Windows 10: Fallout 76 uninstalled itself and Flight Simulator not removing files.

Discus and support Fallout 76 uninstalled itself and Flight Simulator not removing files. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Installed Fallout 76 and played it for days. Tried to uninstall Microsoft flight simulator 2020 but it left a bunch of files still on my pc. So I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Anvnamnet, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Anvnamnet Win User

Fallout 76 uninstalled itself and Flight Simulator not removing files.

Installed Fallout 76 and played it for days.

Tried to uninstall Microsoft flight simulator 2020 but it left a bunch of files still on my pc.
    So I tried to manually remove them from the MSIXVC folder that is the flight sim folder.

Got an error saying that the file is used by "system".

I Ctrl Alt Del to turn of all things related to xbox and microsoft store. 2 processes forced quit.

I could remove the MSIXVC folder no problem.

Restarted PC. Went to start Fallout 76. Apparently it was removed all files from PC, but the flight simulator files are still there. They came back....

What, why? When and how?
    And should I cancel my gamepass for PC. I have noticed that almost all files installed from Microsoft store stays on the PC even after uninstall.

:)

Anvnamnet, Sep 2, 2020

2. Microsoft Flight Simulator issue after Windows 10 Upgrade

Hi Rahul,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to completely uninstall Microsoft Flight Simulator and check.

Refer the steps below to uninstall.

• Press “Windows key + X”, select Control panel.
    • Open programs and features.
    • In the list of installed programs, select Microsoft Flight Simulator, and then click
      Remove.

Note: If you have earlier versions of Flight Simulator in the list of installed programs, you will have to remove them in addition to Flight Simulator.

Reinstall the Flight Simulator.

Please reply to us if the issue still persist.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 2, 2020
  3. Flight Simulator will not uninstall

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Kindly reply: Did you receive any error message when you tried to uninstall flight simulator?

I would suggest you try uninstall Flight Simulator from the safe mode.

Follow the steps to go to the safe mode.

• Press Windows key and click on the Power icon.
    • Click on Restart while pressing the
      Shift key.
    • A blue screen will appear with a few options.
      Click on Troubleshoot > Advanced Settings > Startup Settings > Restart.
    • Your system will restart, once you click on
      Restart.
      After the Manufacturer's logo display, you will view a blue screen with several options. Click
      F5 or 5 to go to Safe Mode with Networking.
    • Once you have logged into safe mode with networking, press
      Windows key + X and click on Control Panel.
    • Under Programs, click on
      Uninstall a program
    • Search for Flight Simulator and select
      Uninstall.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Sep 2, 2020
  4. Fallout 76 uninstalled itself and Flight Simulator not removing files.

Flight simulator

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums

1. Which version of Windows are you currently using?
    2. Which version of Flight simulator are you currently using?

I suggest you to contact
    Flight simulator
    support, they will be able to assist you better.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

Fallout 76 uninstalled itself and Flight Simulator not removing files.

1. Fallout 76 uninstalled itself and Flight Simulator not removing files. - Similar Threads - Fallout uninstalled itself

2. Fallout 76

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fallout 76: Hi, I have a laptop, 7700 series and I got fallout 76. It’s a black screen at the beginning but just music. I have an upgraded driver, firewall is allowing it. I need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fallout-76/006d3209-5315-471e-80ea-efad385e2cab
  3. Fallout 76

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fallout 76: Hi, I have a laptop, 7700 series and I got fallout 76. It’s a black screen at the beginning but just music. I have an upgraded driver, firewall is allowing it. I need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fallout-76/006d3209-5315-471e-80ea-efad385e2cab
  4. Fallout 76

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fallout 76: [ATTACH]This is what i see after i open the game and right 2 seconds after this the game crashes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fallout-76/f6f256de-3f33-4053-98bb-ab8184f9f671
  5. I can't run fallout 76

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can't run fallout 76: Hello! I Bought Xbox game pass in Microsoft store to play Fallout 76 Forza 4 and Dishonored 2. When I had installed these games, I found that i can't run Fallout 76 but I could play Dishonored and Forza. I tried to fix it by deleting settings file in My documents/my...
  6. Microsoft flight simulator 2020 Uninstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft flight simulator 2020 Uninstall: Hi! I want to completely delete the game from my pc? I've tried it several times. Houw can I delet allow the game files of fligt simulator 2020 so I can reinstall the game from the very beginning? Basically I have brought on steam but there is only the launcher are. Im...
  7. Fallout 76 won’t start pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fallout 76 won’t start pc: Hi! So I just got fallout 76 the other day and is actually a lot of fun! However, I tried opening it up yeaterday, and all that happens in a clack box popping up for a few seconds, and then going away. I even tried reinstalling it with no success. I have FO76 from xbox game...
  8. How to uninstall flight simulator 2020

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to uninstall flight simulator 2020: My system is having trouble coping with FS2020. I have uninstalled it using the Control Panel but am left with 94.3Gb of files in the "Official" folder. Can I just go ahead and delete these?...
  9. fallout 76 on game pass for pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fallout 76 on game pass for pc: so i installed fallout 76 off of game pass for pc on to my computer, and normally when i run an online game or really any game, it asks if i want to give it permission to use private networks and stuff, but when it asked me for fallout 76 the screen had went black and i...
  10. Fallout 76 + Discord attempted_switch_from_DPC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fallout 76 + Discord attempted_switch_from_DPC: I was playing Fallout 76 with a friend using discord over the built-in voice chat. The in-game chat was set to none in the game settings. I was in the leveling menu talking about game mechanics while my friend was talking at the same time. So in discord there was output and...