Windows 10: False alarm caused by Microsoft Security Essential

Discus and support False alarm caused by Microsoft Security Essential in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Dear Sir, I suffer an issue that my under layer disk IO execution file was misjudged as virus by Microsoft Security Essential. (This may 100%... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ChamberWang, Feb 2, 2019.

1. False alarm caused by Microsoft Security Essential

Dear Sir,

I suffer an issue that my under layer disk IO execution file was misjudged as virus by Microsoft Security Essential.
    (This may 100% reproduced when I compile it by using MFC in a static library)
    However, when I recompile this execution file by using MFC in standard Windows library then it won't be misjudged anymore.

Please advise what may I do next? I can even provide my execution file and source file for your investigation if necessary.
    Thanks,

Chamber Wang Feb 2, 2019

:)

ChamberWang, Feb 2, 2019

2. Microsoft Security Essentials

What is Microsoft Security Essentials?

TheLaughingMan, Feb 2, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    False Alarm Tracking System

I'm doing some work for a security company that monitors alarm systems. They are currently using an ancient piece of software that tracks false alarms.

Basically, ever time there is a false alarm it is entered into the system, each one is entered manually so it doesn't have to interface with another piece of software or anything. When the person gets their 3rd false alarm the software automatically flags the person and spits out a $35 invoice so it can be sent to the person. Every false alarm after that the system generates another $35 invoice and tracks the persons balance as well. Then on January 1 the number of false alarms are reset to 0 and the process starts over, but obviously their balance is kept if they haven't paid it.

I'm looking to replace this old program with something that will actually run in Windows 7/8, right now they have to use XPMode to run it and it barely runs under that.

Anyone know of anything free of paid that could do this?

newtekie1, Feb 2, 2019
  4. False alarm caused by Microsoft Security Essential

PA Bear - MS MVP, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

False alarm caused by Microsoft Security Essential

1. False alarm caused by Microsoft Security Essential - Similar Threads - False alarm caused

2. Antivirus false alarm

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antivirus false alarm: Windows Security triggers when I try to run an .exe that I coded myself. I'm using Notepad++ to code in C and Developer's Command Prompt from VS 2019 to compile. Then when I try to run the exe, it triggers the alert and deletes the exe. Can anything be done about this? I...
  3. Bearfoos.A!ml false alarm?

Bearfoos.A!ml false alarm?: I was writing a program in QB64 that downloads all files on a specific page on the internet. After troubleshooting it a bit, I ran it and it started for a split second then stopped. I got a notification that a threat was found. It pointed to the executable that I just...
  4. MICROSOFT SECURITY ESSENTIAL

MICROSOFT SECURITY ESSENTIAL: I'VE A PROBLEM WITH UPDATE DEFINITION VIRUS SECURITY ESSENTIL, 'CAUSE SYSTEM DOESN'T INSTALL THEM. PLEASE I'M ITALIAN AND IF IT POSSIBLE FOR YOUR ANSWER USE SIMPLE WORDS....
  5. microsoft security essentials

microsoft security essentials: How do i uninstall when it wont let me i get error code 0x80070643 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-security-essentials/d810d3bf-9073-4ec7-a57a-4260a3b4f278
  6. microsoft security essentials

microsoft security essentials: I am seeing yellow for my "MSE" i am "trying to scan it so i clicked on a quick scan it still showing yellow so I take it that did not work. My question is in the settings where it says "run a scheduled scan" well the boxes are checked (i have no idea why or what anything I...
  7. microsoft security essentials

microsoft security essentials: microsoft security essentials error code0x8004FF71 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-security-essentials/2a768835-d2a8-42ff-bf8f-a729032a2020
  8. Microsoft Security Essentials

Microsoft Security Essentials: Today I find that the Security Essentials program keeps shutting down. I have tried to restart it several times just to have it shut down moments later. What is the problem?...
  9. Microsoft Security Essentials

Microsoft Security Essentials: I started a full scan on Microsoft Security Essentials and it's been running for 20 hours and is only at 75% completed. What are possible problems? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-security-essentials/1e8b663b-5259-4c45-8132-e230746423ed
  10. Microsoft essentials security

Microsoft essentials security: how come every time i ask to remove from my Quarantine box it ask"s me if Microsoft can make changes to my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-essentials-security/4e51fbec-cffe-41e5-840b-1cb06da86724