallout 3

I bought Fallout 3 goty on steam and am having massive difficulty getting it to work right, any advice?

MitchShaffer, Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

Fallout 3

1. Fallout 3 - Similar Threads - Fallout

2. Fallout 76 uninstalled itself and Flight Simulator not removing files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fallout 76 uninstalled itself and Flight Simulator not removing files.: Installed Fallout 76 and played it for days. Tried to uninstall Microsoft flight simulator 2020 but it left a bunch of files still on my pc. So I tried to manually remove them from the MSIXVC folder that is the flight sim folder. Got an error saying that the file is used by...
  3. Problem playing Fallout 4 on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem playing Fallout 4 on Windows 10: Hi, I have a problem. When I play Fallout 4 (I play with the settings on ultra) everything is perfect, but there are times when I pause the game and go away for a while. When I return, the screen is idle (up to here everything is normal), but when it turns on it shows all...
  4. I can't use fallout shelter on my pc, some error pops up - Error Code 8 HResult: #80004005

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't use fallout shelter on my pc, some error pops up - Error Code 8 HResult: #80004005: [ATTACH][ATTACH] I keep re-opening he app and closing it but it wont work, then i uninstall it and reinstall it and it still the same and when i press OK it says please sign in then goes back to the error code....
  5. SOLVED: Fallout New Vegas CTD with 0xC0000409 exception.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SOLVED: Fallout New Vegas CTD with 0xC0000409 exception.: Bought the game during the last Steam sale, been wanting to play it for a number of years but I always said "maybe later". So, I've had the game for about a month. And 3 weeks or more of that time? It's been crashing nonstop whenever I try to enter certain places or get too...
  6. Fallout New Vegas CTD with 0xC0000409 exception.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fallout New Vegas CTD with 0xC0000409 exception.: Bought the game during the last Steam sale, been wanting to play it for a number of years but I always said "maybe later". So, I've had the game for about a month. And 3 weeks or more of that time? It's been crashing nonstop whenever I try to enter certain places or get too...
  7. fallout 76 on game pass for pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fallout 76 on game pass for pc: so i installed fallout 76 off of game pass for pc on to my computer, and normally when i run an online game or really any game, it asks if i want to give it permission to use private networks and stuff, but when it asked me for fallout 76 the screen had went black and i...
  8. Fallout 76 microsoft store playing with mods

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Fallout 76 microsoft store playing with mods: After the game was downloaded, I wanted to play with 3 monitors which doesn't allow you to as the resolution doesn't go past 1920/1080 I was reading that you can make it support widescreen. Hence I enable modding. Finding out Project76_GamePass.exe <--- does not work and...
  9. other day i used a fallout 2 save editor but when i closed it today thiis happened i cant...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    other day i used a fallout 2 save editor but when i closed it today thiis happened i cant...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Furryhater420 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ewp1x3/other_day_i_used_a_fallout_2_save_editor_but_when/
  10. Fallout Sheler, Xbox sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fallout Sheler, Xbox sign in: I just downloaded Fallout Shelter on my Windows 10, and it is asking me to sign into Xbox. Where do I sign in? It does not give me the option to sign in in-game....