Windows 10: False and corrupt network adaptor shows in wireless and cannot seem to delete it

Discus and support False and corrupt network adaptor shows in wireless and cannot seem to delete it in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I installed a new router and was sent a malicious trojan to my windows 10, and the previous wireless name stays on my connections list even when the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RobertJasper2, Jul 28, 2020.

1. False and corrupt network adaptor shows in wireless and cannot seem to delete it

I installed a new router and was sent a malicious trojan to my windows 10, and the previous wireless name stays on my connections list even when the wireless and router are off. It must have imbedded into my computer and tried multiple maleware tools, including NPE, Malewarebytes, and McAfee and sometimes a trojan was found but could not be fixed.

:)

RobertJasper2, Jul 28, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

wireless network

Vista or XP?

You need to go in and delete the network. Then it will pick it up again, and ask you to enter the key again.

On Vista, you do this by going into Networking and Sharing Center. The click on Customize, then click on Merge or delete network locations. Find the SSID of the router in the list, and delete it.

On XP, I believe you have to go to Network Connections, then right click on your Wireless Adaptor. Go to Status, and there should be a button to Manage Wireless Networks, that should take you to where you need to be to delete the network.

newtekie1, Jul 28, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Change Wireless Network Connection Priority Order in Windows 10

Hello Denis, False and corrupt network adaptor shows in wireless and cannot seem to delete it :)

The command in step 2 of Option Two should show your wireless networks listed in priority order. Top of the list is higher.

Brink, Jul 28, 2020
  4. False and corrupt network adaptor shows in wireless and cannot seem to delete it

miracast wireless adaptor not connecting

Hi,

I am using a HP laptop with windows 10. On initial set up I can link my laptop to my monitor using the wireles adaptor dongle. The screen is mirrored as it should be and i have updated the latest firmware. The problem comes as soon as I disconnect the
    projector via the laptop or turn the monitor ofc the laptop cannot link to the monitor. The monitor says its ready to connect to my wireles adaptor and the devices screen on my laptop shows the adaptor is connected but cannot link together and project the
    screen. Eventually the laptop times out and says unable to connect.

The only way I can get the cast to work again is to manually delete the wireles adaptor dongle from the connected devices list and select add device and set up the wireless adaptor again. This happens every time and I have tried this on 2 x wireless adaptor
    dongles with my laptop and same results.

Any help with this is apreciated.

Many thanks

Jamie

jamiewooduk, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

False and corrupt network adaptor shows in wireless and cannot seem to delete it

1. False and corrupt network adaptor shows in wireless and cannot seem to delete it - Similar Threads - False corrupt network

2. Wireless Network Adaptor not Starting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless Network Adaptor not Starting: Hello,I have laptop with Windows 10 Pro, namely Lenovo ideapad Z560. The wireless adaptor doesn't start even after installing its driver several times. Please do needful.Device OS Specification Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 OS build 19045.2728;Wireless Adaptor...
  3. Wireless Network Adaptor not Starting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Network Adaptor not Starting: Hello,I have laptop with Windows 10 Pro, namely Lenovo ideapad Z560. The wireless adaptor doesn't start even after installing its driver several times. Please do needful.Device OS Specification Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 OS build 19045.2728;Wireless Adaptor...
  4. Wireless Network Adaptor not Starting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Killer Wireless 1535 wireless network adaptor issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Killer Wireless 1535 wireless network adaptor issue: Hello, my computer updated Windows 10, and ever since my wifi doesn't work, under the device manager screen, the Killer wireless network adaptor shows an exclamation mark. When I attempt to update the drivers, it tells me, I already have the latest drivers, and the option to...
  6. Killer Wireless 1535 wireless network adaptor issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Killer Wireless 1535 wireless network adaptor issue: Hello, my computer updated Windows 10, and ever since my wifi doesn't work, under the device manager screen, the Killer wireless network adaptor shows an exclamation mark. When I attempt to update the drivers, it tells me, I already have the latest drivers, and the option to...
  7. Killer Wireless 1535 wireless network adaptor issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Bluetooth interference with wireless network adaptor.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth interference with wireless network adaptor.: I use a HP pavilion laptop which uses Realtek RTL882CE 802.11ac PCle wireless adaptor. The wifi works fine until I turn on the bluetooth, the laptop is connected to the wifi but displays a no internet message, when I diagnose/troubleshoot it says the problem is Default...
  9. Wireless Network Adaptor problems

Wireless Network Adaptor problems: Every few months I lose internet connection on my computer and I get the same error message about problem with the network adaptor. I have the following message: Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adaptor is experiencing driver or hardware-related problems. I...
  10. LAN and Wireless Network Adaptor not working, Win10

LAN and Wireless Network Adaptor not working, Win10: Hi all, I did a silly thing and now both my LAN and Wireless Network adaptors are not working. On both I have the following 'device status' "Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device Code 56." Using a second laptop, I've downloaded and installed...